Anyone else think that D A is a bit stuck up?

Kiki

Reaction score
Dude... I know people who just take screen grabs of stuff and claim them as their own. I've seen people post full comic book pages. I mean, there ARE photo-manipulations for jokes (Putting King Harkinian, Robotnik, and Weegie's heads on stuff). I just want people to know everything is hand drawn. Sure, the occasional drawn from reference, sometimes copying a specific pose (when it comes to Robotnik), but I NEVER just cut his head out and put it on something. There was one I posted in my Scraps I used in a Poop, though.
Yeah, I don't mind if people use a picture for reference, I think that's good, esp. if your focusing on a certain celebrity and you want to look at their traits and the like. I just find it stupid when so-called "artists" fill their galleries up with pictures when it's obvious that it's not their work. One user I know fills their gallaries up with photos of Pink Floyd that anyone could find on google images, and she has hundreds of watchers. Then they just put a filter over a number of them (as in a filter used in Photoshop, such as "sketch"), cropped them slightly, and claimed that they drew the pictures.

Okay, something is SERIOUSLY NOT RIGHT here, get a load of this weirdo whom I just received a Llama Badge from...

http://carnetiger.deviantart.com/

So, he just joined this week, only has five deviations uploaded, and hasn't favorited anything... BUT, he has 26,000+ page views, 130+ points, 8,000+ Llama Badges and 180+ watchers? Who IS this guy, and why are so many people giving him such donations and watches? Matter of fact, who are ALL of these people?
What the heck? O__o He joined this week? Something is /not/ right there. he hasn't favourited anything, so therefore not as many people would check his profile, he has... 180+ watchers...? And I know about the whole Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beholder and all that jazz, but his (I'm guessing) gallery consists of 5 deviations, which are edited variations of an average and hardly imaginative photo which /anyone/ could do. And I don't know about the others, but one got /28/ favourites. -_- Something's up there.

Drtooth

Reaction score
What the heck? O__o He joined this week? Something is /not/ right there. he hasn't favourited anything, so therefore not as many people would check his profile, he has... 180+ watchers...? And I know about the whole Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beholder and all that jazz, but his (I'm guessing) gallery consists of 5 deviations, which are edited variations of an average and hardly imaginative photo which /anyone/ could do. And I don't know about the others, but one got /28/ favourites. -_- Something's up there.
Uh... Some internet gag we're not hep to yet? Seems like it's a big joke... otherwise I'd be completely embittered by the fact I killed myself on 250+ piece and only have 6000+ views when this guy took something that CLEARLY came with Windows and put it through bad filters. Internet gag... I'm just writing it off as that.

"Snoopingas usual" and "Mah Boi!" are still funnier.

That said... about those Llama guys... I gotta start sending some of that crap out...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Squee, I got three new watchers in the past few hours today.

I don't believe I'm saying this, but one thing I wouldn't mind more of right now is Llama Badges... I've seen other people on dA have anywhere between 50 to 100 badges, and do less than I do, and I don't do that much on dA these days.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know... I never get around to giving anyone those Llama things. Maybe I should start. I think I just might hit you first, man... That is... if I don't totally forget.

People are REALLY flocking to my page ever since I drew that simple Phineas and Ferb thing... which is great, but I'd rather people look at the stuff I spent hours on. And the weird thing is, all these groups are coming up to me and asking to put certain pieces into their galleries. Which is great, but they never really get my best ones of those characters.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I watched you :big_grin:.
The fact of the matter is no one really cares as much as the artist how long you took to draw/or color lineart, all they care about is the end character. For what it is worth, even if you draw a well known character but you put some deep thought and reasoning behind the theme of the picture it seems to get just as few favs :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
A while back, I kept forgetting to submit my Muppet art to the JimHensonConnection group, and would be contacted by the group's owner to submit it, because someone else had already submitted them to the group favorites rather than the group gallery (safe to assume it was you, Drtooth?)

Personally, I wasn't fond of Phineas and Ferb, but I liked what you did making it look like an old-school cartoon opening title. I really love your new Inspector Gadget outta control pic, it was awesome!

And, as I've been saying all this time: I've uploaded four new pics in the past couple of days... three of which have so far less than 10 or views in total... the other has nearly 40 far... and iagain, it's Chipmunk-related. What did I get myself into? :rolleyes:

BTW Drtooth, be prepared, I've got some gift art planned for you later this week.

Drtooth

Reaction score
A while back, I kept forgetting to submit my Muppet art to the JimHensonConnection group, and would be contacted by the group's owner to submit it, because someone else had already submitted them to the group favorites rather than the group gallery (safe to assume it was you, Drtooth?)
You got it. I gotta see if I can pull strings and get you a membership. Your muppet stuff is good. They are pretty loose though, seen some pretty lame stuff that got accepted.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You got it. I gotta see if I can pull strings and get you a membership.
I'm already a member of the group (and a classic SST group that I guess was closed, because it's no longer in existence), like I said again, I wasn't quite used to being in groups and kept forgetting to go ahead and submitting my art, but I've been doing better about that like today, I submitted my M*A*S*H art to an appropriate group I joined, I submitted that new Chipmunk piece to a group I belong to, and I browsed around and submitted some more recent art to groups that I don't even belong to (like my recent Happy Red Guy pic to a Cartoon Cartoon group, and an I Love Lucy pic to a Lucille Ball group).

But thanks just the same.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I have actually thought about joining for a while now. I could at least get my stuff out there. No one on facebook really cares :stick_out_tongue:

But I'm also not a good artist. I draw cartoons of dragons. Usually on lined paper. And I never color them in XD so they are kinda ugly. If I stray from dragons, they tend to look more cute and babyfied. (Like this really demented rabbit I draw, usually wearing a hawiian shirt lol) So I really dont know if this is a good place to upload them or not :/

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Aw, you might as well join up Sarge, after all, I eventually joined after friends of mine kept twisting my arm, holding guns up to my head, knives up to my throats, tazers up to my back... I don't know where they all got those third and fourth hands from all of the sudden... :confused:

Besides... in all honesty, I've seen some very poor stuff on dA before... I'm sure your stuff is far better than a lot of what I've seen over the years.