Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

Amy

Reaction score
Welp, if PegLeg Wilson 2 is now out, time for the variant cover!

Simpler design than some of my other covers, but the deadline was tight and I think Roger has the lock on 'chaotic cover art' for the time being :wink:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Welp, if PegLeg Wilson 2 is now out, time for the variant cover!

Simpler design than some of my other covers, but the deadline was tight and I think Roger has the lock on 'chaotic cover art' for the time being :wink:
Awesome! I'm such a HUGE fan of how you draw all of these characters. Kermit is my favorite, I think it's his neck. Scooter and Piggy's facial expressions are great. My favorite part of your covers, though, are your Gonzos. Every cover you've had Gonzon doing something different in the "O" and it just cracks me up every time. Excellent, as always, Amy! Can't wait for Pan! :big_grin:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Finally picked up Robin Hood 3 along with Peg Leg 3 and the trade paperback! I'm pleased. I still think Robin Hood pales in comparison to the great work of Langridge. The average Muppet-related Deviant Art page has more sparkle and zing. The thing is, one more Hood down and we get to Pan! Take me to Neverland already (the comic, not the creepy MJ compound)! :wink:

I've just had time to thumb through Peg Leg, but it looks fantastic. The trade paperback also has a bit of the preview comic. Some good stuff (and the old problematic Gonzo) that marks the progress made in the first issue!

Now back to work. :busy:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So erm... Prawny, Jamie, could you please tell me about Creepy McBoo from Peg Leg 2? Thanks. :scary:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Take me to Neverland already (the comic, not the creepy MJ compound)!

Too soon. :sing:

So... any thoughts on the odd Eel-looking Clifford? I been waiting to hear your thoughts on that one.

So erm... Prawny, Jamie, could you please tell me about Creepy McBoo from Peg Leg 2? Thanks.
I would do it... if I got the comic yesterday. But if I get it today, and no one else does it, I'll be glad to help.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
So... any thoughts on the odd Eel-looking Clifford? I been waiting to hear your thoughts on that one.
I think he looks slimy and gross. Like a snake/eel with dreadlocks. I was greatly disturbed and annoyed by it.

The Count said:
So erm... Prawny, Jamie, could you please tell me about Creepy McBoo from Peg Leg 2? Thanks.
Still waiting on my Peg Leg 2 too, Ed. Whenever I get it I'll be glad to help out though.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. You know, some day the comics industry should seriously invest in turning their wares into audio versions. :Sigh*

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think he looks slimy and gross. Like a snake/eel with dreadlocks. I was greatly disturbed and annoyed by it.
I liked how he drew him for that one panel where there was a close up... other times.... really... he should have drew Sunglasses on him.

Thanks guys. You know, some day the comics industry should seriously invest in turning their wares into audio versions. :Sigh*
hey... I'd come over to your house an' personally read them to you if I could! :big_grin:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Does anybody else feel that most of the original characters in these comics don't look too muppety? I especially feel like Langridge's humanoid characters don't look Muppety enough. He keeps making them flesh-colored. He should make his human muppets a variety of different colors. I could see it as being his way of letting us know a certain character is not meant to be a Muppet, like the Zimmer twins or Osbert J. Smedley, but I would expect the contestants in Muppet Sports to be Muppets, and not humans. In my opinion his Beaker doesn't really look that muppety, either. I have seen people on the tough pigs message board (and in the comic reviews) "cast" certain performers as certain original characters, but I feel they shouldn't, as I think thye look too "human" and therefore in my mind they'd be played by human actors, not muppet performers.

But it's not just "humans" who don't look Muppety. I feel like the frogs from the first issue look too much like characterized real frogs than Muppet frogs (it's a shame he didn't model those on the actual Muppet frogs). I also feel like masked characters such as The Masked Phantom and Ninja Rogers don't seem to look too muppety. Maybe my perspective would change if I actually saw them in puppet form.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyone else almost die from the Machu Pichu skit? That was totally hilarious.