Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock DVD

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The first Fraggle Rock DVD has been released in the USA. Read a review of this three-episode disc, then pick up a copy exclusively at your local Wal-Mart or on-line soon at www.hitstoreusa.com.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/reviews/merchandise/fraggle_dvd.shtml

Apparently some Wal-Mart stores have this title in stock as of today (7/20) while others will not be getting it in stock until next Tuesday (7/27). So if your Wal-Mart doesn't have it yet, they should most definitely be stocking the title as of next week.

Let us know what you think about this long-anticipated DVD release.

King Jim

Reaction score
My grandson got me one for my birthday. :stick_out_tongue: :big_grin:

Oliver

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if this Wal-Mart distribution deal will be limited to the United States? I ask because of all exclusive stock orders that Wal-Mart has promoted in the past, I've yet to see one turn up on this side of the continent... I'm just wondering if there's even a slight chance my local WM in Montreal would carry this title?

beaker

Reaction score
Three episodes? Less than $10??? Super sweet!

Maybe Disney buying out the Muppets inadvertently had a positive effect on the Fraggle Rock franchise.

For under $10, no reason not to get these!

Lone Wolf

Reaction score
This is great news indeed. I'm definitely buying a copy and I would strongly encourage all Muppet fans to do the same. Buy buying this DVD, not only are we adding to our collection of classic Muppet material, but we're sending a message to the Henson company, thus increasing the likliehood that they will release more of their work in the future.

P

Philo and Gunge

I will definatly buy this DVD. I hope we can get a "Fraggle Rock: Philo & Gunge" DVD with:
Home Is Where The Trash Is
Gunge The Great & Glorious
Sprocket's Big Adventure (bonus episode)
Rude Dude (bonus Mopatop's Shop episode)

Rowlf's Roadie

Reaction score
This is really important. Enough of us declared our want for a DVD and we got it. Enough of us wanted Farscape back and we got it. Only question now is if there are enough of us to affect how Disney handles the Muppets.

Brian Damage

Reaction score
I'm in Australia. Anyone reckon I've got a chance? This is US-only, isn't it?

Should I try good ol' eBay?

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Brian Damage said:
I'm in Australia. Anyone reckon I've got a chance? This is US-only, isn't it?

Should I try good ol' eBay?
Unfortunely yes it looks like it's US only, just like the Timelife DVD's. But unlike the timelife dvds it looks like us non americans can get our fingers on the DVD. The Hit website http://www.hitstoreusa.com/ ships outside the US so when/if the dvd comes on their site then all you need to do is to order it. And add an extra $7.95 for the shipping

jeremyactor

Reaction score
I got my copy last night at Wal-Mart... looks good, however I don't like the way they merged episodes 1 and 2 together... they made it 1 big episode.

I also seem to have found a small problem - on the bonus episode, the mouth movement of EVERYONE is way off... I think the audio and video aren't lined up correctly - anyone else see this problem? It could be my player, but the other episodes were fine...

Jeremy