Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 36

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Hiya.I watched episode 4086 this morning.Very happy to see some changes,small but note-worthy made to the fomat.Was nice to see segments on health,exercise,sign-language & sharing;along with some old sketches Rosita with the Spanish words "No" and "Si" for example.I hope to see more positive changes like this in the new SS season.Made me smile to know that SS is slowly,by the looks of this one example show,getting back to basics again;at least with half of the show.:smile: :cool:

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
The classic sections that are in this episode include:

Song: The King of Eight
Song: Eight Balls of Fur (Chris and furballs)

beaker

Reaction score
I just got two questions:

1. Is Cookie Monster *really* eating healthy?

and...

2. Any new characters?

Xerus

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Jerry Nelson was voicing the Count in today's episode? It almost sounded like him.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
To answer a few questions...
1 Xerus, yes, it was Jerry Nelson indeed who voiced my main numbers man in Episode 4086.
2 Beaker, don't buy into the hype. Cookie's still doing anything for a cookie. Take Episode 4086 for example, he went so far as disguising himself as Big Bird's Granny Bird to get the cookies. And there was a bit of dialogue similar to Little Red Riding Hood when that happened. The only instance of Cookie rully eating healthier was the updated version of the song "Healthy Food" in Episode 4085.
3 Beaker asks "Any new Characters?" Any new characters, he says. Are there any new characters in Season 36. Course, just head on over to the Season 36 Character Questions thread I started for that very purpose to add the new guys from this season to the Muppet Listings.
But for a recap, here's what we've gotten so far.
4083: Casey, human kid.
4083: Victoria, human kid.
4083: The Adventures of Trash Gordon: The Itchies.
4084: The Banana in the Stone: The Medieval Townsfolk, Strong Bob, The Two Singers, The Young Bear, and the Young Bear's Baby Sister.
*Note: Strong Bob was Bob himself, the Two Singers were Gabi and Miles, and the Young Bear and his Baby Sister were Baby Bear and Curly Bear.
4085: Mr. Healthy Food.
4085: The Apple, Bread, Broccoli, and Cheese from Global Grover.
And still pending descripts for addition to the list, from 4086...
Elmo's World: The Farm Animals.
The Adventures of Trash Gordon: The Piles of Trash.
Hope this helps and have a good night everyone.

zanimum

Reaction score
On Sesame Workshop page about cast members, under Alan's bio, it says that Hooper's Store has been "recently redesigned to reflect a more authentic urban candy store."

Is this true that they're heading back to their roots on this element of the show? Especially odd considering the whole big deal about "Healthy Habits For Life".

:confused:

beaker

Reaction score
zanimum said:
On Sesame Workshop page about cast members, under Alan's bio, it says that Hooper's Store has been "recently redesigned to reflect a more authentic urban candy store."

Is this true that they're heading back to their roots on this element of the show? Especially odd considering the whole big deal about "Healthy Habits For Life".

:confused:

Urban candy store... does that mean they also sell gold fronts?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. Jerry said even when he announced his retirement that he would still perform the Count. Hopefully, he'll perform Mumford, Herry and other SS characters as well.

I missed the King of Eight? WHY DOESN'T SOMEBODY TELL ME THESE THINGS AHEAD OF TIME??!!

Lol. Just kidding.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Haven't seen it, but they're getting a TON of coverage about this season by taking away Cookie's cookies. I just think it's a dumb idea. Kids aren't stupid and don't have to be reminded that vegetables are good for you. I mean, get someone involved in the show and bring back Captain Vegetable for that! Now, he's no longer Cookie Monster--but, rather, big furry blue blob who eats alot.

According to the pic on the front of MC, looks like Hoots is back, and that's cool. Kevin needs someone to perform other than just Elmo all the time.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... That was one of my overall impressions from SS35. They brought back some older characters to remind people that Elmo isn't the only character Kevin performs/performed. Hence, we got Hoots the Owl, his Hoots' voiced intro to that Matlenka cartoon, Benny Rabbit, and even a letter W in the bit with Larry King.
As for Cookie Monster having his cookies taken away... I'd say that's just empty promotion and wrong promotion at this point. After five episodes of SS36, the bits with Cookie Monster have been...
2 new Letter of the Day segments, as a game show, where Cookie's prize is a big bunch of cookies.
His role in 4086, as the Cookie Detector and where he disguises himself as Granny Bird.
And so far, only 1 healthier eating segment, the revamped version of the song "Healthy Food".
So I'd say don't believe 'em when they say that they're taking away Cookie Monster's cookies and changing his persona respecting that.