Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 38

fleecenotfelt

Reaction score
here's a random question, that i'm sure was already addressed, but i'll bring it up anyway:

what do you think of the latest reincarnation of the sesame street theme? do you like the new hip hop-ish sound and the collage-style animation?

i have to admit, the "jangle jangle" original version is my favorite, but i certainly prefer this new theme to the weird jazz theme w/ all the synth.

ISNorden

Reaction score
The new theme-song arrangement is more listenable than some versions they've used (*cough*calypso arrangement*cough*), even though it'll never hold a candle to the one old-schoolers grew up with. The collage arrangement is clever, given the literacy theme; it reminds me of those pop-up books for kids. Still, those transitions get in the way of enjoying clips on their own sometimes...I'd give the "look and feel" of Season 38 a 7, maybe 7.5 on a 1-10 scale.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I enjoy the new theme, too, though it will obviously never stand up to the original. It definitely grew on me.

I also tolerate the calypso arrangement, since I grew up watching SS in the '90s.