Your Thoughts: New Green and Red Christmas CD

Davina

Reaction score
it will likely start showing up in local stores now that they are putting christmas stuff out more.

Skye

Reaction score
Yeah, I saw it at Barnes and Noble about two weeks ago.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I bought the CD at Hastings on Friday. I love the songs, but it really made me kinda sad to see the struggle going on to replace characters. Eric is doing a WONDERFUL job, and I would be willing to bet Frank having some hand in his training and choosing is a big part.

I couldn't help but feel sorry for Bill hearing Dr. Teeth. I'm sure the reason he was picked is because he does the best, but it still sounds so off. The voice he uses for Rowlf could have been used for either, but I do like the way it panned out. I'm glad Pepe did get a song on the album, because it was something that Bill can't really be criticized for, voicewise (although WOW! who knew Pepe's voice went that high :wink: )

Hearing Rizzo and Gonzo was my joy on the album though! It was WONDERFUL to hear their playful banter and such. Although then I went into a pseudo-depression thinking about how much longer Dave Goelz will stay on before he retires......

Something random, but I can just tell by hearing the background music that it has a 'Disney-esque' feel to it. The background girls sound like something off of Main Street USA performers...which doesn't really bother me, just an observation!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ordered it at the Spec's store where I bought/ordered the rest of my Muppet Cd and DVD's...
But I'm still waiting for them to get this CD in stock.

Just heard to Run Run Rudolph on MC Radio, a song originally recorded by Chuck Berry which suits the EM perfectly. After hearing to Bill Barretta's Dr. Teeth... Yes, it could be mistaken for Bobo... But in truth, to me it sounded as if he was doing a combination Hoots the Owl/John Goodman as Big McBopper Blue (Blues Brothers 2000) impersonation.
Not bad... Needs a smidge of improvemnt though.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, I didn't buy the CD, but I listened to it at the CD preview thing they have. I only heard snippets (darn those snippets) and From what I can tell, I think Bill does a pretty good Dr. Teeth for his first try. Floyd tookl me a moment to register as Floyd. I thought it was Zoot, at first.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Does Zoot talk on this album or not? From what's been said here, it sounds like he doesn't sing, but I thought I read that the album credits Dave Goelz as Zoot, and it would be weird to credit him if his voice isn't heard.

What songs sound like they would have made the best music videos?

BEAR

Reaction score
minor muppetz, Zoot talks on the album just as much as he would in any of the films, but he does have a few speaking lines in "Man with the Bag". The best one being when Animal loses control on the drums and Zoot tries to calm him down by saying "Animal, Animal! Take your tablets." He is also referred to a few times by either Floyd or Dr. Teeth during the sax solos.

BEAR

Reaction score
What songs would be good as music videos? Probably any of the Electric Mayhem songs and maybe Pepe's number. That's about it though, in my opinion.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Of course, Christmas Smorgasbord would be AMAZING as a video if well done..and I bet Christmas Queen could be done well (but I think I'm thinking as a skit and not a music video...but is there really a difference?)

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Does Zoot talk on this album or not? From what's been said here, it sounds like he doesn't sing, but I thought I read that the album credits Dave Goelz as Zoot, and it would be weird to credit him if his voice isn't heard.

What songs sound like they would have made the best music videos?
Zoot says "Thank you, thanks" after Floyd 'presents' him. I had no clue who it was until I listened and figure it out......

I think it might be him saying "Animal, Animal! Take your tablets." But I could be wrong....