A couple of skits with anything muppets

Ziffel

Reaction score
I thought of a couple of sketches that both had anything muppets.

The first one had a muppet pumping gas at a gas station. A muppet pulls up and asks to have his car filled up. Meanwhile another customer comes (off camera) and the attendant fills up their car with gas in about five seconds. The car drives off and the attendant says, "See you in the funny papers. Har har har." The first customer is stunned and asks, "Did you just fill up that car with gas?" The attendant says yes. The customer says, "Well then how come it took such a quick time with him, but it's taking such a long time with me?" Another off camera customer comes and once again is finished in a few seconds and drives off. The first customer again asks the same question. Still another car drives up. This time it's on camera. And we see why it was taking so fast with these other cars. They were very tiny muppets driving very tiny cars.

The second, like the one above, I haven't seen in about 30 years or so, but recall it pretty well. Yet I don't quite recall every detail. This anything muppet needs a dentist for a toothache but when he comes in the place to see the dentist it turns out that the anything muppet dentist is also about a dozen other professions for the town! (There was a list of all of them posted on the wall). And when told about the toothache he couldn't remember which occupation that called for. He makes two mistakes in a row. I think they were a fireman and a cook. He goes to another room and quickly switches into the proper attire. He comes back in dressed as a fireman and points a hose at the patient's mouth. The patient angrily tells him he's not supposed to be a fireman for this. So he goes away and changes outfits again and comes back dressed as a cook. Holding a loaf of bread he points it to the patient's mouth and says, "Open wide." And, of course, he gets hotly rebuked again. The patient then tells the guy to think. The guy makes a couple of guesses, both wrong again. I forgot what the first incorrect guess was but the second one he said, "Is it the one where I take care of the animals and make sure their cages are clean?" The other guy says, "No! That's where you're the zookeeper!" He then asks him to give him a hint. Finally the patient tells him it's the dentist he's supposed to be. And the patient demonstrates by putting him in the chair and examining his teeth. He says, "You ought to take better care of your teeth." The guy in a muffled voice says, "Well, I..I.." Then I think the patient says, "Hey is that a gold tooth you have there?" Pretty amusing skit.

The memories of these classic skits from Sesame Street just keep on coming. Sometimes it seems like the number of them is inexhaustible.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
that same guy was amachanic in this other skit probably made at the same time. this bus driver who for some reason i think was the same guy who was driving that car in the other skit. the bus was actuallt the word bus and it was squashed. and somehow the machanic i guess pumps up the word and all 3 letters slowly rise up.

Xerus

Reaction score
The same gas station muppet made another appearance. He was a mechanic working in a garage and a muppet bus driver comes in pushing in some crumpled up yellow felt. He said he got into an accident and asked the mechanic if he could fix his bus. The mechanic took a hammer and started hammering. The first crumpled felt puffed up into a letter B. Then the mechanic started hammering the second felt and it became a U. And the final felt rose to an S. "Sixteen hits on an S. That builds muscles!" says the mechanic proudly. Then the driver saw that it was the word BUS once again. He thanked the mechanic, got behind the S, and drove away in his fixed BUS.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Xerus. i just explained that to Zifel. i don't mind you or anyone else giving out more details like you did with the E&B skit but it sounds like you just repeated what i just said.

Censored

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
Xerus. i just explained that to Zifel. i don't mind you or anyone else giving out more details like you did with the E&B skit but it sounds like you just repeated what i just said.

Is there a rule on here against paraphrasing what someone else said? If there isn't, I wouldn't worry about it.

Censored

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:

Besides, it wasn't exactly the same. Xerus' was a lot easier to read because proper punctuation, grammar and capitalization was used.

SesameMike

Reaction score
In the old west skit, in which that guy was literally a "jack of all trades", one of the incorrect guesses at the end was (inexact wording):

"Is it the one where I deliver the letters and packages to your house?"
The other guy says, "No! That's where you're the mailman!"

Xerus

Reaction score
Xerus said:
The same gas station muppet made another appearance. He was a mechanic working in a garage and a muppet bus driver comes in pushing in some crumpled up yellow felt. He said he got into an accident and asked the mechanic if he could fix his bus. The mechanic took a hammer and started hammering. The first crumpled felt puffed up into a letter B. Then the mechanic started hammering the second felt and it became a U. And the final felt rose to an S. "Sixteen hits on an S. That builds muscles!" says the mechanic proudly. Then the driver saw that it was the word BUS once again. He thanked the mechanic, got behind the S, and drove away in his fixed BUS.
Sorry about that. I guess I didn't read the next message too well.

Censored

Reaction score
Xerus said:
Sorry about that. I guess I didn't read the next message too well.

It wasn't an easy one to read.

Ziffel

Reaction score
And a couple more skits with anything muppets

Remember the skit with anything muppets where they made lemonade? One muppet had water, but all the other muppets walking by didn't want any. Another muppet (that fairly frequent girl muppet, I think, who also appeared in the "St. Ives" skit. Her voice sounded just like Frank Oz's Miss Piggy) offers lemons and again everyone walks by going, "Lemons? Eww I hate lemons." Then a third muppet has bags of sugar. And once again they all walk by going, "Ehhh sugar. Sugar? Eww." Then the three got the idea to combine all 3 and make lemonade. Finally all those muppets were pleased.
I was pretty puzzled as a child that they all thought water tasted bad (granted lemonade has more flavor, but water isn't exactly something you would think people would go "Ewww!" over) and REALLY perplexed that they thought sugar was yucky. Again, granted sugar by itself is not as appealing as sugar in things, like cookies and soda. But it still tastes good. Fun to analyze these skits like this!
And then there was another anything muppet skit I recall that had a boy muppet and a girl muppet (that same green girl) both trying to read from a book. The boy tries first but says he can only recognize some of the words, while others are harder. The girl says, "Well I know how to read, so let me have the book." But she too, only knows some of them. But they are the opposite ones that he knew. So they get the idea to read by alternating words. He reads the first word, then she reads the next, and so on. I remember the first sentence they read was, "ONCE upon A time THERE lived A
cat." (boys words being in caps). The next line or two I couldn't make out the words easily because closing music of the skit was playing now. I guess since it was working out so well, we're supposed to assume that they went through the whole storybook without ever coming to words that they both didn't know. Kind of seems like that would violate the law of probability, eh?
Ha Ha. :smile: