Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 36

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
My thoughts on 4085: The Healthy Foods Game.

Highlights:
1 Seeing Susan again.
2 Gladys saying her sigline, "I'm Proud to Be a Cow."
3 Cookie's Healthy Foods rap song.
4 The live film about a Cuban-American family's barbecue.
5 Farmer Ernie's song being shown again.
6 Global Grover France, New!

Nitpicks:
1 The glass of milk they got after Old Macdonald milked Gladys isn't rully all that healthy. Milk squeezed from a cow's udder needs to be processed so it'll be truly healthy or fit for human consumption.
2 The song about the kid eating the colors of the rainbow is inaccurate on two accounts:
a. The color in the rainbow isn't purple, it's violet.
b. He can't rully claim to eat "all" the colors of the rainbow since he forgot about indigo. What food's indigo you ask? Well, I'd think huckleberries would count.
3 Not so much of a nitpick as a worry. Gotten used to the shortened Song of Number intros with the number of the day popping up at the end during the second count-up, but I'm concerned what'll happen when they get to the higher numbers.

Oh yeah, was cool to see and hear my main numbers man again. They showed the spoof of Six Feet Under from last year, and a song of six kids playing at the beach sung by the Count.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
Maria: I taught Gabi how to catch a ball when she was about your age.

Funny how that's possible considering Telly knew Gabi when she was a baby. How'd she become older than him all of a sudden?
Probably the same reason why, on the Simpsons, Maggie is still a pre-verbal one-year-old, and Apu's octuplets (who were born a couple of years ago) seem to be about two. Some kind of temporal distortion that selectively affects members of particular TV shows...

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
Hmmm. I've noticed the change in Papa Bear's voice. I'm glad it wasn't just me that picked that up. I also thought it was good to see Barkley in the scene with Elmo on the tricycle. He hasn't been on the show in a while. That must mean Linda's still around since she's the dog's owner. I hope they both make more appearances this season.

Maria: I taught Gabi how to catch a ball when she was about your age.

Funny how that's possible considering Telly knew Gabi when she was a baby. How'd she become older than him all of a sudden?

Anyway, just thought I'd put in my two cents.
no Linda's gone and i don't think she ever owmed him.

ssetta

Reaction score
Today, I wasn't too impressed about the remake of "Healthy Food." I actually cried when I saw this, because I think they should have just used the original. Does anyone think the original from 1987 is dated? If it is, how so?

Erine81981

Reaction score
The new one is on the new dvd "Furry Healthy Monster." I loved it and still enjoyed the old one too. I loved it. Can't wait to see the first two epsiode when they air them again. I loved all of it.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
ssetta said:
Today, I wasn't too impressed about the remake of "Healthy Food." Does anyone think the original from 1987 is dated?
I don't think it's dated at all, but since they used it for the DVD I saw no reason that they shouldn't put it on the show. I prefer the original, but the new one is worth seeing. I mean, Cookie has dreadlocks! :big_grin:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
ssetta said:
Today, I wasn't too impressed about the remake of "Healthy Food." I actually cried when I saw this, because I think they should have just used the original. Does anyone think the original from 1987 is dated? If it is, how so?
so what if it's dated? no one at such a young age is going to think under such terms and why would you cry over it? please.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
no Linda's gone and i don't think she ever owmed him.
No, Linda's definately Barkley's owner. That's been established. It was pretty rude of her to leave the show and not come back for her dog. Lol.

Dantecat

Reaction score
Also,It was rude for Uncle Wally too who left his seal Wolfgang to SS too.