Your Thoughts: Muppets Haunted Mansion on Disney+

What did you think of Muppets Haunted Mansion?

• Absolutely positively! The special was great!

• Bork bork! The special was good.

• Mee mee. The special was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! The special was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
I really liked this special a lot. I think it was because original Muppet writer and director, Kirk Thatcher, was onboard. Kirk really knows how to write good Muppet stuff.
And I liked how Gonzo was the main character, mainly because they didn't use him much lately in the past.
It was great hearing Brian Henson as Sal again.
I liked how the owner of the mansion said there were 999 ghosts. I can just picture 999 familiar looking characters in that mansion. Minus Gonzo and Pepe, since they were just visitors.
The only problem was that they broke tradition and instead of airing it on basic TV, like all of their other Muppet stuff, it was on streaming. I guess that's the new thing for Muppets?
Well. if it does, that's fine with me. Muppets Most Wanted and The Muppets 2015 TV series sadly didn't do well. So I think they're better off to be on the streaming service, in my opinion.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
To be honest, I liked the effects and the songs were certainly nice…. But overall, my opinion on this special is it’s not bad, but not great either. I don’t know if I would watch this one again.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
Hey everyone it's been a while, but I'm back! I thought the special was great!!! It was great to see Johnny Fiama and Sal back! Plus Gonzo was great as the main star of the show.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Kermit recently showed some outtakes from the special. We even get one of Brian ad-libbing as Sal! Check it out:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
And er, what exactly is that supposed to be? :confused:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah... Okay, now I get it, good to see Muppets winning awards especially for a great Halloween special. Thanks for clearing that up. :fanatic:

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
Well . . . . . I just couldn't finish it. I lost interest in it and started websurfing and using it for background noise shortly after the Miss Piggy as Madam Leota scene. I don't like Matt Vogel's Kermit too much. I'm trying to give it a chance, believe me, but I'm just not liking it. But that wasn't the main reason. It was just not holding my interest. But I liked the cameo of Ed Asner, as he's one of my favorite actors (RIP, Mr. Asner), and I thought the first song with the headstones was interesting.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Yes, I know they did it out of respect to Steve but two things: 1) You picked a fine time to show him respect and 2) Wembley is also a character that he originated and he's been recast.
See, the thing is, the people who fired Steve are no longer around at the Muppets Studio. And unlike Wembley, Muppet productions can function without Rizzo, whereas Wembley is necessary to Fraggle Rock.