Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 36

Frogster

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
Cookie Moster becomes Pilaite's monster
Wasn't that the same comment mentioned on SNL last night?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
My thoughts on Episode 4088: Snuffy Cloud in the Sky.

Highlights: Where to begin?
1 The most telling thing is that Richard Kine was in the intro segment with Snuffy, telling how to cover your mouth and nose or snuffle so as not to spread germs. That would then set-up his appearance in this episode, or at least warn us that this would be the episode with his appearance.
2 This was another one of the fairy wish-granting episodes.
3 Was good to see all the characters used in the storyline: Snuffy, Oscar, Slimey, The Count, and Big Bird and the kids.
4 Seems they're promoting multiplication mathematics in that they got the 40 balloons needed for Snuffy to float into the sky by counting them by 5's.
5 There were a few classical comedy barbs during the dialogue...
Snuffy: Call me a dreamer Bird.
Big Bird: You're a dreamer.
Not sure if every one caught that cause Big Bird said it a bit lower than usual.

Another one was...
Big Bird: How's the weather up there?
The Count, refering to Snuffy: He's the weather up there.
6 The biggest surprise of all... a surprise and a half... came when the Fairy Balloon Person had to leave. He got a call for another wish on his cell phone, and here's what he said.
Fairy Balloon Person: I'm getting another wish. Someone on Mr. Roger's Neighborhood wants a balloon.
And with that he left. Yes, an actual reference to Mr. Roger's Neighborhood on Sesame Street on Season 36.
7 The interview with Grover and a kid named Eric about skin, cause this was one of the older bits wherre Frank was still voicing Grover.
8 The song "Imagine That" sung by Ernie.
9 The vintage song "I'm a Little Airplane Now."
10 The vintage animated bit "Arnold Uses His Imagination".
11 Seeing Sloppy Worm again at the end during Trash Gordon, though I feel that's a stock bit that'll keep getting used when they need it.
12 Now we know what they'll do for numbers higher than 10 when the Song of the Number can't go up that high. They're using new bits with the Count... and gasp, the Countess too! Not sure if it's Countess Dahling von Dahling, someone please check the numbers on her necklace and in which order they run for me please.
The Count sang a polka song counting up the numbers until the Countess shouts STOP!
13 About this new bit with the Count... Is Camille Bonora still voicing the Countess? She sounded different to me, kind of like the Eastern European voice done by Josie Lawrence or whoever it is that voices Gravitina on the animated Buzz Lightyear series on Toon Disney.
14 Another note, did anyone else pick up on the music of the polka song? Am I wrong, or did it sound like "Be Our Guest" from Disney's Beauty and the Beast?
15 Snuffy's voice sounded like it had a bit of an echo, but it was OK.
16 They used the song "If I were a Cloud in the Sky" while waiting for the Fairy Balloon Person to get back with more balloons for Snuffy.

Nitpicks:
1 Hero Guy made another appearance. If they're gonna use these bits with no new ones, then I hope it stays as is and only show one per week.
2 If you thought they couldn't come up with something worse than Hero Guy, you were wrong. There's a new bit in this episode I hope doesn't get used again. Action Elephant? Oh man, don't want to have to see that bit again.

That's all from today's viewing, have a good day.

alizakaila

Reaction score
healthy eating on sesame street

I really like the healthy eating attitude on Sesame Street. Butm why do they have commercials for McDonalds in the beginning? McD's is not known for the most healthy food.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
True enough... But they do have the moneys to try to make some sort of sponsorship campaign to try to get the public to think that they're behind these issues and change some peoples' mentality about McDonald's.
Besides, they've been a sponsor three years running, doesn't rully bother me that much.

Violia

Reaction score
I'm glad I got to see Ernies "Imagine That" song today. That was one of my favorites from when I was a kid.
Oh, and did you notice the book maria was reading at the end of the Elephant segment? "the Monsters of Venice"
Hero Guy, as always, irks me.

DTF

Reaction score
The Count said:
True enough... But they do have the moneys to try to make some sort of sponsorship campaign to try to get the public to think that they're behind these issues and change some peoples' mentality about McDonald's.
Besides, they've been a sponsor three years running, doesn't rully bother me that much.
Not only that, but it's a major name around the country that has enough money to do it, unlike most others. I don't know if many other places would have the funds to dole out like that.

Of course, if WalMart ever wanted to, I think they could project the same image, but enough peple dislike WalMart that I think that would be difficult. Then again, maybe that would be the kind of public relations boost they need. "Hey, we don't try to eliminate all the mom and pop stores and hurt the average person, why look how we sponsor all these great kids' shows."

Anyway, just be glad it's not Budweiser or Miller. At least the kids are only encouraged to think about fast food!

Violia

Reaction score
The Arnold bit freaked me out, I mean when did Nickelodeon characters go on SS It was odd.

LittleChrissy

Reaction score
Actually, the Arnold short debuted on SS before the Nickelodeon cartoon started in 1997. Anyone know what year the short was?

BeckyDR

Reaction score
I have a question; which, if any, skits relating to the number 40 were shown yesterday?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry BeckyDr. but the only mention of the number 40 in Episode 4088 was that it'd take 40 balloons to float Snuffy into the sky. The number for 4088 was 12, will come back later and post my thoughts on 4089.