Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock on The Hub beginning October 10, 2010

Erine81981

Reaction score
I was on the computer right now and one of the Fraggle Rock episodes started recording on the DVR. I then noticed that the opening theme was playing through the whole thing. The fraggles staying their names, gobo going through the tunnel to the gorgs garden.

Wonder if all the others are going to start showing it through without edits? Or maybe this certain episode was shown like this on the Odyssey Channel. Does anyone know about this one?

Edit: Sorry forgot to metion the name of the episode. "Don't Cry Over Spilt Milk?"

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
"Don't Cry" is actually the shortest episode of the series (and the second one filmed). While others normally run 24:48 or so in unedited form, this one only runs 23:32, so it's possible no edits were necessary to make in that one.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I was on the computer right now and one of the Fraggle Rock episodes started recording on the DVR. I then noticed that the opening theme was playing through the whole thing. The fraggles staying their names, gobo going through the tunnel to the gorgs garden.
I was wondering about that. I remember seeing an ad for Fraggle Rock when I was younger and it was always the theme song so I thought the theme song was longer. Then I saw the episodes where they only did one verse and I thought that maybe it had just been a commercial. Does the opening depend on how the channel feels like showing it or the season during which that episode aired?

Erine81981

Reaction score
I was wondering about that. I remember seeing an ad for Fraggle Rock when I was younger and it was always the theme song so I thought the theme song was longer. Then I saw the episodes where they only did one verse and I thought that maybe it had just been a commercial. Does the opening depend on how the channel feels like showing it or the season during which that episode aired?
No it's like Boober-Gorg said that since The Hub wants to shorten the shows just to show more commerical or more shows. That's the only reason the other epsodes are edited.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I don't know how to go about even getting the Hub in my area. I get mediacom cable....

dinoboy

Reaction score
a funny Fraggle Rock episode

I remember Fraggle Rock, and it's a great show, I bought a DVD at Shoprite a long time ago of a few episodes. That is this was before HUB had debuted. The DVD does have the funny song that my sister and I used to sing called "See the Beetle Sitting On The Stone." It's more like a tounge twister. Anyway, here was the funny episode. Doc had finally gotten his new computer with a whopping 64 kilobites of ram a few mhz of power, and finally using the old large floppy 5 1/4 in diskettes. Not to mention is displays color graphics. Remember this was the 1980's, so pc tech was kind of new. Anyway Doc was showing the pc to his dog Sproket, and upon checking out the software, they discover a game of "Zombie Attack." Now for some reason, they had muted out the attack word as he said the pc game tittle. Must be a really old game.
Anyway, I think that Red and Gobo argue in who's going to be in charge, and upon arguing in the Gorg's garden, they get trapped in a basket by The King Gorg. Now the funny part is when the Gobo pretends to be a magic genie, and after Junior gorg is told the story by his mom the queen, Junior believes the voice in the basket is a genie to grant his wishes. And Gobo warned Junior that if he lifts the basket, his ears will fall off. Not only that, despite Junior having a cold, they also warn him that if he sneezes one more time, he will die. Sure, after Junior faking his death, he suddenly jumps up and sings and dances as the fraggles sing their goodbyes to the so called dead gorg. A dead gorg walking around and dancing? Meanwhiele, after a game competition between Doc and Sprocket, Mr. Ned Shimofinny challenges Doc to the game and beats him with a whopping 1,800,000 points on Doc's Zombie Attack game.
Funny that Sprocket goes into a death scene everytime he hears Shimmofinny's name. Anyway, I've noticed that the game's sound is the arcade game Galaxian, and upon dying and the game ends, you hear Pac-man's arcade whine as he dies. those flaming marshmallows are deadly. Brings back memories of video game competitions as a kid growing up.:smirk:

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I'm watching the challenge and I was wondering if anyone remembers it when it originally aired. Did they ever say what the Zombie game was? They kept silencing out the second word after zombie and the video game title was smuged out.

muppet fan girl

Reaction score
I'm watching the challenge and I was wondering if anyone remembers it when it originally aired. Did they ever say what the Zombie game was? They kept silencing out the second word after zombie and the video game title was smuged out.
It was called Zombie Attack. i watched that one too and i have no idea why they silenced the word Attack. :coy:

SillyRed

Reaction score
I saw this Marooned episode edited today, they even cut out the part where :smirk:Gobo points to where the Spiral Cavern really is.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I just watched the one about the Bunbarrow race. It's odd, they've been doing episodes in order for themost part but I found a website that says that that particular episode is later on in the series. It doesn't really matter much to me as it was a good episode, I just thought it was interesting.