Your Thoughts: The Muppets Character Encyclopedia

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Can someone just type up the books charcters and various things in the book

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Just saw that. And there are some surprises there. I'll try not to spoil much information that I found there.

Surprised to see a Sam and Friends section. Does this mean that Disney does own the Sam and Friends characters? Is there a copyright acknowledgement that they belong to Henson (Before You Leap didn't have a copyright acknowledgement for Big Bird, who was pictured in that book)?

After hearing that most Jim Henson Hour characters wouldn't be in this book, I am surprised by the ones who are included, especially since I wouldn't have been surprised if they didn't appear. Particularly Jacques Roach, since he was recycled and renamed Yves St. La Roache for The Animal Show. Would have thought Henson would own him since he was a more major character on that show. Unless the recycling doesn't matter and both companies can use those identical characters (but they're basically the same character, only with a different name and performer... They even made the roach character French and a cook in both productions).

Disappointed that the Muppets Tonight band is referred to as "Jowls and the Muppets Tonight Band". So it only refers to the one member whose name was mentioned on-screen, and we still don't know the actual name of the band? Jim Lewis had said that the band had an actual name but couldn't remember it.

And turns out we guessed wrong. Statler and Waldorf both get their own pages.

When I saw the Camilla page online, I wondered where that picture of her and Gonzo was from, as I didn't recall seeing it before. It didn't occur to me that it might be from Muppets Most Wanted.

galagr

Reaction score
Like the rest of you, I was surprised many times by the characters in this book. Gorgon Heap, Splurge, the two Nigel's, Miss Mousey, Brewster, Paul Revere, the Clodhoppers, the Bossmen, were all very unexpected surprises for me.

However, what really won me over was the Sam and Friends inclusion. Seeing their name on the list made my jaw drop. I wasn't even aware Disney owned them. The very characters that Jim started with are with the Muppets again. That's so exciting!

I like the fact that Timmy Monster is in the book. Hopefully they explained his absence in the arches in TM!

I count 101 individual character pages. Honestly, when I heard this book was first announced, I didn't expect more than 50. Overall, this book is a great surprise, chock full of obscure and old characters, hopefully many more funny jokes and back-stories, and I can't wait to get my hands on it!

muppetlover123

Reaction score
They did a nice job of character picking! Except i would have loved to see Droop.

I love the inclusion of muppet cars! And they put jean Napoleon's car in it

ploobis

Reaction score
How small is the book? is it about the same size as Pepe's "Hard Out Here For A Shrimp" book?

I just ordered by copy from B&N and I can't wait for it to arrive!!! :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I was surprised to see that Splurge is in this. Also surprised to see the book has Rufus but not Muppy.