Votes: 18 9.9%
  • 2 Stars - Fair

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • 1 Star - Poor

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

Ruahnna

Reaction score
I am loving the interviews with the Muppets. I am not enjoying the interviews with the writers very much. I'm pretty tired of hearing how dumb the muppets are. Here's my observation--they weren't that dumb until YOU guys started writing for them. Get it now?

Reaction score
I am loving the interviews with the Muppets. I am not enjoying the interviews with the writers very much. I'm pretty tired of hearing how dumb the muppets are. Here's my observation--they weren't that dumb until YOU guys started writing for them. Get it now?
Exactly. If we're watching the interviews, we obviously have an interest in the Muppets. Why would we want to hear a lot of negativity about them?

Ruahnna

Reaction score
I don't. It irritates me that there have been some yahoo's out there that have falsely-accused Walter of being a Scooter replacement, which he is not in the slightest possible manner.

Duke, I found your comment interesting, in that the writers actually admitted that they were, in fact substituting Walter for Scooter in some of the situations they created and the lines they gave to certain characters. Some fans are merely commenting on what is actually happening, not falsely accusing Walter of something. (It's not Walter's fault either way.)

I like Walter. He's very endearing and sweet.

But Scooter earned his place in with The Muppets over years of faithful service and, like Piggy, cannot be replaced--not even with a cutie like Walter. One of my favorite deleted lines from The Muppets was Scooter's comment about how Tex Richman now owns them--it's very earnest and moving and very, very Scooter-like.

Unlike Walter, who came from a loving and supportive family, Scooter was pretty much thrown to the wolves...er, the Muppets...and managed to make a home for himself among them. Kermit depends on him, Piggy counts on him and everyone else knows that he is usually the go-to person. (Apt for a former go-fer!) Scooter is like the baby left on their doorstep--they took him in and raised him!

These two likable young muppets do have something in common--neither of them were "born" into the Muppets--both of them were claimed by the Muppets as one of their own. What a nice, comforting thought--for all of us!

Anyone's comments are welcome.

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
But Scooter earned his place in with The Muppets over years of faithful service and, like Piggy, cannot be replaced--not even with a cutie like Walter. One of my favorite deleted lines from The Muppets was Scooter's comment about how Tex Richman now owns them--it's very earnest and moving and very, very Scooter-like.

Unlike Walter, who came from a loving and supportive family, Scooter was pretty much thrown to the wolves...er, the Muppets...and managed to make a home for himself among them. Kermit depends on him, Piggy counts on him and everyone else knows that he is usually the go-to person. (Apt for a former go-fer!) Scooter is like the baby left on their doorstep--they took him in and raised him!

These two likable young muppets do have something in common--neither of them were "born" into the Muppets--both of them were claimed by the Muppets as one of their own. What a nice, comforting thought--for all of us!
I love this. What a beautiful description of my favourite go-fer!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
1000 likes! :halo:

Slackbot

Reaction score
If I were to write Walter, I'd keep in mind that, unlike the others, he's not a performer. He's a fan. In MMW he's the one Muppet who sees the show not from the point of view of a performer who finally is free of Kermit's restrictions and can do whatever dumb act he has his heart set on, but of someone who grew up with and loved TMS. He knows what looks good, and when things go wrong it hurts so bad he has to speak up and, in a trembly voice, criticize his idols.

Let Walter remain the ascended fanboy, the one with the outsider viewpoint. I don't see him being a regular performer on the shows they put on, although he may sing and dance his heart out in the framing bits. Scooter is the practical dude who runs around stage-managing during the show, putting out occasional fires like "Kermit" fainting (something Walter would never do) and otherwise doing a whole lot of esoteric administration work so Kermit can focus on managing the show.

One thing I noticed the first time I saw the movie, and I don't believe I ever mentioned it: when Floyd tells Animal that they've agreed that Dominic is always right, look at the bags under animal's eyes. The fleece looks like it was cut wrong or not glued down, because there's a noticeable strip of exposed foam right against his eyes.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Walter was great in this movie. It's just that we've been waiting for the original Muppets to get the spotlight back for so long and in MMW it mostly felt like I was watching a group photo rather than getting to know the characters again.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well I think for Scooter, Rowlf and the band they need to maybe give them somewhat more depth. Some of them have been silent, or seen and not heard for quite some time, and now since they have good solid voices they need to be doing more. Maybe working with different relationships and skits. They has slowly started this with the Toyota ad's and Floyd and Pepe. So lets see some more of that!