Where are all these classic Sesame Street episodes coming from?

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I was gonna post that, but you beat me to it! :smile:

Before there was Grundgetta, there was Hermine.
I feel your pain...and I forgot to mention Grundgetta and I was about to edit my comment when you beat me to it! :wink:

AAPB will be archiving every episode.

That's what I thought.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I wonder if these episodes archived in the AAPB will eventually be available online, if available to registered users, whether paid subscriptions or free?

I do remember seeing a thread about WGBH Boston and some PBS archives deciding to release 4000+ older episodes for public viewing, if visiting the archives. However, I can't seem to find the thread anywhere. Somebody please post the link?

Good news, nonetheless. This will be a benefit for Muppet Wiki for sure.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I highly doubt they’ll ever appear online. Far as I’m concerned, these are episodes you’ll have to travel down to if you want to see them.

Also, I have a question for @scarecroe in regards to posting SS clips on Muppet wiki or Muppet wiki fan pages. This isn’t a request for a clip, but just something i’d like to know for general knowledge (and could also be helpful for everyone on here to know as well, too). On the off chance you felt like posting a song cover clip that isn’t publicly available yet like the full version of “Spinning Wheel,” “The Word,” “What the World Needs Now is Love,” etc, would those particular clips be possibilities we may see in the future or are those clips off limits for posting at the risk of dealing with copyright take downs? If it’s the latter then I totally understand; the last thing you’d want to deal with is the Beatles’ music estate, but I still think this would definitely be helpful to know.

@Oscarfan as the (only other active on this site) Muppet wiki admin, would you also by any chance have any input on this?

datman24

Reaction score
Royalties is a very complicated matter. It’s why whenever old television shows get home media releases after a certain period time, that they often have to cut out or re-edit certain scenes because it may have a copyrighted work on it that they are unable to pay the royalties for. It’s also why the original Muppet Babies will likely never get a complete series release (unless Disney winds up buying every property known to man that they are actually able to secure a release because they will have now own the rights to all those copyrighted clips used on the show).

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Royalties is a very complicated matter. It’s why whenever old television shows get home media releases after a certain period time, that they often have to cut out or re-edit certain scenes because it may have a copyrighted work on it that they are unable to pay the royalties for. It’s also why the original Muppet Babies will likely never get a complete series release (unless Disney winds up buying every property known to man that they are actually able to secure a release because they will have now own the rights to all those copyrighted clips used on the show).
Plus some people owning certain royalties are not willing to use them. Like how the Michael Jackson estate has full control of the Beatles the catalog