Who does Red love?

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Most often people assume it's Gobo because although there is often competition between them, there's also this sort of romantic tension. Others may disagree though, but Gobo is usually the favorite choice.

superboober

Reaction score
Gobo would seem the most likely choice of the main characters. I think Wembley's too indecisive for Red's tastes, and most of the time she probably considers Boober too morose. :excited:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
IMO it's Mokey who has a more intimate connection with and longing for Gobo. One of my best friends is like Red, and the competition and clashing is just way way too much for any real intimate feelings. My friend though is on Lexipro for anxiety and she is much more comfortable with herself now---maybe Red could use some too, LOL. :wink:

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
I agree with Byron; Red and Gobo are a bit too similar to mesh together well. I can see them attempting to be a couple for a period of time, but it wouldn't work out in the long run, and Red's competitiveness would almost surely be one of the reasons.

On the other hand, Red's vibrant - and sometimes forceful - attitude is a good counterbalance to Boober's "doom and gloom" attitude. And Boober's cautious way of doing things balances out Red's impetuousness.

But then, who says that Red has to be in a relationship with just Gobo, Boober or Wembley? There are more male Fraggles in the Rock than just those three. She could very well find a romance with someone outside her core group of friends. After all, it seemed to work for Wembley and Lou (even though we never saw her again after that episode).

Or you could be like a friend of mine and believe that Red is a closet lesbian, and that she's really pining away after Mokey...

-Kim

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Ah...The oft-debated question. Note, though, that the topic is "who is Red in love with," not "who would Red be best coupled with." Experience has oft taught me that you don't always fall for the people who would be best for you. Sometimes, conflict is bloody attractive.
That being said, I think that if Red has a crush on anybody, it's on Gobo. She's competitive with him, but I think mainly she just wants his attention. (It's also part of her nature to want attention, but I do feel that's the reason she focuses on Gobo.)
One of the best things about Fraggle Rock is that there really are unexpected layers to it. If you want to see it, it looks sometimes like her constant challenging of Gobo, or her mocking of Travelling Matt' postcards, is her way of screaming, "Notice me! Notice me!" Plus, there's the episode that shows Red gets jealous of the attention Mokey gets, particularly the attention from Gobo. Part of this, once again, is just Red's personality: she's just got to be the star of the show most of the time, and can't bear anyone stealing that spotlight, not even her best friend. Still, evidence can point to Red having feelings for Gobo, particularly if you want it to. If you watch Fraggle Rock and look for it, you can sure find it.
I admit, I kind of root for Red and Gobo. I'm a bit like her in many ways, and admit that I'd probably be attracted to someone like Gobo if I knew him. Wouldn't mean we'd be good for each other or even that things would work out, but I'd be doing or saying the dumbest (sometimes meanest) stuff half the time just to keep him looking at me. (Lord, I know. So junior high for a 21-year-old.)
Still, thanks to a certain Mokey-lover, (curse you, Byron!), I can't help but see a little Red-Gobo-Mokey love triangle on occasion. Can't help but root for Red, though. because I love her, and I can't bear the thought of unrequited love for her. (I've always envisioned Mokey being more devoted to her arts, anyway.)
So, anyhoo, here's my ridiculously drawn-out point: If Red loves anyone, it's Gobo.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Manda:-D said:
Still, thanks to a certain Mokey-lover, (curse you, Byron!), I can't help but see a little Red-Gobo-Mokey love triangle on occasion.
Heh, heh, heh...:halo:

Really though, I personally find these discussions, while fun and intriguing, actually pointless as to Fraggle Fact, because IMO the fraggles are too young to really be in love. They're still just basically kids and pre-adolescents at heart. So I'm glad we never actually had fraggle smoochfests or fraggle love or fraggle dating! lol

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Agreed. Since the question is, "Who is Red in love with" the answer to that is NO ONE. Everyone just assumes, based on Dawsons Creek, who would match up with who. These are puppets that just want to run n dance all day havin fun... not worry whos goin with who to the prom.