Your Thoughts: Muppets Haunted Mansion on Disney+

What did you think of Muppets Haunted Mansion?

• Absolutely positively! The special was great!

• Bork bork! The special was good.

• Mee mee. The special was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! The special was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I love seeing both Zoot and Lips as ghosts and non ghost! I even love the Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem cover of the song "Dancing in the Moonlight"! I would like to download the song when the song is ready.
The official soundtrack was released today.

You can also hear the Muppets Haunted Mansion soundtrack and more Halloween songs on Muppet Central Radio.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
This special was a ton of fun. Johnny and Sal having a pretty sizable role was great. I liked that Rizzo just had a two-second cameo because they didn't recast him. It was a good way to incorporate him. The music was also really good. I love Bill and Matt's vocals in Dancing in the Moonlight.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Coming out of the shadows to say that I loved this special. I personally think it had a lot for us veteran Muppet fans, but yet can still appeal to a new younger generation of fans. I also think Gonzo's story and ending where very well written. For being a whatever he can sometimes be the most well rounded character of the Muppets. He can be funny one minute and then pulling on your heart strings making you cry the next. Which is purely a testament to the wonderful work Dave has done with him through the years.
Honestly, I think this is the Halloween special we Muppet fans have been wanting for a very long time and it's perfect.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So... I was already planning on this, but after watching the special I'm definitely getting it on DVD to add to my Nights of Halloween library.

As both a well-known Muppets and Haunted Mansion fan, or at least a devoted researcher for various personal pet projects of mine, this special definitely had a lot of good. From the Muppet Halloween costume party scenes, I didn't notice Kermit to be as depressed or downcast as claimed in the toughpigs spoliery review article.

The jokes were well received and played well enough through the special. Gonzo's quip about why Kermit is so popular was a nice touch. The entire wedding sequence... Oh yeees! It's like a Muppetish twist version of the wedding at the end of Beetlejuice. Uncle Deadly as the Justice of the Peace was a wonderful casting choice. He even had a couple of good jokes. Withered Ghost Gonzo. Nightmare fuel for all the fans watching. The music needs to get MUP3's of the songs like "Life Here After", "Together", "Dancing In The Moonlight", and the song sung by the Caretaker at the beginning.

All in all, I give this special four out five Deadlys. If I gave it five out of five everyone would be questioning my over-optimistic/positive take.

Great job Muppets, you've earned a place in the haunted halls of Halloweenness. :scary: :batty: :fanatic:

wiley207

Reaction score
Heh, I like how I even heard them use the classic Castle Thunder sound effect like the original Disneyland Haunted Mansion (the Disney World Magic Kingdom version replaced it with new thunder sound effects as part of the 2007 renovation), and the same scream when in the Stretching Room! (BTW, in that viral video, it was a sheep screaming, not a goat.)

John Stamos suddenly turning into a Muppet monster startled me a bit at first, yet at the same time I thought it was really cool!

The bit with Sweetums pretending to be a train reminded me of the old Scooby-Doo episode "Mine Your Own Business" and the 1995 "Casper" film, or to keep with the Muppet motif, the Muppet Babies episode "Water Babies." (Maybe Gonzo should've said "Sweetums! You're not a train!")
LOL at the reference to the ride breaking down!

I'm glad they were also able to work in Uncle Deadly, since he's just so Halloweeny. And it was nice to see Johnny Fiama and Sal Manilla appear in a new Muppet production after many years of being M.I.A.

Nice use of "Dancing in the Moonlight." It does seem a little werewolf-y. (I remember playing my record of it at Anthro New England 2019 for its' horror theme!)

Last edited:

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
I loved it best special or show in a long while for the Muppets! Still not better then the Muppets 2011 movie or Muppets Most Wanted or The Muppets 2015 show! But still really good! And I believe that was Rizzo someone else voices him now! Loved seeing Walter!

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I loved it best special or show in a long while for the Muppets! Still not better then the Muppets 2011 movie or Muppets Most Wanted or The Muppets 2015 show! But still really good! And I believe that was Rizzo someone else voices him now! Loved seeing Walter!
Rizzo only flipped poker chips. The rats who talked were Bubba, Yolanda and a generic rat.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
It was an alright special. I'm glad Gonzo was placed in the main role and not Kermit, mostly because I don't think I could tolerate Vogel's awkward, nasally performance of the character outside of small doses. It was sorely missing Rizzo in the sidekick role, almost like the special was written with him in mind but they were unable to include him for obvious reasons. For what it's worth, Pepe still had a lot of nice one-liners and Goelz was solid with Gonzo as usual. Definitely enjoyed seeing forgotten characters like Johnny, Sal, and Phil Van Neuter reappear too. Unfortunately, the plot itself was relatively bland and the CGI/effects seemed very cheap. It's easily a step-up from Muppets Now but I can't really bring myself to say it was anything worth a rewatch. Glad there's finally a Muppets Halloween special in their catalogue but they definitely could have done better than this. 5.5/10

kathy26

Reaction score
Did they just bring back At The Dance from the old Muppet Show?