Votes: 63 54.3%
  • Nadar

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
timrikthegorf said:
Gee, I'm sorry I'm only 20 and wasn't born in in the 20's. I don't know everything about prohibition, but I just looked it up, and while it was enacted during the depression it was not enacted due to the depression, My mistake, at least I can admit I'm wrong. Either way, it was taking away people choice because of the religious belief that alcohol consumption was wrong.

I expect normal people to be kind and peaceful. I don't think that's asking too much. There are plenty of people like that. I expect people not to use God as a reason to hate and make war. I don't think that's an unreasonable expectation, do you?
I was just correcting u on Prohibation. i can admit when i am wrong but i really don't Recall the fact that Prohiibition was started based on religous beliefs but i will check

Religion is the way we live and War is fought for those reasons but remember WWII and War on Terror where Satrted because of the Attack on US because of there Religous Convictions, Which involes Bigamoy but who am i to judge.

T

timrikthegorf

WW2 was fought because we were atacked. The war in Iraq was not fought because we were attacked. Iraq DID NOT attack us. It's a morally questionable war. We said they had weapons, couldn't prove it, told them to give us the weapons ans surrender or be attacked, they had no weapons to give us and didn';t surrender (after all, it was Saddam's country, what did we expect him to do?), so we attacked.

If you look at Islam it's not all that different from Christianity. It was based on the same kinds of beliefs. Only they reguard women much higher than christians. Both sides have their crazy extremists though.

Now I'm very tired so I'm taking a rest from this conversation.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
timrikthegorf i Like you beacuse you speak intellagently and are not as Radical as your contemparies even though i am only 6 years older i condsider my myself seprate of most College Aged People

I ran into alot of them the past year. Alot, only regregate Leftist propaganda and Left Coast Celeberties and only support Kerry-Edwards because he is not George W. Bush

But, alot of the Kids didn't vote or forgot to register

The Most Intresting thing i found was like in Aug. i think i took a poll to take the importance of religion in Listeners lives, only 59% responded that it guides their lives on a day in day out bases when 98% are "affilated with a certin faith"

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
timrikthegorf said:
WW2 was fought because we were atacked. The war in Iraq was not fought because we were attacked. Iraq DID NOT attack us. It's a morally questionable war. We said they had weapons, couldn't prove it, told them to give us the weapons ans surrender or be attacked, they had no weapons to give us and didn';t surrender (after all, it was Saddam's country, what did we expect him to do?), so we attacked.

If you look at Islam it's not all that different from Christianity. It was based on the same kinds of beliefs. Only they reguard women much higher than christians. Both sides have their crazy extremists though.

Now I'm very tired so I'm taking a rest from this conversation.

well i wish u would reconsider but you are wrong based on Islamlomic nations disrespect thier Women

T

timrikthegorf

I'm not taking a rest from the thread forever. Just long enough to like sleep. And how do they disrespect women? I know the propaganda, but how does the religion disrespect women?

Oh, and I'm not actually in college even though I'm college age. Was for like half a semester and hated it. No one side of the fence is the right side to be on. And if you take the fence up you'll realize the two sides aren't all that different, and yet all we focus on are the differences.

christyb

Reaction score
That's because we are human. (There I go opening my big mouth again)

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
timrikthegorf said:
I'm not taking a rest from the thread forever. Just long enough to like sleep. And how do they disrespect women? I know the propaganda, but how does the religion disrespect women?

Oh, and I'm not actually in college even though I'm college age. Was for like half a semester and hated it. No one side of the fence is the right side to be on. And if you take the fence up you'll realize the two sides aren't all that different, and yet all we focus on are the differences.
it the way of life i would never make a women walk behind me or act like she is second class i am Lebanese and i grew up seeing my relatives especilly the older ones

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
timrikthegorf said:
Why "draw a line at the apes"? It's science. It's a theory derived from study and data. And the founding fathers did not have religionj in mind when creating the constituion. Why do people have such a problem with that? Have you read the constitution? It's not a moral code of any sort. It's a structure for government. It has nothing to do with religion. And as was pointed out the bill of rights actually give people te right to break certain laws of God. The country was simply not founded on religion. That doesn't make religion bad or the country bad. It simply separates them. And yet after the founding fathers died christianity started to make it's way into the government, usually when hard times hit.
I say "draw a line at the apes" because that is where the contoversy lies. Humans and apes, apes and humans, humans from apes, the missing link. Cut out the apes and you cut out the problem. As far as I know, no one has ever suggested that humans have evolved from the Galapagos birds, therefore not near as many people should be offended by the idea.

Have you ever read the Declaration of Independence? That little document that states the beliefs of our forefathers that they had the right to dissolve ties with Britain and King George III, and that right came from "the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God". They also believed that their certain "unalienable rights" of "Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness" were endowed to them by "their Creator" (anyone sick of quotation marks yet?). Sure, they don't actually mention God in the Constitution, but they certainly had these "unalienable rights" granted us by God in mind when writing the Constitution. The Constitution is not a religious document and it does not refer to religion or God, but it was written with the ideals in mind...the ideals that every (applicable) American should have access to.

P.S. I say "applicable" above because many of our forefathers had slaves and slaves weren't considered citizens in those days. So certain unalienable rights did not apply to them back then.

PuppetEin

Reaction score
*sigh*

even though the election is done and already over, If I HAD the chance, i would most defently have voted for Kerry. I'm sick and tired of how Bush is spending all this money on a war that we shouldn't have gone into. Yes, 9/11 is something to be fighting over, one of my closests friends cousin died in it. But honestly, I think that Mr. GWB doesn't know what he's gotten himself into, nor does he know how to get himself out. With him raising taxes and not letting homosexuals getting married has pushed me to a level that most people would never EVER see me in. I'm not saying that I myself am a homosexual, but i have alot of very close friends that are, and dislike Bush as much as myself.

And yes... I am a tree hugger :E

ok... my rant is over... :00 :grouchy: