Votes: 18 9.9%
  • 2 Stars - Fair

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • 1 Star - Poor

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
Okay "Movin Right Along in search of good times and good news with good friends you can't lose" how many times has everyone seen it? I've seen it 3!
Saw it for my third time yesterday and bought a couple friends with me this time (I usually go to the cinema on my own, I'm weird like that I guess) and they really enjoyed it. There weren't a lot of people there but to be honest, in the four of five times I saw TM in 2012, there weren't a lot of people either.

It was full the first time I saw it at a preview screening and I think I was the only one laughing hard (keep in mind, there were noisy kids there, so it was hard to actually hear the movie at times). The second time I saw it, I think the room was about half full, but honestly, it had the best reception I heard. People were laughing quite a lot - there was one woman whose laughter I heard the most. I could tell she was really enjoying it :smile: especially any time Constantine was on. This is probably going to sound weird, but I could honestly tell just from the tone and sound of her laughter that she was a little older and had grown up watching The Muppets. She seemed to get the jokes that mostly hardcore Muppet fans would get. But I think there were quite a few people there who were more than just "casual fans" - I can't even tell you how heartwarming it was to hear what sounded like everyone laughing at Rizzo's one line. But I think the biggest laughter in that room came once the "figs" showed up.

Oh, I think I should also note that Constantine's line to Walter about learning "a heartwarming lesson about sharing or waiting your turn or the number three" got quite a big laugh. I think they got it, too :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think they were just too blinded by Constantine into giving them what they thought they wanted. But I'm gonna break the fourth wall and say "if we knew it was Kermit in the beginning this would've been a really short movie." :stick_out_tongue:
Sure, under the right circumstances I could have gone with that. You know what it is? Piggy just feels like a victim in this movie. Again, on Muppet Show she knows very well the imposter isn't Kermit, but she goes along with it because she's promised the opening number. That is Miss Piggy to me. She is a strong, sassy woman who wants Kermit but will never become some silly fangirl over him. She is not the type to scream and run and hide when Constantine yells at her. That just felt so out of character for her. Piggy would never take that from anyone. Still, the real issue is it's so unusual to have a Muppet character who is that awful and villainous. They regretted going in that direction with a Fraggle Rock character, and I guess I regret that here too.

And yeah, they try to make up for it by having her beat the crap out of him at the end, but I guess for me it was too little, too late, and not particularly subtle, lol.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Sure, under the right circumstances I could have gone with that. You know what it is? Piggy just feels like a victim in this movie. Again, on Muppet Show she knows very well the imposter isn't Kermit, but she goes along with it because she's promised the opening number. That is Miss Piggy to me. She is a strong, sassy woman who wants Kermit but will never become some silly fangirl over him. She is not the type to scream and run and hide when Constantine yells at her. That just felt so out of character for her. Piggy would never take that from anyone. Still, the real issue is it's so unusual to have a Muppet character who is that awful and villainous. They regretted going in that direction with a Fraggle Rock character, and I guess I regret that here too.

And yeah, they try to make up for it by having her beat the crap out of him at the end, but I guess for me it was too little, too late, and not particularly subtle, lol.
You do remember I enjoyed the movie right? So we'll have to agree to disagree here. Lol

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
At least we know how to do it, right? Lol :wink:

And hey, at least we still agree on MCC. :halo:
This is true! I am with you all the way on MCC. But again I respect your opinion on MMW I'm not out to try and change your mind like some people on here are. Lol

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I sadly won't I've tried several times to give that movie a chance and I just can't bring myself to like it so I stopped trying. Lol

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I sadly won't I've tried several times to give that movie a chance and I just can't bring myself to like it so I stopped trying. Lol
Well during this unexpected 180 I was also convinced Man of Steel was a deep movie, so take that for what it's worth. :wink: