Your Thoughts: Dinosaurs Sesasons 1-2 DVD

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Krazedmuppet said:
YEay! another MCer from Colorado! man, how many are we up to now...

I LOVE this box set, its one of my fav's
Only it didnt have the one where Robbie baby sits - that one is the funniest- maybe on anoter season?
thats on it...and he and the sis end up leaving baby alone and the fridge animals attack...or is there a differnt episode.?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
TheJimHensonHour said:
thats on it...and he and the sis end up leaving baby alone and the fridge animals attack...or is there a differnt episode.?
I think he is talking about a different episode, Little Boy Boo, which is from the third season.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here are some more reviews:

The Mating Dance: This episode is great. I like it when the Baby get's his tail caght on fire. It's interesting that, at the beginning, it is said that this episode takes place 60 million years ago, when the previous episode mentioend that it was the year 60 million and 3 (and also implied that it is 60,000,003 B.C., so this should take place longer from the present). Five stars.
Refridgerator Day: the only christmas-related episode is a classic. I wonder if Mr. Richfield not giving refridgerator bonus was inspired by Mr. Burns not giving christmas bonuses in The Simpsons Christmas Special. Five stars.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, now that I've watched all of them, I guess I'll get off my butt and review the rest of them:

Leader of the Pack: Not bad, but not good, either. It is funny how Robbie and his entire family get beaten. It's interesting that a fake funeral was held for Robbie. Wouldn't the other gang members think that a dead person would be eaten? Two stars.
Slave to Fashion: it is great seeing Charlene become stuck-up, and it seems like Earl is smarter than usual in this episode. It's too bad that Charlene gave up her coat. It was funny seeing her get told what to do by a coat. Four stars.
Charlenes Tail: I remember this one when it first aired. I think I'll go check out some tails right now... oh, wait, I've got to finish reviewing these. Four stars.
How to Pick Up Girls: it seems like Spike is always wrong when he gives Robbie advice in this one. Either that, or his ideas backfire this time. Four stars.
The Clip Show: A good assortment of clips. Five stars.
The Family Challenge: one of my favorite episodes. The game show settign is great, and having all of the categories have to do with TV is genius. Five stars.
I Never Ate For My Father: another classic. Robbie decides to stop eating meat, and then Earl becomes upset and wants him to stick to eating meat, and then they get eaten by a giant swamp creature. Five stars.
Fran Live: some of the TV parodies (Dirty Dare) are great. Five stars.
When Food Goes Bad: This is basically a halloween episode for the series. Four stars.
Switched at Birth: The sinclairs think that they have gotten the wrong baby. A classic. four stars.
The Golden Child: One of my favorite episodes. The Baby grows a horn. Very distinctive. Five stars.

Well, I think that's all of them.

muppetsadmirer

Reaction score
I loved the show when I was younger. I used to watch the show all the time! It was a shame to see the show end, but I'm very happy that the first two seasons were released. I hope to pick up the box set when I get some extra money. I cannot wait!

Starlancer

Reaction score
That was one of the best shows ever but its been a while since ive seen it, like 10 or 9 years and i know its on dvd but i dont have the money, but something really suprised me it was from Jim Henson i didnt know that, now im a little bit smarter

Brinatello

Reaction score
Yeah, Jim himself actually thought of the idea, about starting a series of Dinosaurs living in modern times even though it's set in prehistoric times. He was so full of great ideas, but unfortuantely, some of it never left his limitless imagination. :frown:

As for the DVD, I would love to pick up the first two seasons, but I can NOT afford any extras at this time, and believe me, I've made a long list of DVDs I'd love to own! For the time being, I was catching brief clips over at YouTube, sitting through the episode, "Little Boy Boo" when Robbie tries to scare Baby by telling a story about being bit by a Wereman. Ohhh, I want to own this, it brought back a lot of memories!

Okay, quick question to everyone. Who's your favorite Sinclair family member? While many would say Baby, I've always been fond of Robbie. Why? Well, mainly for the fact that he's a teenager, he's a reptile, and the actor inside is Leif Tilden! Leif was the actor inside Donatello for TMNT 1 and 2. Robbie reminds me very much of a Ninja Turtle, and with Leif in the costume, it only makes me like him more!

Off-topic, I wish I could find contact information for Leif Tilden. I've always wanted to write to him. After dressing up as Donatello at this past Comic Con, I have a much deeper respect for him wearing those heavy, unbearable, costumes!

tysiony

Reaction score
Hiya everyone, im a noob :smile:,just wanted to know if anyone knew by some remote chance wether Dinosaurs is ever gonna be available on region 2 dvd? Just thought i'd ask, if not i definatley gotta have it on region 1 anyway!,man i love that show!