Your Thoughts: The Muppets Green Album

What is your favorite song from The Green Album?

• The Muppet Show Theme - OK Go

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Rainbow Connection - Weezer

Votes: 15 18.1%
  • Mahna Mahna - The Fray

• Movin' Right Along - Alkaline Trio

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • Our World - My Morning Jacket

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Halfway Down The Stairs - Amy Lee

• Mr. Bassman - Sondre Lerche

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Wishing Song - The Airborne Toxic Event

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Night Life - Brandon Saller

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • Bein' Green - Andrew Bird

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • I Hope That Something Better Comes Along - Matt Nathanson

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • I'm Going to Go Back There Someday - Rachael Yamagata

Votes: 8 9.6%

• Total voters

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I still find myself listening to this album a lot. My favorites are still OK Go's "Muppet Theme", Airborne Toxic Event's "Wishing Song" and Weezer's "Rainbow Connection" has really grown on me. The original Muppet versions are still out there for people who want to hear them, but this is a tribute album, so one has to accept the premise to enjoy it.

I really hope Disney becomes wise to the idea that fans want more Muppet music. I think it's about time to compile an Electric Mayhem album where they perform songs with rock musicians and maybe they can throw on a few classic bonus tracks for the über-geeks like us! I think Bill's Dr. Teeth is developed enough to carry an album. While I'd prefer Jerry's classic Floyd, Vogel has nicely grown into the role. Rudman's Janice is getting there and a studio setting provides the perfect opportunity to get things just right. She'll be amazing like his Scooter in no time. So, yeah. A Mayhem album and maybe Kermit, Fozzie, Rowlf and the gang can stop by for a track or two. I think it's a great idea! :cool::flirt::sing::halo::big_grin:

Zeliboba

Reaction score
For some reason I liked 'Halfway Down the Stairs' most. I've never been a fan of Evanescence, but here Amy Lee came up with something really creative IMO. Of course I still love the classic version more, but Amy sort of managed to do something different here, and that is what counts for me when I listen to covers. The other songs on the CD were okay, but didn't really stand out.

Vincent L

Reaction score
I don't really like the album that much. Much prefer the original versions.

Monstermaster

Reaction score
I like the Rainbow Connection on this version but I have both this one and the original song on a list of songs i listen to when I want to relax at night.

I like both of them really but the original version as sung by Kermit is such a soothing song.