Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock DVD

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I e-mailed HIT last night, using the "contact us" link on their website. I asked them several questions about the Fraggles. When will more DVDs be released and what will they be (seasons, single episodes, what)? When will this DVD be added to their online store? I also expressed my fan-ship of the fraggles and stated I would prefer season sets, DVD extras, and DVDs geared towards hard-core Adult fans aswell as kids. About 13-hours later I got a response back. It brought some interesting news. Here is a copy of the E-mail I got. Enjoy!

----
Thank you for contacting us. HIT Entertainment is pleased to announce the release of Fraggle Rock Where It All Began on VHS/DVD. You may purchase title at Wal-Mart or call our company direct toll free at 1-877-259-7425 to order. Our web team is currently working on adding this release to our webstore.

Also, look for the Special Edition Where It All Began DVD in specialty stores this October. The special edition DVD will feature more bonuses and special features. Then look for next Fraggle Rock VHS/DVD release next Spring.

We will also pass your interest in seeing box or season sets to our Brand Team for future consideration.

Thank you for your interest in HIT Entertainment.
---

I am now torn on getting the DVD now, or waiting until October for the Special Edition. Plus I can't wait until the spring when we'll get some more DVDs. I suggest E-mailing HIT if you have questions or comments. They seem to listen, and care about the input from fans. I hope to see great things from HIT with the Fraggles brand. :excited:

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Well, I picked up the Fraggle DVD a couple of days ago and yes, Oliver, the first two episodes are merged. It seems quite apparent that HIT didn’t put too much effort into this release.

Oddly enough, I didn’t receive an insert declaring that there would be future releases in the fall. I called HIT’s 877 number to talk with someone and got several questions answered. Please keep in mind I was very polite and courteous to the person over the phone (who was not responsible for making the decisions). This is what got me the results I desired.

1. There are no current plans to release Fraggle Rock in boxed season sets.

2. HIT has seen Warrick’s online petition that has those tens of thousands of signatures. The woman I talked with looked at the site herself just yesterday. Again she makes no decisions, but at least its been seen.

3. The decisions to release Fraggle Rock is not placed entirely on the shoulders of HIT. Both HIT and Henson are in charge, and one can’t release without the permission of the other. It’s a partnership.

4. HIT does have plans to release future volumes. The catch, however, is that the DVD released this fall will be the SAME one on shelves now. What makes the new edition different is that it will be furbished with some “extras”.

I politely told the woman over the phone that this made absolutely no sense. I put in my request with her to please release the series in boxed sets. I mentioned that Fraggle Rock only has five seasons, so they could easily be put together and released over a period of just two, perhaps three years. I also put in a request with her for “Down at Fraggle Rock: Behind the Scenes” to be one of the “extras” for the fall release.

What I am going to do, and what I suggest everyone who wants boxed sets of the series released by season to do as well, is to write a short, polite formal letter to HIT. Not obnoxious phone calls, not crabby e-mails.

Things to mention:

- season sets
- Online petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/Fraggle/
- Many of the creative talent who were involved in the show have signed it, making them part of over 27,000 people who
want DVDs.
- These are only the folks who happen to look up "Fraggle Rock" online. Tens of thousands more would buy it if they
came across it in a store.

Form letters will be opened by the people in consumer relations, who can forward it on to the folks who make the decisions (of course, as long as it is an appropriately-worded letter that is polite, but firm). Online petitions and e-mails are fine, but they are still held at arms length. Having physical evidence of the demand in their hands will speak the loudest. That they cannot deny. This is the only way we, the fans, can make this happen.

The address to mail your form letters is:

HIT Entertainment
Attn: Consumer Relations (Fraggle Rock)
P.O. Box 9000
Allen, Texas 75013

**Putting “Fraggle Rock” in the address will help Consumer Relations better handle the mail and file it correctly. It will also keep the brand name in their minds. That alone can speak volumes.

Phone calls are also monitored, so the more the better. If you would like to politely call them, their number is 1-877-259-7425. Having the subject of Fraggle Rock mentioned over the phone will speak volumes as well (no pun intended).

Mailing your same form letter to Henson is also a good idea. The California-based address on this site is probably the best place to mail. Again, I would put “Consumer Relations” and “Fraggle Rock” in the attention line.

Good luck!

WiGgY

Reaction score
HIT is doing this all wrong and i don't know why. They released the DVD to one store and one store only, so I have no idea how that tests the market. Then they are releasong the same DVD with special features in October, so how does releasing the same DVD test the market? Are they testing to see how many people will buy the same thing twice? Then they don't release another DVD until Spring. What are they doing? Couldn't the Henson Company have found a better distributor?

dlphntat

Reaction score
Horns of a dilemma

Hmm, I really want to get the Fraggle Rock DVD, but do I want it enough to move beyond my distrust and hatred of Wal-mart?
hmm. Maybe I can convince my wife to get it for me.

doctort13

Reaction score
I will NOT buy Fraggle Rock at W*L-M*RT!!!

