Votes: 18 9.9%
  • 2 Stars - Fair

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • 1 Star - Poor

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

beaker

Reaction score
ETA: I forgot to mention, I made my friends watch MTM this past week and they FINALLY got that MMW is more in line with the classic Muppets humor (I am trying to get them to watch TMS now haha). I got one of them to see the movie again with me and he said he enjoyed it a lot more the second time around now that he wasn't expecting something like TM(2011). I think *that* is the biggest problem MMW has... audiences are expecting TM and not classic Muppets stuff. Don't get me wrong, I LOVED TM(2011) because honestly I felt Walter represented us huge fans and even tho it tried to play a lot with pulling at the audience's heart strings, it truly made for a warm revival Muppets movie. It was lovely. However, not classic muppets extreme sillyness and antics. I just feel audiences need to know that this is old school muppets. ok, sorry about that long write up... rant over.
Reading this makes my day:smile: For me, MMW is the best Muppet film right under the original and TMTM.

Also have fun in LA! I love going to LA when I can. Was bummed I missed the red carpet premiere, though my friend went and said you could barely see the characters, and it was only briefly(unlike the walk of fame thing a few years ago) I'd LOVE to see a Muppet film at that theater!

It's one of the main reasons that keeps the Muppets going though. Whether people wanna admit it or not it's true.
Not sure what that means. I can't see the Kermit/Piggy relationship, if it was put to rest(if say, there was a 'wedding' and we never heard their relationship talked about again) having any affect on public interest or perception.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I mean whether people are a fan of the relationship, aren't a fan of it or don't even care you can't deny that their relationship doesn't play a pivotal part in the Muppet franchise or isnt the main interest in people. Because what question is always asked when their both interviewed together or individually it's are they together or not or when will Kermit finally put a ring on it. If I had a dollar for everytime it's been asked I'd never have to worry about my money issues ever again. And I don't think public interest would die down even if they were to get married because then people would wanna know what their married life is like or when they plan to start a family. The interest in Kermit and Piggy is not going away anytime soon so long as The Muppets are back out in the public eye. Is it the only thing that makes the Muppets successful? No but it is a very big one.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Of course it is, just like Kermit's relationship with Fozzie and Gonzo is also a very important part of the Muppets as well.

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
The ups and the downs:
Let me start with the downside and say this:
It had a decent amount of muppets, however I was hoping to see Mad Monty, Clueless Morgan, and Polly Lobster as gulag prisoners.
Louis Kazzager not being in this film. Why would Disney leave him out of this film?
Another Muppet I was disappointed to not see was none other than, you guessed it, George the Janitor.
Upside:
Uncle Deadly's line during the wedding scence.
Pops's comeback
Crazy Harry's scences throughout the film
Beauregard operating the train
Angel Marie's background cameo
Scooter singing Moves Like Jagger
Pepe having more prominent roles
Zoot having least prominent roles(I know you're going call to me crazy, but for an Electric Mayhem member to be a background Muppet, that builds character and it's good to have at least one or two muppets be background characters in films.)

Ruahnna

Reaction score
I can't see the Kermit/Piggy relationship, if it was put to rest(if say, there was a 'wedding' and we never heard their relationship talked about again) having any affect on public interest or perception.
Beaker, sweetie--this is so far off the mark that I don't know what to say, but let me try a few things.

First of all--it's fine if you don't care about Kermit and Piggy and the state of their matrimony. Nobody's going to make you care or participate. But to say that it is of no importance to the public or the perception of the muppets is being willfully inaccurate. It has been (and will probably continue to be) one of the most talked about, speculated about parts of, um, muppetdom. To deny it is to be in, well, denial.

I am surprised that you felt compelled to take such an extreme position, especially in espousing the merits of a movie which made their relationship take center stage once again.

I am enjoying the dialogue and the different opinions being expressed, including yours, but I'm can't suspend my disbelief for that statement.

Please do say something else--some of your comments have been very well thought-out and interesting.

Ru

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Louis Kazzager not being in this film. Why would Disney leave him out of this film?

Probably for the same reason Disney left him out of Muppet Bohemian Rhapsody, Letters to Santa, the Studio DC specials, the Lady Gaga special (does Disney own the distribution company that distributed that special?), The Muppets, the Kermit's Party videos, The Muppets Kitchen with Cat Cora (he could have been in that Olympics-themed episode), the Cee Lo Green video,OK Go's music video of The Muppet Show Theme, the Toyota commercials, and anything else I didn't mention.

Here's hoping that he eventually gets rebuilt and used again.

I can't remember if it was here, at Tough Pigs, or somewhere else, but somebody pointed out that in the opening song, Kermit's already dismissing everybody's suggestions for the plot, before they do the world tour. Though I must say that Kermit has good reason to dismiss them: Aside from Fozzie's suggestion (which happened to be the previous movies plot), everybody suggested gimmicky ideas that were too character-speciffic. Though it's a shame they didn't have Dr. Teeth or Floyd (or the whole band) suggest a rock and roll musical film.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I do think that it is almost time that the Band has a story about them. Whether it be how they got together, or if they go on a solo tour without the rest of the Muppets. Or with some of the other Muppets, but they would be the headliners of the tour.
I think Dr.Teeth and Floyd are at the top of there game, and should, could and have been doing a lot more.

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
An Electric Mayhem movie (or even TV special or direct-to-video production) could be a hoot. They're a more cohesive unit, from both a comedic and musical perspective, now that the recasts have settled in.

I would even suggest a Behind The Music type of faux-documentary if Robot Chicken hadn't already used that format - obviously it would have a MUCH different tone than the Robot Chicken piece, although I must admit I found parts of that to be pretty funny.

But I'd be curious to see a full-length Muppet production (movie, TV-movie, TV special, direct-to-video, whatever) that only concentrates on one character, or a small handful of characters, and doesn't try to cram as many Muppets into the mix as possible. Not a kiddie-driven KSY type of thing (although I do love parts of KSY) but a serious attempt to develop an engaging story for one or two Muppets.

I know we've enjoyed seeing so many of our old friends in the two newest movies but one of the things I like(d) the most about TMM is that the main players got a little breathing room. Sure, you had the Mayhem scenes, the soundstage finale and the big Muppet mob shot at the end, but for the most part it was just two or three Muppets at a time. I think it allowed them to become richer and fuller as a result.

And if any one Muppet ever got to anchor his own "story," I would love to see that happen to one of two very different characters - Pepe or Rowlf. I think Bill Baretta is doing wonderful things with both of these characters, has proven that they work beyond supporting roles (at least in small doses in TV interviews, ads and online) and that they each command an audience that exists outside the usual Muppet dynamic of Kermit-Piggy-Fozzie-Animal. And Baretta has a terrific singing voice for both of these guys, too.

Seriously, I think a Pepe movie could be amazing. Imagine a prequel that followed his life before the Muppets and ended with him joining the cast of Muppets Tonight. Or even his own separate adventure that didn't rely whatsoever on Muppet canon. I think that would be a marvelous challenge for any screenwriter (and I suspect that any combination of Stoller, Bobin, Lewis or Thatcher might relish that challenge).