When you need to rant...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why don't you just tell her that, if she has a shopper's card to any certain grocery stores, you could load coupons through certain sites.
She does that as well, she's got a card for just about every place you can imagine, even places we rarely, if ever, go to; cards don't really help you save money though, they kind of just accumulate points that go to certain things, like say, taking a few cents off per gallon of gas and such.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Apparently there's this trend of teenagers going around sucker punching passers-by in a "game" of "Knockout", and a couple of people have died from it. The news is going crazy about it similar to those "warnings" about kids supposedly getting high off ordinary household products or asphyxiating themselves for sexual pleasure, making it seem like every single kid is doing it these days. :rolleyes:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Apparently there's this trend of teenagers going around sucker punching passers-by in a "game" of "Knockout", and a couple of people have died from it. The news is going crazy about it similar to those "warnings" about kids supposedly getting high off ordinary household products or asphyxiating themselves for sexual pleasure, making it seem like every single kid is doing it these days. :rolleyes:
My local news station did a panic story about it, complete with grainy YouTube video footage and "warnings" from local police. Have to manufacture panic somehow!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Stuff like that spreads like wildfire, so I guess by making it look worse than it really is somehow tries to get the message across more bluntly to get parents to get their teens to stop doing crap like this? I don't know. The only thing I ever had to put up with when I was a teenager was stinging hornets (where teens would shoot paper clips or folded pieces of paper at the back of your head from a rubberband,which did feel a lot like a bee sting).

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've already had this rant somewhere, but these media induced moral panics are driving me batty. I feel like I'm at the end of Soylent Green shouting "THESE MORAL PANICS ARE BULLCRAP! THESE MORAL PANICS ARE BULLCRAP!"

2 kids are stupid enough to huff spoiled milk or tie their... uh... parts to one end of a rope, and the other end of the rope to a car bumper then EVERY kid does it. It spreads through Mommy Blogs written by overprotective dimbos then some gazort in some local news outlet passes it off as a story, and it's not too long before the already biased, panic exploiting cable and national news sources shove it down your throat.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I've already had this rant somewhere, but these media induced moral panics are driving me batty. I feel like I'm at the end of Soylent Green shouting "THESE MORAL PANICS ARE BULLCRAP! THESE MORAL PANICS ARE BULLCRAP!"

2 kids are stupid enough to huff spoiled milk or tie their... uh... parts to one end of a rope, and the other end of the rope to a car bumper then EVERY kid does it. It spreads through Mommy Blogs written by overprotective dimbos then some gazort in some local news outlet passes it off as a story, and it's not too long before the already biased, panic exploiting cable and national news sources shove it down your throat.
But on the bright side, eventually clips like these will surface on "World's Dumbest" and we can share the last laugh with Tonya, Danny and Leif.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Not anymore: Tonya, Danny, and Leif are gone. Matter of fact, half of the old cast is gone at the point: we still have Brad Loekle, Bryan Callen (the only two from the VERY beginning), Billy Kimball, John Enos, Ted Jessup, Daisy Gardner, Mike Trainor, Mike Britt, and Jaime Andrews, but at the same time we've also lost Judy Gold, Loni Love, Chuck Nice, Frank Stallone, Chelsea Peretti, Daniel Baldwin, Nick DiPaolo, Roger Lodge, Chris Strait, Gary Busey, Michael Loftus, Wes Dening, Jessie Cantrell, among others.

We still have some of the more recent additions like Chris Fairbanks, Jamie Lee, Rachel Feinstein, and Brendan Walsh, but other than that, they have a completely new cast of commentators now of a bunch of E and F-listers nobody's ever heard of before... and Gilbert Gottfried. Not only that, but they've kind of changed the format of the show from being a strictly celebrity commentary show to being some kind of weird hybrid of a celebrity commentary show and a sketch comedy show.

They do have some better-looking graphics now (they're blue instead of yellow/orange), but other than that, the new WORLD'S DUMBEST... sucks.

From what I understand, though, Chelsea is on that new Andy Samberg show on FOX, Danny and Todd were recently on Oprah's OWN channel and seem to be doing really well these days, Leif was on HLN recently talking about Miley's twerking episode from a washed-up teen idol's perspective (and seemed completely stoned and out of it the entire interview), and I think Loni's coming out with a book. Not sure what the rest of the old cast is up to these days.

Drtooth

Reaction score
But on the bright side, eventually clips like these will surface on "World's Dumbest" and we can share the last laugh with Tonya, Danny and Leif.
Seems like fodder for Cracked. They've been doing some serious media moral panic busting lately.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Not anymore: Tonya, Danny, and Leif are gone. Matter of fact, half of the old cast is gone at the point: we still have Brad Loekle, Bryan Callen (the only two from the VERY beginning), Billy Kimball, John Enos, Ted Jessup, Daisy Gardner, Mike Trainor, Mike Britt, and Jaime Andrews, but at the same time we've also lost Judy Gold, Loni Love, Chuck Nice, Frank Stallone, Chelsea Peretti, Daniel Baldwin, Nick DiPaolo, Roger Lodge, Chris Strait, Gary Busey, Michael Loftus, Wes Dening, Jessie Cantrell, among others.

We still have some of the more recent additions like Chris Fairbanks, Jamie Lee, Rachel Feinstein, and Brendan Walsh, but other than that, they have a completely new cast of commentators now of a bunch of E and F-listers nobody's ever heard of before... and Gilbert Gottfried. Not only that, but they've kind of changed the format of the show from being a strictly celebrity commentary show to being some kind of weird hybrid of a celebrity commentary show and a sketch comedy show.

They do have some better-looking graphics now (they're blue instead of yellow/orange), but other than that, the new WORLD'S DUMBEST... sucks.

From what I understand, though, Chelsea is on that new Andy Samberg show on FOX, Danny and Todd were recently on Oprah's OWN channel and seem to be doing really well these days, Leif was on HLN recently talking about Miley's twerking episode from a washed-up teen idol's perspective (and seemed completely stoned and out of it the entire interview), and I think Loni's coming out with a book. Not sure what the rest of the old cast is up to these days.
Losing Gary Busey is no skin off my nose, but is Todd Bridges still there?