Why don't I want to save some $?

Because, Wal-Mart is an BAD company.

How bad you ask?

Well they claim to be "family friendly" yet will not allow mothers to breastfeed their children inside their stores. Don't believe me?

Read this!

And if you choose not to read the link:

PERTINENT FACTS

On April 7, 1997, Plaintiff Dana Derungs was shopping at the Wal-Mart store located in Lebanon, Ohio. She attempted to nurse her son, Devin Derungs, on a bench next to a dressing room. She was prohibited from doing so by a Wal-Mart employee and told that she had the option of breast-feeding her son either in the restroom or outside the store. In response, Ms. Derungs left the store with her son.

Plaintiff Jennifer Gore had a similar experience in another Wal-Mart store. On November 8, 1997, Ms. Gore was waiting in a lay-a-way line at a Wal-Mart store in Trotwood, Ohio with her son, Austin Gore. She started to breast-feed Austin but was interrupted by a Wal-Mart employee who told her she was not permitted to breast-feed her son in the store. The employee informed Ms. Gore that she could breast-feed her son in the restroom, or she could leave the store. She voluntarily left the store with her son.

Plaintiff Angie Baird also attempted to breast-feed her child in the Trotwood, Ohio Wal-Mart store. On February 18, 1999, Ms. Baird attempted to breast-feed her daughter, Kassidee Baird, on a bench near the portrait studio in the Trotwood Wal-Mart store. Like her co-plaintiffs, Ms. Baird was interrupted by a store employee and informed that she could either breast-feed in the restroom or had to leave the store. She, too, elected to leave the store with her child.

On March 31, 1999, Dana Derungs, Devin Derungs, Jennifer Gore and Austin Gore filed a complaint in Ohio state court alleging that in refusing to permit Ms. Derungs and Ms. Gore to breast-feed their children, Wal-Mart discriminated against them on the basis of sex and age under Ohio Revised Code § 4112.02(G). Plaintiffs also alleged three common-law claims in their complaint: tortious infliction of emotional distress, tortious interference with parental rights, and loss of consortium. On April 19, 1999, the complaint was amended to add Angie Baird and her infant daughter, Kassidee Baird, as party-plaintiffs. Wal-Mart timely removed the action to the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio on May 3, 1999 on diversity of citizenship grounds.

On September 26, 2000, the district court granted Wal-Mart’s Motion for Partial Summary Judgment and dismissed Plaintiffs’ statutory claims. See Derungs v. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., 141 F. Supp. 2d 884 (S.D. Ohio 2000). Then, on March 15, 2001, Wal-Mart’s Motion for Summary Judgment on the remaining common-law claims was granted, and a Final Judgment was entered on April 11, 2001. Plaintiffs timely filed a Notice of Appeal.(1)

I am not a woman, but I will be a father in 13-14 weeks. I will not spend a penny at a business who will not allow a mother to feed their baby. Why does Wal-Mart find breastfeeding so appalling?

My mother breastfed all of her 5 children, my wife was breastfed, both of my sisters breastfed/feed their children, and all of our children will be breastfed.

Heck, I bet that all of the Henson children were breastfed too!

I'll find somewhere else to buy this DVD. I hope that this has opened a few eyes to the REAL greed that is killing our country.

www.walmartwatch.com

WiGgY

Reaction score
Maybe they don't want women taking their boobs out in the store rows. What is wrong with going into the rest room and breast feeding? You can't walk a few feet into a private space? I see nothing wrong with not allowing someone to breast feed right in the open of the store. It's not anti-family. Anti-family would be not allowing children in the store. Is it hard being a mom? Yes. But that does not give mothers permission to do anything they want. They did NOT keep the woman from feeding her child. They asked her to do it in another area of the store or go outside. I'm sure the child can wait a few freaking seconds so that we don't all need to see this a babdy hanging off of a woman's breast. I'm sure YOU don't mind seeing it, but some people feel uncomfortable.

gfarkwort

Reaction score
Yea other mothers don't want their children to see womens' breasts. Wal-mart is looking out for a majority who may not like seeing it. I am NOT a supporter of Wal-Mart. There public restrooms are NASTY. It seems I'll have to wait untill the 27th.

Why does Wal-Mart only put out new dvd's on Tuesday?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
All new DVD's in any store generally hit the street in the US on Tuesdays. Just like "most" movies debut on Fridays before the weekend.

dlphntat

Reaction score
wow.

if I may quote Chandler from 'Friends':
"Can... open. worms...everywhere"
:smile:
(and for the record, my problem with Wal-mart is a bit different than that. )
so, in the opinion of those who have purchased it, does this DVD merit the trip to Sprawl-Mart, or is it better to wait until October?

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
Why is it always Wal-Mart? We don't have any in my area. Stupid Exclusive deals, excluded way to many people! :grouchy: