Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock DVD

WiGgY

Reaction score
Well I want to know how this is an effective test of the market. One store selling a stripped down DVD. Then they tell us that soon there will be the same DVD offered, only with more stuff. So, if sales are poor on the first DVD, and good on the next, does that mean all DVDs will have extra cool stuff? What if everyone buying now decides they aren't stupid enough to buy the same DVD twice and sales are poor on the second DVD. Will all future DVDs be stripped down? I just don't get it.

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
so happy

About going to the nearest wal-mart and buying the dvd's..the one close to my home the guy had no idea what I was talking about..so I was disappointed for a few hours..Then I went to my aunt's who lives about thirty minutes away to help with putting together a computer desk..since she did not have a phone cord that was needed to have the desk where she wanted it, we took a trip to wal-mart and there they were my mom bought two..one for me and one for her...I was skipping the rest of the night!!I went home and watched the first two...which I had never seen the first or the second. I'm not sure if the third one has problems because I have not been able to watch it yet I will before I go to work or after. I'm soooooo happy to see the beloved fraggles again because I have been watching the same 5 episodes over and over because those were the only ones my mom recorded since I was born two years after it came out. Anyways for those who haven't bought them yet invest the ten dollars..I think it's worth it..in fact if the next one is just as cheap..I'll buy the next one if it means that the entire series will be produced. Call me foolish but at least I will see more extra stuff.. :smile:

BigTiny

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
Well I want to know how this is an effective test of the market. One store selling a stripped down DVD. Then they tell us that soon there will be the same DVD offered, only with more stuff.
Seemed to be a good test to me. I found my copy yesterday and LOVED it. Ok, so they merge two episodes. My kids never noticed. I mean, HiT is a childrens distributor, right?

I never saw the first episode as I did not have HBO as a kid/teen. I was able to see an episode from time to time at a friends house and really loved it. Getting access to this DVD has turned out to be a lot of fun for my family! And the flier 'More Fraggle Rock Coming To Video/DVD Fall 2004' inside the DVD case is exciting as well.

Sure bonus features would have been nice. And just having access to the first episodes will hold my family for a while. I believe that with the proper feedback, future editions of Fraggle Rock on DVD will be wonderful.

Now back to 'Outer Space'...

Wembley

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
All new DVD's in any store generally hit the street in the US on Tuesdays. Just like "most" movies debut on Fridays before the weekend.
What about Fridays that aren't before the weekend?

-Rick "Wembley" Miller
..."You can NOT leave the magic!"

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
yep the episode about the water is fine...the lip synch matches up...hip hip hooray for HIT..true not the best dvd out there, would be nice to see behind the scene stuff but at least we can see Fraggle Rock again!

Drtooth

Reaction score
personally, my qualms about WalMart are basically their gender biased employee payment and their elimination of Mom and pop stores, but I guess that's just me.

So... do they even say what the "extras" are, or did they even hint at it?

It may sway my decision to purchase this DVD... especially if they can fix the sound gaffe and the Merging of the first 2 episodes... but somehow I feel the extras will be corny.....

But then agian, Hit pretty much deals mainly with a lame Dinosaur show that has become old hat by now... he's about 8 years behind the height of his popularity....his peak has been reached. So basically, that's why I think the DVD's will be like this.

But It's great to see it in some form on DVD... specially since us kids with parents too poor to buy cable had to make due with the cartoon series....

Foodie

Reaction score
It's like seeing them on HBO for the first time again. I can't wait for more. :smirk: :excited:

Nick

SillyRed

Reaction score
I love the new DVD! My fave is the bonus episode "Let The Water Run"! A must have for DVD player owners!! :excited:

baby sinclair

Reaction score
Are these dvd's selling out? i wanna know when tuesday rolls around should i automatically go to the store and pick this item up?Or is it no big deal and i can take my time?