When you need to rant...

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Wait...i think I confused myself. You're talking about your friend's relationship with someone else?

Either way why would you personally cut off all ties with female friends if you were in a relationship? It seems silly to me, probably because I don't understand your logic, but to each his own.

Teheheman

Reaction score
If I was in the same situation as she is, ie. If I ever got a girlfriend, I will probably stop talking to women as a precautionary measure. I don't want any accusations and it would also prove my dedication to her. That makes sense to ME at least.

Daniel

Scooterforever

Reaction score
http://blackfridaydeathcount.com

It's sad that this website has a reason to exist, but people just lose it for sales or bargains. I can't imagine anything sale is worth trampling people or putting up with all those lines and crowds.
Very informative website; not only does it list the number of Black Friday deaths and injuries since 2006, but it gives a short summary of each case. I believe it's important people see stuff like this to realize how far we've fallen and that we need to stop this madness. The way people act on BF, it reminds me of a zombie movie, or George Romero's "The Crazies."

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
If I ever got a girlfriend, I will probably stop talking to women as a precautionary measure. I don't want any accusations and it would also prove my dedication to her. That makes sense to ME at least.
No offense but that's a bit extreme. People who have girlfriends/boyfriends talk to the opposite gender all the time. If you had a girlfriend who was that paranoid or possessive, it's not a good relationship.

mr3urious

Reaction score

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Black Friday isn't really the craziest shopping day of the year, as Cracked puts it. The media doesn't bother reporting on any deaths or injuries that occur the rest of the year, and they don't report on the thousands of other stores across the country in which things were just fine.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19572_5-black-friday-myths-media-wants-you-to-believe.html
I love Cracked, longtime fan. I don't think it's half as funny as it used to be, but they've had some truly insightful and well-written articles in the past year. There was one by Mara Wilson about being a child star that actually got nationwide recognition, and a recent one about the dangers of being a prison guard. I'm sure the media exaggerates how bad Black Friday truly is, but facts are facts, and there have still been a handful of deaths and many serious injuries on Black Friday. I think the only store that really has a major problem is Walmart, many of their customers are out of control to begin with, and Black Friday brings out the worst in them. Conversely, on Wednesday I talked to the local manager of a Kohl's who was getting food for the staff from the grocery store I work at for a Black Friday party, and she said it's actually fun for her, and that they keep things safe and organized by letting people in in groups instead of everyone stampeding in at once. So I guess it all comes down to how each store handles Black Friday, but again Walmart is infamously unprofessional so they tend to get the worst of it.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I love Cracked, longtime fan. I don't think it's half as funny as it used to be, but they've had some truly insightful and well-written articles in the past year.
I don't like how the Photoplasty contests have become recently. It just basically amounts to "look up crazy fact and make a collage out of it". Almost no skill involved there.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
I don't like how the Photoplasty contests have become recently. It just basically amounts to "look up crazy fact and make a collage out of it". Almost no skill involved there.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I think they ran out of ideas for the contests so now they just have people doing research. Like I said, I don't think the articles are as funny as they used to be either. They changed writers over the last couple years, I don't think Michael Swaim is a head writer anymore, he just does videos.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
http://blackfridaydeathcount.com

It's sad that this website has a reason to exist, but people just lose it for sales or bargains. I can't imagine anything sale is worth trampling people or putting up with all those lines and crowds.

Doesn't anyone, whether it's Black Friday or January Sales, think to hire more security or get some strict rules and order? I know it's not the store's fault, but I wish more was done so nothing as horrible as this happens again. Or, you know, people weren't so ******* crazy!