Your Thoughts: New Muppet Central Forum Features

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So Phil, can you give us any insight into the lagging that happens whenever you click an on-site link, or do you suppose it depends on one's connection and such? Again, my home internet is not the best in the world (lies from Comcast), so I just would like to know if this really is an issue that can be resolved, or if it is just my not-so-great connection.
It should not be lagging all the time. Or does this just happen occasionally? Exactly what links are causing the issue for you. Is anyone else here experience any lagging issues?

Here are two things you can try to help diagnose things...

1. Run a speed test on your connection. Let us know your up and down times. Go here and click "begin test".
http://www.speedtest.net/

2. Run a trace route on your connection. For me it was 20 ms to get to Muppet Central. (Use "traceroute muppetcentral.com" instead of "traceroute blognotes.in")
http://www.blognotes.in/how-to-trace-route-a-website-in-windows-and-mac-os/

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Single women with hungry mortgages to feed.

Thanks! It s a ripoff of homage to Move Your Feet by Junior Senior.
Ah Bills are fun aren't they, and hey I work part time and try to take care of me and my wife and all six kids. I was going to post a pic but still can't seem to figure out on how to do that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It should not be lagging all the time. Or does this just happen occasionally? Exactly what links are causing the issue for you.
It does happen all the time, and anything, you name it: clicking on a board, clicking on a thread, clicking on a page number, etc.
Phil said:
Here are two things you can try to help diagnose things...

1. Run a speed test on your connection. Let us know your up and down times. Go here and click "begin test".
http://www.speedtest.net
Okay, here's what the results came up for me:
Ping: 155 ms
Download Speed: 8.77 Mbps
Upload Speed: 5.62 Mbps

Again, this is Comcast's "HIGH-SPEED internet".
Phil said:
2. Run a trace route on your connection. For me it was 20 ms to get to Muppet Central. (Use "traceroute muppetcentral.com" instead of "traceroute blognotes.in")
http://www.blognotes.in/how-to-trace-route-a-website-in-windows-and-mac-os/
My results were . "'Traceroute' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file".

dwmckim

Reaction score
Wow who uses dail up these days?
Wow - i just threw up in my mouth reading that question - please tell me you were asking in jest and weren't serious. But either way, here is the answer: People who aren't blessed to have mommy and daddy paying for all the latest gizmos and gadgets - people who struggle financially to get by and still have to either eat 39 cent Del Tacos and anything they happen to spy leftover in a garbage can or dumpster or not eat at all. People who have to constantly worry about "will i be evicted this month because i can't make rent?" and have to do unspeakable things with 60 year olds if the answer looks like it might be no...and those are the LUCKY ones - there are those who having a dial up computer is an unattainable pipe dream and have to access from antiquated systems that the new forum doesn't work on. Those who have to make contingency plans for when the price of living is too high to survive and has to work with controlling the second half of the equation since the first half can't be fixed despite every effort to change it. Any other questions?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wow do you just wake up and try to find things to complain about? I was just jokeing, and even cleared that up in a latter post. If anyone knows how hard it is about not being able to pay the bills and not being able to afford things it's me.
I meet my wife on the internet, and when I did she told me that she had four kids from her previous husband (Who is in Jail) We meet and things hit it off really well I met the kids and fell in love with them rather quickly. I was making pretty good money living the good life of a single young guy, and then on one of my trips to visit I deciced to give all that up and stay with them. We have been poor ever since. If you think im Lucky because I have a small part time job at Wal mart ya your right i am I love my job, and the bills get paid. Now I do know that some people are really trying to find jobs and such, but come on I was just jokeing I have had to use Dial up myself its a pain, but it gets you on the net, so go for it.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Relieved to hear you were asking in jest - too many people these days do actually ask questions like that totally seriously all the time not even thinking about how offensive it is. I'm as non-violent a person as they come but whenever i hear someone referring to any gadget or technology past 2009 as ancient history, i have to restrain myself to not strangle them.

Wow do you just wake up and try to find things to complain about?
No. They find me. I try not to wake up in the first place if i can at all help it and look forward to the day when i don't have to wake up again.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I meet my wife on the internet, and when I did she told me that she had four kids from her previous husband (Who is in Jail)
Sounds like the typical American dream these days! (No pun intended!) J/K.