Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 38

ISNorden

Reaction score
After two well-written storylines, the one used for today's episode disappointed me badly; the basic "Elmo gets obsessed with a book and manipulates another friend into reading it" plot has been used hundreds of times. And two versions of the same "In My Book" song on two consecutive days? Despite Bert and Ernie's being involved the second time, that was another letdown; I bet even a kindergarten kid who follows the show would notice and feel bored. Finally, the "school" theme tacked on to the last few minutes seemed like an afterthought; I was glad to see the episode end.

The ending itself, at least, was a highlight: there hasn't been an ending without the "bedtime story" framework since the Season 36 finale. Capturing a letter and a number from actual clips on the show was pretty clever, too: if Abby had to remember them, she'd obviously think back to some clip on the show.

Overall, I'd give #4138 a 2 on a scale of 1-10. Not every episode can be as memorable or "old-style" as the first three, but I hope that the rest of the season won't turn out so badly.

Drtooth

Reaction score
All I can say about the opening segment is what Statler and Waldorf said in MCC...

It was pointless
It was terrible

It was....short

I LOVED IT.

just kidding. It was very dull except for the I love Lucy reference at the end. I will say today at least had muppets in more than 3 segments. The last few episodes were glutted on dull boring filmed segments about kids and old out dated songs from the 90's (Cecile not included, since Claymation is wonderful).

I forgot to say that new hip hop "can you find the number I'm Looking for" bit is just ANNOYING and terrible. No reason for it to even exist. It's not that educational and pointless and just a pain to watch. Is that the ONLY new stuff they have for letter/number segments.... cuz between that and horrible stuff from the 90's, they really aren't trying with that stuff.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
So Abby did show up. I didn't see that part, but I guess I didn't miss too much. As for Dave performing Howie, I guess it's possible. I know he doesn't do much work on "Sesame Street" these days, but there are always rare occassions when it happens. I guess only the people at "Sesame Workshop" know for sure. I've checked the TV listings. We do have a few Big Bird-themed episodes coming up, so that's something to look forward to.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I really think that todays show was pointless in some regareds and had at least two good things in it. A Ernie and Bert skit i think it was new and Cookie Monster eating what he does best. I think the Meal or no Meal was way way to long.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Oh my gosh! Meal or No Meal was HILLARIOUS! The host was EXACTLY like Howie Mandell, I loooooved it! And Cookie was FANTASTIC! Oh it was great. Pretty much all I liked about this episode though...:smirk:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I really think that todays show was pointless in some regareds and had at least two good things in it. A Ernie and Bert skit i think it was new and Cookie Monster eating what he does best. I think the Meal or no Meal was way way to long.
Just out of curiosity.

Why does it matter if a segments long or not?

anyway I should of mentioned this yesterday the film piece, can't remember what it was called where it was saying get up and do something instead of sitting around all the time was great.

I just thought for the momment I should of done the same thing instead of staying home.

Guess you can learn from SS even when you're older.

RyGuy

Reaction score
I am enjoying the 38th season of Sesame . I have suggestion for some Season 39 guest stars and what they could do with the muppets:

Fitness exepert Lisa Wheeler : Elmo could be waiting for Gordon to work out with him and Lisa could walk by and ask Elmo what he was doing. Elmo could explain that he's waiting for Gordon to work out with him. Lisa could say "Why don't you work out with me I'm Lisa I teach people how to exercise"Then Lisa could ask what he and Gordon normally did together "Elmo could say" Jogging, Ms. Lisa " then she could say "Okay, first we need to strech, that's to keep our legs fron hurting when the legs hurt you can't move them as well so let's reach and touch our toes "Then Elo and Lisa could jog at the end of the skit

The Nutrtion Twins : The scence could be at Hooper's could persuade Baby bear to try foods other than porridge and other foods are just as tasty

Lawrence Welk stars Guy and Ralna they could sing "Picture a world" under a blue sky and they could comment about the trees and Ralna could say "I feel like singing about this, Guy."

Drtooth

Reaction score
I dunno... I think it worked well for that length. Especially since the real show is boring and pointlessly long.

He keeps saying he's going to bring back Bobby's World? Somehow I just don't buy it. That's what he did best.

SSLFan

Reaction score
I haven't posted in awhile, but my favorite episode so far has to be 4137. Why? NO ELMO'S WORLD! HAHAHAHA!