New Muppets Christmas Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well...We have to reason to trust or distrust said source (or the source's souce) at this stage. Guess we gotta wait and see! A new Christmas special would be nice...but this idea sounds cheesy, to be fair. I'd prefer something with less conveluted plot-lines and more one-liners...like MFC I guess.

Bea:zany:{That said, I don't trust tomato sauce so...}regard

Super Scooter

Reaction score
"the Muppets need help rushing their mail to Santa at the North Pole."
The Muppets are still writing mail to Santa? What are they, four?

This would sound much better as a Sesame Street special. Unless it were done as a sort of parody of the old, cheesy Christmas specials, like KISS Saves Christmas and that.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
When I read the title of this I freaked out not know what to think I was a little excited and thought this was too good to be true. But after I read when it would be about I will be happy to know that this is just not happening. Would love for a new Christmas special, but not with a plot like like that.:stick_out_tongue:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
It's definitely in the planning stages. Dave Goelz mentioned it to me at Comic-Con. Whether or not it will actually get shot or what the plot is, I don't know.

:stick_out_tongue:

Beauregard

Reaction score
*bows* I thought as much...Thanks for the information Ernie II. Now I am definatly interested...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It's definitely in the planning stages. Dave Goelz mentioned it to me at Comic-Con. Whether or not it will actually get shot or what the plot is, I don't know.

:stick_out_tongue:
Hmmm. So it is a Muppet Show characters special? I'm thinking that Disney saw the success of Elmo's Christmas Countdown and decided to follow suit with the Muppets they own. Let's hope it's tongue-in-cheek. Let’s also hope (if it is a Muppet Show cast special) that it premiers on ABC primetime rather than the DC.

This is likely some revision of the Kermit's Christmas Capers. I'm thinking there'll be some sort of backstory with little mini stories in between. I know Disney is really interested having a happy Muppet Christmas special that they own in full. This could be something they air annually.

If for some reason Disney doesn't green light a new Muppet Show, I'd like to see them create holiday specials as done with the Peanuts characters. I'm thinking that's partly what this is.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I had a dream last night that I met Dave Goelz and asked him about this...He seemed quite excited by it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
This would sound much better as a Sesame Street special. Unless it were done as a sort of parody of the old, cheesy Christmas specials, like KISS Saves Christmas and that.
Yeah! The Muppets have to save Santy Claus from King Koopa or something like that.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Might I be allowed to express amusement that Santa Claus as a character is scorned?

Why, exactly, would Santa be less believable than, say, talking frogs, diva pigs, assorted furry monsters and, oh, a dog playing the piano?

I'm sure if we try HARD enough we can disbelieve everything magical and wonderful....but why would we want to?

Status
Not open for further replies.