Why isn't Skeeter a Muppet?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Janice did appear in one of the Muppet Babies episodes. She looked much older than they were and I think it would have been cool to have had Zoot on the Muppet Babies as well :cool:
The more I think about it, the more I like that decision. Janice should be older than the other characters. I'd always feel that if the Electric Mayhem were introduced, They'd be quite a bit older than the Muppet main cast. If there's one thing I have to admit to not liking about Muppet Babies, alternate noncanon reality or not, I don't like the idea of everyone being the same age. The Mayhem would be quite a deal older than the rest of the cast, at least by 5 or 6 years. I could have seen them as neighborhood kids in a little band that look at the babies as little siblings that they never had.

But then again, they had Robin as a tadpole in that series. That would mean that Kermit's only a year or two older than his little nephew Robin.

Hubert

Reaction score
The Mayhem would be quite a deal older than the rest of the cast, at least by 5 or 6 years. I could have seen them as neighborhood kids in a little band that look at the babies as little siblings that they never had.
It would have been a nice idea if they had the entire EM as recurring characters in a little band, and often recruited the Muppet Babies to be their audience for new songs and stuff. Would be a nice way to incorporate some EM-esque music into things and add a little more variety to the show.

But then again, they had Robin as a tadpole in that series. That would mean that Kermit's only a year or two older than his little nephew Robin.
That is a weird thought. The age issue was really messed up on MB. We later assume that in TMS days Robin is around 5 or so, so that would make Kermit, what, 7? :stick_out_tongue:

Zoot Fan 1981

Reaction score
It would have been a nice idea if they had the entire EM as recurring characters in a little band, and often recruited the Muppet Babies to be their audience for new songs and stuff. Would be a nice way to incorporate some EM-esque music into things and add a little more variety to the show.

That is a weird thought. The age issue was really messed up on MB. We later assume that in TMS days Robin is around 5 or so, so that would make Kermit, what, 7? :stick_out_tongue:
Isn't the age thing with frogs like the age thing with dogs? (Haha I rhymed.) Take their age and multiply it by 7?? I do agree on the age thing. It is kinda messed up. They should have done a cartoon centered around the lives of Electric Mayhem as well but should take place in the teen years for them. Just a thought.

Hubert

Reaction score
Though I doubt it would do well, a teen EM series would have been kinda cool. You could really build a story around the EM and their lives in high school. Each one has different personalities that would make for an interesting series in that setting, with their band being an out-of-school activity they do.

GonzoWaltsfan

Reaction score
Some times I think Skeeter was killed by the Muppets and they acted like she wasn't even here to cover it up :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think everyone's reading a little too much into the fact that she never ever was supposed to be integrated into the Muppets proper.

If you can get through the titanic brainfart that is Agent K leaving the Men in Black with his memory wiped, only to randomly pop back up in the cartoon series... and it isn't even supposed to be interlinked with the second movie, since J forced L out of the MIB in between films... oh, and now she's blonde.... not to mention no references towards Agent Alpha in MIB 2 or 3 (though it would have been far superior for either film to have him as the main plot...especially that second one).

Essentially, the animated version of something is never taken into canon... even acknowledged by the live action team. It took a massive internet campaign for them to retcon the animated Star Trek episodes as canonical to the TV series.

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
I think everyone's reading a little too much into the fact that she never ever was supposed to be integrated into the Muppets proper.

If you can get through the titanic brainfart that is Agent K leaving the Men in Black with his memory wiped, only to randomly pop back up in the cartoon series... and it isn't even supposed to be interlinked with the second movie, since J forced L out of the MIB in between films... oh, and now she's blonde.... not to mention no references towards Agent Alpha in MIB 2 or 3 (though it would have been far superior for either film to have him as the main plot...especially that second one).

Essentially, the animated version of something is never taken into canon... even acknowledged by the live action team. It took a massive internet campaign for them to retcon the animated Star Trek episodes as canonical to the TV series.
I just find it sorta hilarious that this thread has stayed consistently at the top since two years after I joined like it's a grand question, and the second post pretty much answers it.

I think even though it was a spin-off a lot of people grew up with it from the 80s-90s and many even saw that first (which is why the baby versions are often referenced alone), so people got confused when Skeeter didn't turn out to be one of the family. Even though the real answer was "they wanted another girl so they made one up for some reason." I guess it'd be like all the people that grew up with DuckTales wondering why Launchpad isn't in the Scrooge comics. The answer is simple but they're so familiar "that can't be it." Or maybe people just really love Howie Mandel? I can't see Skeeter contributing much other than "HEYSHE'SFROMTHECARTOON", though anything's possible if written well. I really find it odd that so many people still ask when even in Takes Manhattan they say it's all imaginary--Oh, but there was that thing in Family Christmas so...hm. Yeah, it's still odd.

....I can kinda see Karen Prell rocking a puppet version of her though.