Votes: 18 9.9%
  • 2 Stars - Fair

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • 1 Star - Poor

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Muppets Most Wanted was overall an enjoyable film, I rank it as the 3rd best muppet film of the theatrical released muppet films only behind TMM and GMC.
Here are some of the things I liked about it
  • We're Doing A Sequel was awesome, I loved how they cut to the title after the number and then they went to the epic Constantine scene
  • Sam and Jean=awesomeness
  • The baby Kermit and Piggy in Something So Right and Kermit&Piggy getting old
  • The wedding was awesome, the climax with how the bomb was Piggy's ring and Constantine escaping in the helicopter ranks this film's climax second to GMC.
  • Duck Soup reference
  • Whenever Fozzie and Animal are in a scene, you know the scene's awesome
  • the train atmosphere
  • I love how they balanced Pepe's role in the film. He wasn't in our faces like MWoO, but he didn't just have one little scene which we saw billions of times in the trailer, TM, he fit right in the muppet gang now that he's no longer a "new" muppet
  • Bunsen and Beaker have bigger roles
  • Miss Poogy is back
  • Constantine and Dominic stealing in sync to where the muppets travel
  • Link had lines and he sounded awesome
  • a lot more!
Though there were some things I didn't like
  • Walter. No, I mean he's cool and all, but why does he have such a giant role? Why don't they just throw him on the muppet bennch? Why is Fozzie like Walter's sidekick? I hope in the next film Walter is just a background character and Peter Linz gets some other main character.
  • Why does Sam act like he's not a muppet?
  • The pacing at the beginning is way too fast like someone put the film on fast forward. The opening number's in the first like 2 minutes than Constantine, then without explanation the scene with Dominic, but afterwards it's fine

Ruahnna

Reaction score
I love all the ideas for new muppet projects (well, except maybe Constantine, who can just stay in the gulag and perform in the revue there), but I'm going to be the unwelcome voice of reason.

As much as I'd love to see, for example, a full-length Electric Mayhem movie, I don't think there's a chance that there enough of an audience for just that that we could get someone to do it. Something like that would have to be more along the lines of, "Gosh, Kermit--we sure do need the Electric Mayhem, but they're still filming their documentary about 40 years in rock-and-roll!" [Cut to scenes of the Electric Mayhem filming their documentary.] Like that.

I ADORE the idea of more web stuff, but...how do I say this in the plainest possible way...well, the lovely, wonderful, talented folks who do the muppets do that for a living. Unlike those of us who obsess mostly for fun, this IS their day job, so I think the problem with that sort of thing is...who will foot the bill for them to do it? Who will foot the bill for them to film it? Since we won't be paying or it--if it's web-based--how do they make a return on their investment? I hate to sound like Kermit (not really), but we can't just do what we want to do. We have to keep an eye on what's going to keep the franchise going without damaging it.

For instance, I have been to MMW twice. I have taken my hubby, one of my children and her best friend and MY best friend. (All on opening weekend, I might add.) All of them liked it better than I did. They've also seen all the other movies along the way. Now, I can just rhapsodize about TM (see how carefully I'm restraining myself?), but it didn't hit everybody the same way. Let me be very plain-spoken: It didn't even hit everybody HERE the same way.

So...to conclude. We've had two good muppet movies in the past two years, and even our little fandom (which is not really little, but doesn't, for example, rival Dr. Who or Star Trek) was pretty divided on whether or not we had two good movies. Going with a derivative movie now would be a bad idea.

Um...I may be preaching to the choir, but...isn't this what fanfiction is for? If you have a good idea and wand to share, maybe just share it on the fanfic board. Just saying....

Ru
(who has finally posted more on KG!)

Duke Remington

Reaction score
To those of you who did not like this movie… I'm concerned that you accidentally saw Divergent instead of Muppets Most Wanted… :wink:
I feel the same way.

I feel sorry for the members on here that didn't like MMW and didn't understand it. And that includes you heralde, ryhoyarbie and dabauckham--and those guys call themselves selves Muppet fans?! :stick_out_tongue:

Sorry to be critical, but that's the way I feel.

dabauckham

Reaction score
I feel the same way.

I feel sorry for the members on here that didn't like MMW and didn't understand it. And that includes you heralde, ryhoyarbie and dabauckham--and those guys call themselves selves Muppet fans?! :stick_out_tongue:

Sorry to be critical, but that's the way I feel.
Hey, to each his and her own. But I must disagree with you on one thing. Muppet fans have never been, and never need to be in 100% agreement about everything to be identified as muppet fans. We are not a monolith. Please don't assume that there is only one way to understand or interpret something.

For the record, I did actually like the movie. But I didn't love it.

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
I was hoping that Long John Silver, Doc Hopper, Tex Richman, Rachel Bitterman, and Nicky Holiday would be in this film as gulag prisoners. I was disappointed that they weren't.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I was hoping that Long John Silver, Doc Hopper, Tex Richman, Rachel Bitterman, and Nicky Holiday would be in this film as gulag prisoners. I was disappointed that they weren't.
Charles Durning, the portrayer of Doc Hopper, is deceased, so that's one of the many reasons why this idea wouldn't have been able to work.