Your Thoughts: The Muppets Green Album

What is your favorite song from The Green Album?

• The Muppet Show Theme - OK Go

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Rainbow Connection - Weezer

Votes: 15 18.1%
  • Mahna Mahna - The Fray

• Movin' Right Along - Alkaline Trio

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • Our World - My Morning Jacket

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Halfway Down The Stairs - Amy Lee

• Mr. Bassman - Sondre Lerche

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Wishing Song - The Airborne Toxic Event

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Night Life - Brandon Saller

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • Bein' Green - Andrew Bird

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • I Hope That Something Better Comes Along - Matt Nathanson

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • I'm Going to Go Back There Someday - Rachael Yamagata

Votes: 8 9.6%

• Total voters

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Of all the songs, my favorite has to be Movin' Right Along - Alkaline Trio (even though I don't know who they are :smile:). It's the only one, I feel, that really keeps to the spirit of the songs. I didn't like Wishing Song - The Airborne Toxic Even, even though I got really excited when I saw it listed as a track. Overall it's OK, but I wish it had been handled a little better. I *really* hope they release a sequel, because they left out a lot of good songs.
OMG! The Wishing Song my favorite listing on the album. It's also my favorite moment on the Muppet Show featuring my favorite character. That particular track inspired me to download one of Airborne Toxic Event's albums. Love them. I thought they handled it all perfectly. To each their own taste I guess. :concern: That's the great thing about this album. Lots to choose from. :flirt:

I've found myself listening to this album a lot more than expected.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
OMG! The Wishing Song my favorite listing on the album. It's also my favorite moment on the Muppet Show featuring my favorite character. That particular track inspired me to download one of Airborne Toxic Event's albums. Love them. I thought they handled it all perfectly. To each their own taste I guess. :concern: That's the great thing about this album. Lots to choose from. :flirt:

I've found myself listening to this album a lot more than expected.
I'm sorry ^^; It's not BAD song, just not what I would have done. It's slowly growing on me, though.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I'm sorry ^^; It's not BAD song, just not what I would have done. It's slowly growing on me, though.
It isn't growing on me, but I agree with you. It's not a bad song.

I knew buying an album full of bands I've never heard of was going to be a matter of hits-n-misses. To be honest, I just bought it for the fifty Disney Movie Rewards points I needed to get a Home On The Range DVD (don't judge me), but I wound up glad I did.

The only songs I'm not particularly fond of are the aforementioned Wishing Song and Halfway Down The Stairs (and my brother expressed his dissatisfaction with Bein' Green's length by pretending to fall asleep). But other than that, I love it. :electric:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The only two tracks i hardly listen to are Mr Baseman and Mahna Mahna. I appreciate that some songs stayed traditional while others took a risk and I still feel the Muppety spirit in all of them. :sing:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I knew buying an album full of bands I've never heard of was going to be a matter of hits-n-misses. To be honest, I just bought it for the fifty Disney Movie Rewards points I needed to get a Home On The Range DVD (don't judge me), but I wound up glad I did.
I will... mainly because that thing was like an acid trip. I still can't decide if I enjoyed it or not. I think it ate my brain.

Yeah, I still don't know if I want to get this thing or not. Some of it sounds pretty fun, but I think the video version of the OK Go Muppet Show theme Cover just does too much visually to have the same impact audibly. Plus, come on... sweetest part of the music video was Dr. Teeth waking up in cold sweats, only to find out the band was in his bed all along.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I will... mainly because that thing was like an acid trip. I still can't decide if I enjoyed it or not. I think it ate my brain.
Eh, I liked it. :smirk:

I saw it on The Hub stretched to fill an hour-and-fifty-minute time slot (original run time 76 min.). I just wanted to get the DVD so I can watch it without a commercial break every five minutes. :grouchy:

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i think i have to agree Mahna Mahna takes some getting used to
i think the fray was just a random band to cover that one they usually arnt so upbeat and jumpy in the songs ive heard by them, i feel like they shouldve coverd the wishing song

my other mini gripe is Hope that something better comes along mostly because its one guy singing as oppose to the 2 it normally is

personally i like all but one world but i was never a big emmet otter fan, i enjoy it but its not on my ipod

piggyinmanhatte

Reaction score
1. Theme - holy crap acid trip. That's what it sounds like to me...
2. Rainbow Connection - FTW. Love Hayley and River's voices, sound fab together.
3. Mahna Mahna - sounds just like the original, except I keep thinking the guy (since I know what The Fray normally sounds like) is going to hurt his throat.
4. Movin' - excellent and fun.
5. Our World - Pretty, but what the heck is this song from? I don't recognize it...
6. Halfway - emo! Makes this song infinitely more depressing than originally. Whoops. Maybe Gwen Stefani would've been a better pic?
7. Bassman - catchy. Still prefer the original.
8. Wishing - huh? Where is this one from?!?! It's just ok...
9. Night Life - am starting to feel dumb, as I don't know this one either. Also, the singer sounds familiar.
10. Bein' - nice, though I could ideally see someone like Jack Johnson or Dave Matthews doing this one.
11. Somethin' Better - Little slow, but I really dig Matt Nathanson, so I guess it gets a pass, lol.
12. Back There - WOW, beautiful voice. Hope she goes far. Someone earlier mentioned Florence and the Machines, and I think she sounds like the lead singer.

I'm surprised with all the weird, that they didn't get Lady Gaga or something...