1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

New Muppets Christmas Special

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by tide, Aug 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. tide

tide New Member

Hi, long time lurker on these forums but finally decided to post to see if anyone had any info on a new Muppets Christmas special in the works. Someone who works for a production company on another message board I frequent mentioned that they are currently doing location scouting for a Muppets special which they only described as "the Muppets need help rushing their mail to Santa at the North Pole." If this is already posted somewhere I apologize.
  2. RKUNKLER

RKUNKLER New Member

I always liked the fact that the Muppets in the other specials mostly stayed away from santa. It seems like something Sesame Street would do. I don't like the idea at all.
  3. ngreen522

ngreen522 New Member

What the Hey?:rolleyes: .... Well, I might as well start "praying" now. *crosses fingers, arms, & legs.* "Please don't be cheesy. Please don't be cheesy. Please don't be cheesy. Please don't be cheesy ....."
  4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I'll believe it when I hear more details. lets not forget about Kermit's Christmas Capers... it was considered, but it never happened.
  5. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

The Muppets have done Santa before (Doc in a suit anyone? The Great Santa Switch? Jim Henson?) but they'd have to be very very carefull...

Mind you, if they can get away with "The Boss" they can do Santa I'm sure :p
  6. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

I agree with DrTooth, I'll believe it when I see a press release or some kind of solid proof.

Personally I don't believe any Christmas special they make would match up to Muppet Family Christmas, but they can prove me wrong if they want :)
  7. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I need some P-R-O-O-F before I believe it.
  8. ngreen522

ngreen522 New Member

very true
  9. Drtooth

How could it and no way it could. All I can say. but it doesn't have to measure up. AS long as its better than Elmo's Christmas Countdown, we're golden. And as long as Disney doesn;t try to shoehorn their "stars" into this one. We need one that will appeal to everyone here...
  10. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Hmm... no offense, but I don't really trust the source. Great if this actually happens, but right now I'm incredibly skeptical.
  11. Beauregard

Well...We have to reason to trust or distrust said source (or the source's souce) at this stage. Guess we gotta wait and see! A new Christmas special would be nice...but this idea sounds cheesy, to be fair. I'd prefer something with less conveluted plot-lines and more one-liners...like MFC I guess.

Bea:zany:{That said, I don't trust tomato sauce so...}regard
  12. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

The Muppets are still writing mail to Santa? What are they, four?

This would sound much better as a Sesame Street special. Unless it were done as a sort of parody of the old, cheesy Christmas specials, like KISS Saves Christmas and that.
  13. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

When I read the title of this I freaked out not know what to think I was a little excited and thought this was too good to be true. But after I read when it would be about I will be happy to know that this is just not happening. Would love for a new Christmas special, but not with a plot like like that.:p
  14. Was Once Ernie

Was Once Ernie New Member

It's definitely in the planning stages. Dave Goelz mentioned it to me at Comic-Con. Whether or not it will actually get shot or what the plot is, I don't know.

:p
  15. Beauregard

*bows* I thought as much...Thanks for the information Ernie II. Now I am definatly interested...
  16. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Hmmm. So it is a Muppet Show characters special? I'm thinking that Disney saw the success of Elmo's Christmas Countdown and decided to follow suit with the Muppets they own. Let's hope it's tongue-in-cheek. Let’s also hope (if it is a Muppet Show cast special) that it premiers on ABC primetime rather than the DC.

This is likely some revision of the Kermit's Christmas Capers. I'm thinking there'll be some sort of backstory with little mini stories in between. I know Disney is really interested having a happy Muppet Christmas special that they own in full. This could be something they air annually.

If for some reason Disney doesn't green light a new Muppet Show, I'd like to see them create holiday specials as done with the Peanuts characters. I'm thinking that's partly what this is.
  17. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

yes sooo awsome to hear! Thanks WOE (Was Once Ernie) :):):excited:
  18. Beauregard

I had a dream last night that I met Dave Goelz and asked him about this...He seemed quite excited by it.
  19. Drtooth

Yeah! The Muppets have to save Santy Claus from King Koopa or something like that.
  20. Ruahnna

Ruahnna Well-Known Member

Might I be allowed to express amusement that Santa Claus as a character is scorned?

Why, exactly, would Santa be less believable than, say, talking frogs, diva pigs, assorted furry monsters and, oh, a dog playing the piano?

I'm sure if we try HARD enough we can disbelieve everything magical and wonderful....but why would we want to?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.