Your Thoughts: New Muppet Central Forum Features

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
It's sad that even library internet connections are faster than Comcast....
I have Comcast and never had any problems with speed or with this forum. I have been with Comcast for many years and NEVER had a problem with them.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I have Comcast and never had any problems with speed or with this forum. I have been with Comcast for many years and NEVER had a problem with them.
I'm shocked, because working with Comcast is like trying to do business with Oscar the Grouch. :|

Slackbot

Reaction score
I had Comcast cable for years. They never could get me a clear picture, they kept raising their prices and giving terrible customer service, and even once cut off my cable at a critical time because someone was stealing cable and they couldn't tell who. I finally shut off my cable and now apply the $50 a month to the principle of my mortgage. Comcast has sent me all sorts of bundle offers, but I am not sending them one cent of my money.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Yeah, that is the sad part. They keep raising their rates for TV.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posting fan fic shouldn't be an issue now. You all are doing great work.
Thank you! I know all of us here appreciate you listening and helping.

One other thing, though: I'm not the only one having issues with the run-on-no-border-posts on each thread page. I know the Count is having serious issues with his reading software because of it. Is there any way you can insert an actual text box of some kind which would help, both practically and aesthetically? It bothers me that a moderator is going to have trouble sifting through posts...this is his job we're talking about, whether it's a paid one or not. That function of a mod is vital to the smooth operation of this Forum. Could you please look into it?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, it's just like when I was absent for four weeks here recently, because Comcast cut off service: they wouldn't turneverything (cable, internet, and phone) until they got nearly $800. That right there is like two-thirds of a monthly social security check.

Now, I don't mind the cable services (other companies like Charter or Knology are even worse), and I rarely use the phone anyway (my folks on the other hand, lol), but their internet rully needs improvement; it really makes me wish the phone company would offer DSL in this part of town... now THAT is good reliable internet service, I never had problems with DSL, it was fast, secure, and they come with their own complementary virus protection, whereas Comcast will offer a free version of McAfee or Norton, drop it, forcing you to either find something else, or pay for the continued subscription.

EDIT: ****, the lagging caused me to get ziffeled TWICE!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I happy to report the lagging seems to have decreased a bit: no longer am I having to wait 40-60 seconds to view a new post, or browse through a board... now I have to wait 30-50 seconds. :smirk: