Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 37

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah... the most quoted James bond bit.... and the "Bond, James Bond" bit everyone does. It's funny, a bit overused, though.

>>Hysteria!'s Boston Tea Party/Cheese Shop sketch was amusing and it did remind me of the Python referencial basis.<<

I also forgot to mention the refference to the Witch scene from Holy Grail (in which the peasants claim responsibility for dressing up the accused as a witch.. "we did help with the nose..") in a Salem Witch trials recreation.

I kinda think one thing that buggs me is that they keep switching from Mon/Wed/Fri- Tues/Wed/Thurs with the new episodes. It gets confusing.

BTW... unless you count the appearance of Ernie and Bert in the "Dance the blues away" sgment (the only filmed kids segment to ever feature a Muppet, at least to my knowledge..with the Count and Elmo) there was no Ernie skit today.

BEAR

Reaction score
ISNorden said:
Is it just me, or does anybody else miss the occasional episode endings without Trash Gordon in them? Bert opening birthday packages with the sponsors, Telly (if I remember rightly) hatching them from eggs, Big Bird explaining them while pretending to be a spaceship...I appreciated that kind of variety in the older seasons. This time, the endings have been wall-to-wall Trash (no pun intended); I suspect that most Season 37 episodes reuse the same letter/number combinations as an excuse to repeat the same Trash Gordon chapters. :-( When I see a new ending this time, I'm writing a thank-you letter to Sesame Workshop.

I'm with ya. I'm not a big fan of the Trash Gordon segment either. Atleast, I don't like it at the end as a way to review the Number and Letter of the Day. It bores me, personally.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I guess some of them are boring but some of them make me laugh and I find some of them kind of amusing.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Okay. I think I'm getting caught up, because according to what I read on the web, my station would have played the 'hair' episode yesterday. I'll probably see the "What Comes Next Pattern" game episode today. It's a shame I missed the Grover/Fat Blue scene though.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Hair-y ep today

Today's ep of SS was very interesting, kind of good to see SS let it's hair down so to speak. Personally, I preferred Elmo's Cousin Itt hairstyle to Zoe's Rapunzel hairstyle though. Both of them though reminded me of the old sketch involving Little Jerry of Little Jerry and the Monotones in the barbershop, You know the one where Jerry has very long hair and tells the barber that he has not seen his body since he was 2 or 3, by the time the barber removes all of the extra hair Jerry's body has been revealed but his friends have been concealed in the big pile of hair on the floor.
I loved seeing the Grouches do "Scramalot" I haven't had the pleasure of seeing Monty Python's Spamalot Broadway show, however I have seen the original Spam sketch on Monty Python. I liked it, my wife is not a fan of British Comedy though, so it would be useless to spend all that money on a ticket for one person to see the show.
Great episode, but now I have to go wash my hair.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Bit of an update...

Episode 4128: Zoe's Hairy Day was sponsored by R and 8.
Episode 4129 was sponsored by E and 18.
There's a classic/vintage moment in Episode 4129 but I can't remember what it was.

Other than that, don't bother with 4129, this was a bleh episode... All about simplistic patterns.
The Patterns/Guess What's Next game show.
A song about a horseshoe and cowboy boot pattern sung by Jerry.
The patterns with birds and shapes in Come On and Play.
Ernie's Show and Tell instead of a Bert and Ernie segment.
Elmo's World: Weather with The Tornado.
Even Trash Gordon was a repeat of one from this season, with The Stinky Sock.

Only new spots were the Count counting how many times a girl jumped rope to get up to 18...
A segment with Cookie Monster and a celebrity guest star named Amy talking about how apples were her favorite snack.
A new version of the song "Your Face" with Rosita and some other person I didn't recognize.

Like I said... Not a hugely important episode.
Thank goodness we have Gina's Adoption episodes next up. Bad thing is they probably won't air until October or November.

ISNorden

Reaction score
SesameStreetFan said:
You know, since today's episodes theme was hair. I thought it would have been cool if they aired that clip from 1969 where Kermit talks about Hair. Another good one they could have used today would have been the one when Ernie cuts all Berts hair off also from 1969. I think they worry too much about things being outdated. It's hard to know how their minds work at the Workshop.
Actually, Sesame Workshop would have to pay Disney (which has the legal rights to some Muppets, including you-know-who) for the right to use any clips with Kermit as a main character. That rule applies equally to old and new clips, although crowd scenes/walk-on parts are an exception (huh?).

ISNorden

Reaction score
The Count said:
Bit of an update...

Episode 4128: Zoe's Hairy Day was sponsored by R and 8.
Episode 4129 was sponsored by E and 18.
There's a classic/vintage moment in Episode 4129 but I can't remember what it was.

Other than that, don't bother with 4129, this was a bleh episode... All about simplistic patterns.
The Patterns/Guess What's Next game show.
A song about a horseshoe and cowboy boot pattern sung by Jerry.
The patterns with birds and shapes in Come On and Play.
Ernie's Show and Tell instead of a Bert and Ernie segment.
Elmo's World: Weather with The Tornado.
Even Trash Gordon was a repeat of one from this season, with The Stinky Sock.

Only new spots were the Count counting how many times a girl jumped rope to get up to 18...
A segment with Cookie Monster and a celebrity guest star named Amy talking about how apples were her favorite snack.
A new version of the song "Your Face" with Rosita and some other person I didn't recognize.

Like I said... Not a hugely important episode.
Thank goodness we have Gina's Adoption episodes next up. Bad thing is they probably won't air until October or November.
"Simplistic" is right; although Season 37 has shown a few well-made, funny episodes so far, the latest one is mostly forgettable. Only one new segment stands out (the Amy/Cookie Monster interview); I couldn't help laughing at Cookie's constant interruptions, not to mention the way Amy imitated him when she gobbled down the basket of apples. Otherwise, I give today's episode a 4 on a scale of 1-10. :grouchy:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Really? I thought that was only for new clips. After all, I've noticed Kermit is still on "Plaza Sesamo" quite often.