"The Muppets" Teaser Poster

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now don't get me wrong I love Pepe in MFS. To me him and Rizzo really made the movie. However If Pepe is not in it due to Bill doing more with Rowlf and Dr.Theeth, then I will really be kind of torn. Now with that said I think Pepe could come out and say one line and kill, the same with Clifford. So really I just don't know how I would feel.

I think as die hard fans we want to see the core from The Muppet Show and the origanl 3 movies shine. Kermit Piggy and Gonzo are all a given, but the I think it would have to be the band, Scooter, and Rowlf. So if that puts Pepe and maybe even Rizzo not in the spotlight as much then I think some of the die hard fans would be fine with that.
Again with the Pepe?

Here's what I can tell so far... Jason is clearly a classic Muppet fan, and made the movie specifically out of disdain for the theme movies (some of which don't really exist, I guess it was an exaggerated joke). As far as the movie goes, we got a leaked script, but that was years ago, and the first draft.

Now, a LOT of what goes into Muppets isn't exactly written down on script (Piggy's Karate chop, an iconic part of the character, was ALL improvised). So, I'm guessing that if they didn't write more for Pepe, Bill gave them some good Pepe moments that weren't written. And that doesn't count any extra feedback from any of the Muppet Studios employees or management.

now, I can see Pepe in a role more diminished than the last bunch of projects that featured him, but in the same token, we're clearly going to see more classic characters in roles bigger than they had in years. Plus, there's so dang many Muppets, and I have a feeling most of them will get big cameos. We can never know until we're seeing the film.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Again with the Pepe?

Here's what I can tell so far... Jason is clearly a classic Muppet fan, and made the movie specifically out of disdain for the theme movies (some of which don't really exist, I guess it was an exaggerated joke). As far as the movie goes, we got a leaked script, but that was years ago, and the first draft.

Now, a LOT of what goes into Muppets isn't exactly written down on script (Piggy's Karate chop, an iconic part of the character, was ALL improvised). So, I'm guessing that if they didn't write more for Pepe, Bill gave them some good Pepe moments that weren't written. And that doesn't count any extra feedback from any of the Muppet Studios employees or management.

now, I can see Pepe in a role more diminished than the last bunch of projects that featured him, but in the same token, we're clearly going to see more classic characters in roles bigger than they had in years. Plus, there's so dang many Muppets, and I have a feeling most of them will get big cameos. We can never know until we're seeing the film.
Well Jason has said that they went out and really tried to find some of the most obscrue Muppets and bring them back to life, so ethier way were in for one heck of a show!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Pepe for the win!

I mean *ahem* I'm sure that Pepe will have some sort of role, even if he's not actively in the movie, he will certainly be involved in the making-of's, 'Pepe's studio' style stuff and in the promotion in some way.

I'm really interested to know, is Topo Sticky in this film!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Again with the Pepe?

Agreed! Anyone who thinks that Pepe won't be in the new "Muppets" movie has obviously not been following along. It seems that Segel has taken on a more expansive view of the Muppets since embarking on this project. He's embraced a little bit of technology for the wide shots and broadened his scope for character inclusions. Yes, Pepe and every conceivable Muppet Segel and the writers could think of is going to be in the film. The only question is the size of Pepe's role. I have a feeling that no matter what's written in the screenplay, the prawn will ad-lib so many gems that they'll end up putting some of them in. Bill's can upstage with the best of the Muppeteers! I think even the controversial Clifford may make an appearance.

Now that we know that Disney and Henson have been playing especially nice these days and considering that the future of Henson's movie properties appear to be riding on the success of Disney's "Muppets" movie - I wonder if somehow we might actually get some Fraggle and Sesame cameos. I didn't think that was possible before now. It's not like I'm some delusional fanboy, but I do see a very slight chance of that possibility. Even though Disney and Henson want to distinguish their brands, this could actually give them the opportunity to do just that. There are ways to write-into the script how they're family but contributors to different studios. Who knows? Just a wild thought. One thing's for certain - it sure would be nice! :coy: :big_grin: :insatiable:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Love that teaser poster. Good thing my aunt works at a movie theater, I'll be hitting her up for that (she also gave me a Tangled poster.) Actually I already told her that I want those Muppet posters, :smile:.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now that we know that Disney and Henson have been playing especially nice these days and considering that the future of Henson's movie properties appear to be riding on the success of Disney's "Muppets" movie - I wonder if somehow we might actually get some Fraggle and Sesame cameos. I didn't think that was possible before now. It's not like I'm some delusional fanboy, but I do see a very slight chance of that possibility. Even though Disney and Henson want to distinguish their brands, this could actually give them the opportunity to do just that. There are ways to write-into the script how they're family but contributors to different studios. Who knows? Just a wild thought. One thing's for certain - it sure would be nice! :coy: :big_grin: :insatiable:

The one thing I'm not holding my breath for is a cameo by any Non-Disney owned Muppet characters. Heck, I wouldn't expect Disney owned Bear in the Blue House (or anyone from there) to even poke their heads in. it would be great if Segal had the pull to do that, but the Kermit 10 second cameo in Elmo's World (of all places, right?) is as far as I could see the cross overs going. it would be great, but we shouldn't expect it.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The one thing I'm not holding my breath for is a cameo by any Non-Disney owned Muppet characters. Heck, I wouldn't expect Disney owned Bear in the Blue House (or anyone from there) to even poke their heads in. it would be great if Segal had the pull to do that, but the Kermit 10 second cameo in Elmo's World (of all places, right?) is as far as I could see the cross overs going. it would be great, but we shouldn't expect it.
I forgot about Bear.

Pertaining to the rest, I still see a possibility, but not a probability.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Agreed! Anyone who thinks that Pepe won't be in the new "Muppets" movie has obviously not been following along. It seems that Segel has taken on a more expansive view of the Muppets since embarking on this project. He's embraced a little bit of technology for the wide shots and broadened his scope for character inclusions. Yes, Pepe and every conceivable Muppet Segel and the writers could think of is going to be in the film. The only question is the size of Pepe's role. I have a feeling that no matter what's written in the screenplay, the prawn will ad-lib so many gems that they'll end up putting some of them in. Bill's can upstage with the best of the Muppeteers! I think even the controversial Clifford may make an appearance.
The only way Pepe isn't in the movie is if Disney completely dropped the ball and wasn't paying attention to the production and script at all--and we all know that isn't the case. Pepe has been in the fore-front right alongside Kermit since Disney took the reins... There's no way he's going to just disappear when their first major feature film comes up. Pepe will be there. In what capacity? Who knows. But he will be there. I'm not concerned about that. And Chase Beecher said on the Mindset that Clifford will be in the movie... and that was right after he spoke to Kevin Clash in person so I think there's a very good chance we'll see Clifford again. Which brings me to your next point...

I could honestly see that happening too, now. I don't know how plausible it is (like you said... possible but not probable), but I think if we were going to see a non-Disney-owned character it would be Elmo. We know Kevin was on set so it would make perfect sense. Oh, how I love these predictions! Gah! The trailer can NOT come soon enough!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I realize it'd be too expensive for actual cameos (most likely), but given the plot, it begs for ANY kind of Dinosaurs reference, even if it's something like this:

Bad Guy: YOU CAN'T STOP ME FROM DRILLING YOUR THEATER!

Muppets: Why not?

Bad Guy: BECAUSE WE SAY SO!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
This is just so exciting and I brought up the Pepe tyhing just to change the subject of the soaps.