A couple of skits with anything muppets

Censored

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
now com on Ziffel. i wasn't being critical. i thought it was funny. if somebody did that I wouldn't of taken that seriously and probably would of laughed. unless they made some mean comment and it saying number 11? doesn't even sound all that bad.

"now com on"? "i wasn't"?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I think we setteled our differences and misunderstandings oh you just keep out of this!

Censored

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
I think we setteled our differences and misunderstandings oh you just keep out of this!

now com on Mike. i wasn't being critical. i thought it was funny. if somebody did that I wouldn't of taken that seriously and probably would of laughed. unless they made some mean comment and it saying no capitalization and bad spelling? doesn't even sound all that bad.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Hey GeeBee, I see you're in New Orleans and I was watching the local news at noon here today and they mentioned New Orleans could get really slammed big time (like 6-7 inches of rain this afternoon!) from hurricane Cindy today and tomorrow. Hope Cindy passes you by without too much damage.

Another anything muppets segment I thought of had two muppets next to each other and they would say several times throughout:
Muppet 1: "I say wonderful"
Muppet 2: "I say yuck!"
Muppet 1: "I say beautiful."
Muppet 2: "I say blech!"
Muppet 1: "Just what I think is really terrific.."
Muppet: "Might be awfully yucky to me!"

(I guess they probably could have used Oscar for anything muppet 2 in this skit!)

This was kind of underscoring the point made in that song by Grover with that anything girl muppet (about people having different likes and dislikes but "still we like each other") but more fast paced music and pretty humurous. Like one part showed two lady muppets with kind of tall and wild looking hats and they both went up to each other and said, "How do you like my new hat?" And then they both said, "Yuck!"
But I like that other AM one I mentioned once before even better. Where the two sing, "I'm first. I'm last. I'm slow. I'm fast. "(Both) In whether we run or skate or jump or swim." Really enjoyable music further enhances this one, too. As well as the bonus appearance of Herry in the big box.

Censored

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
Hey GeeBee, I see you're in New Orleans and I was watching the local news at noon here today and they mentioned New Orleans could get really slammed big time (like 6-7 inches of rain this afternoon!) from hurricane Cindy today and tomorrow. Hope Cindy passes you by without too much damage.

Another anything muppets segment I thought of had two muppets next to each other and they would say several times throughout:
Muppet 1: "I say wonderful"
Muppet 2: "I say yuck!"
Muppet 1: "I say beautiful."
Muppet 2: "I say blech!"
Muppet 1: "Just what I think is really terrific.."
Muppet: "Might be awfully yucky to me!"

(I guess they probably could have used Oscar for anything muppet 2 in this skit!)

This was kind of underscoring the point made in that song by Grover with that anything girl muppet (about people having different likes and dislikes but "still we like each other") but more fast paced music and pretty humurous. Like one part showed two lady muppets with kind of tall and wild looking hats and they both went up to each other and said, "How do you like my new hat?" And then they both said, "Yuck!"
But I like that other AM one I mentioned once before even better. Where the two sing, "I'm first. I'm last. I'm slow. I'm fast. "(Both) In whether we run or skate or jump or swim." Really enjoyable music further enhances this one, too. As well as the bonus appearance of Herry in the big box.

Thanks, Ziffel.

My work place closed early today and may not be open tomorrow. We're waiting for it to make landfall and taking reasonable precautions, but compared to other storms we've faced, this isn't that bad. I think it's still a tropical storm.

I love the "I'm first/I'm Last" segment. Wish I could see it again.

Have a great day.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Oh that's good it's a tropical storm. I heard them talking about Cindy and the upcoming Dennis and thought hurricane, but I forgot they name tropical storms too. :smile:

Ziffel

Reaction score
Anyone remember the two anything muppets (one red, one green) going through the alphabet? I cited this one briefly once before as an example of a sketch that scared me as a kid. It's actually only the very beginning that got to me. There is a plain blue screen and a rather loud knocking or booming sound. And a red anything muppet is at the distant bottom and runs up the screen and says "A". The sudden sound and peculiar music and the muppet racing up scared me (though I bet this one didn't bother anyone else. :smile: ).
One time I was sitting in front of the tv watching SS while blowing those old soap bubbles through the stick. I had the bottle on a tray in front of me and when this skit suddenly came on I spilled the bottle all over the tray. :embarrassed:
Anyway, once the green muppet then says, "B", I was comfortable with the rest of this sketch, though the music was pretty peculiar throughout. They both alternated saying the letters and at the letters M and S that red muppet said them slowly (like emmmmmmm and Sssssssss and there was a pause for about five seconds. Guess it was just to provide a little variety to the style of the alphabet skit). Then they both say w, then x, then y, and z. Then I think they were on opposite sides of the screen and tried to merge into the center together until they disappeared. They said, "Oops oops are we gonna make it? (then they are completely invisible) Okay good."