Your Thoughts: It's Hard Out Here for a Shrimp

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

MJTaylor

Reaction score
Sounds like the book could be a good one.

moonfaces

Reaction score
Pepe My Hero

I can not wait! I could use some good advice Okay!

Luke

Reaction score
Love PeePee .... funniest moments with him were the long john silvers ads, VMX or that TV dating show they had him on judging underwear models. Have never seen a clip of that since!

Looking forward to the book!

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Got my book today from Amazon. Now if you excuse me I've got some readin' to do, 'kay? :rolleyes:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well im only complant was that the book was way to short. Other then that I loved it! I read the whole thing in one day!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I sure hope a lot of people get this book it will really be a great book to add to there colection! :rolleyes:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
That book... was just amazing. I was so pleasently surprised with the change in format from Before You Leap because it worked so much better for Pepe's personality and "voice." Speaking of which... Pepe's voice was so beautifully captured in print throughout the whole thing, and that's no easy task. Some of the words were pluralized when the didn't need to be--which is perfect Pepe. And the classic "okay" was included everywhere, showing that Pepe even thinks in "okays" not just talks in 'em.

I loved all of the brief Muppet mentions (if you're wondering, Kermit, Piggy, Scooter, Johnny, Sal, Rizzo, and Fozzie are all mentioned), but if there's one thing I wish there was more of it would be mentioning other Muppets. But then again... this IS Pepe we're dealing with, so naturally it's all about him. Which is another thing--Pepe's advice to everyone makes it seem like he thinks everyone who reads this is exactly like him; which, of course, no one is, but, again, that's perfect Pepe.

The book is also extremely adult humor oriented. It never resorts to cheap jokes or toilet humor (except for one very, very funny one, okay). A lot of Pepe's advice subtly deals with subjects like getting drunk at parties, going home with women, bringing women home, etc. I think this one is really, really aimed more for the college age person who needs a good laugh--especially because most of Pepe's college advice is great. :zany:

All in all, if you couldn't tell, this book is just fantastic. Like Dwayne said, I just wish it were longer, but what Pepe gave us was enough to make me love this prawn I already love even more. He's so clever, self-absorbed, and somewhat-caring when that's called for. Jim Lewis did a bang-up job with this one, and I cannot wait for Miss Piggy's book (which Kermit hints about in his intro) to grace the shelves! :big_grin:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Your so right Ryan! I think the book woulda have been great a little longer, but i also think it's fine the way it is. I can also see how Bill could have really helped with this book. Takeing whicheveer Jim neede a one liner he could not think of he would ask Pepe(Bill). A lot of the book really had that Jim lewis witt, and some i could tell was Bill's witt. Which are diffrent, but very the same in some regards.