Your Thoughts: New Muppet Central Forum Features

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
DW: friendly advice... take a chill pill.

What's done is done... we can whine, rant, complain, balk at, riot against the new forum all we want, but that's not going to switch MC back to vBulletin... just like strikes didn't change YouTube's mind about forcing users to switch to new profiles two years ago, and so on and so forth.
I have noticed entire threads you've created to actively whine, rant, complain, balk at and riot against YouTube, MySpace, Facebook and DeviantArt. What makes it different when somebody else does it? :confused:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I have noticed entire threads you've created to actively whine, rant, complain, balk at and riot against YouTube, MySpace, Facebook and DeviantArt. What makes it different when somebody else does it? :confused:
When did I create threads specific for MySpace, Facebook and deviantART? I admit I created a YouTube thread regarding the strange and useless upgrades they've gone through, but those other threads were started by other people, and regard other problems.

But I digress, that wasn't entirely my point, I can see that you and DW are taking this especially hard, but again, nothing can be done about it, everybody either has to use this site, or just up and leave if it's that bothersome.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
When did I create threads specific for MySpace, Facebook and deviantART? I admit I created a YouTube thread regarding the strange and useless upgrades they've gone through, but those other threads were started by other people, and regard other problems.

But I digress, that wasn't entirely my point, I can see that you and DW are taking this especially hard, but again, nothing can be done about it, everybody either has to use this site, or just up and leave if it's that bothersome.
Hmm, I'm still not seeing the difference. The many complaints you have posted about Facebook, MySpace, YouTube and DeviantArt serve less of a purpose on a Muppet Forum than a member's complaint about the forum on this feedback thread. :confused:

This is a community and DW was a big part of creating Muppet Central. More so than any active member on the forum today. I don't think he's being unreasonable. He's one of the pillars of this place and I appreciate his feedback on this issue. :super:

MuppetMusings

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, what is the default font being used all over the forum now? I don't know what it is but I don't like it...and I see a few people have complained about it as well. Is it the font-face or simply a larger-than-normal font size? I don't know but it doesn't look/feel right to me either.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Kathy, I think the "follow" thing is actually what usto be our old buddy list, because I noticed that the people I apparently follow are the people who were on my buddy list, so I assume those who follow you are people who have put you on their buddy lists.
Ahhh..OK. Sorry.:oops:
Something I just noticed....
In the old forum if you had someone on Block you couldn't see their posts. Well, what do you do in HERE?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ahhh..OK. Sorry.:oops:
Something I just noticed....
In the old forum if you had someone on Block you couldn't see their posts. Well, what do you do in HERE?
This is a feature slated to be added this summer. Stay tuned to the announcements forum for when it is available.

dmoss

Reaction score
I've tried hard to love this new forum, but it's gonna take a lot longer to grow on me, I think. If the colors were bolder, it wouldn't be so hard on my eyes. Otherwise, I can't visit regularly, or post easily. :embarrassed:

Slackbot

Reaction score
And only 10k characters per POST? WHAT???!!
You have to be f'in joking me.
That's it. It took mke forever to post a SHORT story today, just as a gift to a friend here. I will no longer be posting fanfic here unless the post length is put back to a respectable limit. There's simply no point.
I second this. Can the limit be extended or eliminated? I cannot think of any time on this board when post length has been a problem, and the limit does make it a pain to post fanfic which is the only reason I'm here.

beaker

Reaction score
This is a feature slated to be added this summer. Stay tuned to the announcements forum for when it is available.
Any chance ya guys could toggle the dimensions of the forum or the spacing of posts? I admit, after playing around a little bit with it, I like the integration and some other things about it. Admittedly, 2002 MC forum got a bit stale. Just as people noted, a few things would help make the forum more aesthetically pleasing.