Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

Puckrox

Reaction score
not to be rude but if you read peoples posts we are saying our Favorites..no need to come out and ask...its just filling this thread with a ton of random little sentences not dealing with the movie
I agree. I know I've already listed all my favorite parts, as have a ton of other people. No need to repeat an already much discussed topic.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Went and saw it this afternoon, following the obligatory Turkey Day get-together with the fam.

And I loved it, Loved it, LOVED IT.

My favorite parts would have to be seeing the reappearance of characters like Bobby Benson, Marvin Suggs and Wayne and Wanda. And Wayne and Wanda being caught kissing each other when the lights in the theater came back on after Mary and Gary restored the electricity.

-Kim

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I saw it tonight. It was amazing. This is my best Thanksgiving ever! The movie definately measures up to the original trilogy and The Muppet Show.

The reports kept saying it has every Muppet we can think of, but I only noticed a handful of characters I hadn't seen in the trailers (a couple of babies and the Muppaphones). I expected the big scene with hundreds of characters (actually I think I counted less than 100 of them in the stills provided) to have more characters who were out of frame in the parts we saw in previews, but didn't see any additional characters. Not counting deleted scenes, I'll be surprised if there are any unspotted characters you'd have to pause the movie for (I saw that there's a link where the director talks about deleted scenes but haven't looked at that yet).

Somebody said it'd be a bad idea to bring a 3-year-old baby to the theater. Me and my family who went included a 1-year-old baby, who was pretty good during the film. I heard her cry a few times, especially when the Moopets reveal that they'll buy the Muppets name when the contract allows, but otherwise not much crying.

I plan on writing a review for Muppet Central so I'll post more thoughts later.

Lil0Vampy

Reaction score
I. loved. this. movie. I loved it enough for it to influence me to come back onto MC for the first time in months. I loved everything.

Well, almost everything. Tex Richman's plot seemed so...rushed. Not having read the novelization, I had no idea his backstory and was a bit confused. The ending seemed a bit awkward as well, although I have to admit the 'Life's a Happy Song' reprise was actually one of my favorite parts.

But honestly, there is so much I adored about the movie. Obscure characters galore, from Wanye & Wanda and Beauregard having some hilarious jokes to Thog and the Mutations being so amazingly fuzzy to Lips and Trumpet Girl being back in the orchestra pit.

This movie was fantastic. Perfect, no, but imperfection is beauty in this fan's opinion. :super:

Puckrox

Reaction score
Somebody said it'd be a bad idea to bring a 3-year-old baby to the theater. Me and my family who went included a 1-year-old baby, who was pretty good during the film. I heard her cry a few times, especially when the Moopets reveal that they'll buy the Muppets name when the contract allows, but otherwise not much crying.
I was that person. It's funny because I went with a three year old and a five week old baby. The three year old? Would not stop talking. The five week old baby? Barely made a peep.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I didn't mention last night because I was still somewhat in just total awe of everything, but everyone in my theatre stayed till the very last credit was gone and applauded. I'm not kidding. And someone even said "I wish it wasn't over yet! I want more!"

I thought that was pretty awesome.