When you need to rant...

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Doesn't anyone, whether it's Black Friday or January Sales, think to hire more security or get some strict rules and order? I know it's not the store's fault, but I wish more was done so nothing as horrible as this happens again. Or, you know, people weren't so ******* crazy!
My mom went to a store Thursday night after dinner, and she said there was added security at the store to keep the peace and deal with the crowds. I just think that some stores want to save money and skimp on security, or the incidents happen in places like the parking lots where security can't really be.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Let's just say the real problem is BOTH the stores and the customers. The bargains actually aren't bad, but they're certainly nothing worth camping out for. Those people only camp out for the completely understocked TV's that are only for the first 100 customers. Most everything else is just the same amount Friday and Saturday nights. I was able to get a 12 dollar Monsters University action figure at TRU for 3 bucks. That's not shabby. All well after the crowds and the rush. In fact, the only slight problem I had was TRU's aisles were a mess.

The crowding and pushing, while the store is to blame for lax security, that's all impatient morons.

But I completely agree... Black Friday is for those easily fooled into thinking you'll get a huge bargain. Meanwhile, you only hear about a shocking 2 or 3 incidents every year.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It might only amount to 2 or 3 incidents every year, but it's still 2 or 3 too many.
And both the stores and the customers are accountable. The stores feed on peoples' desires to think they're getting the deal of the century, and some customers' insatiable greed. Nothing is worth getting trampled over for.

And more often than not, it's Wal-Mart that gets fingers pointed in its blue direction.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Worse things happen other times of the year, but it gets a blurb on the local news (local of the store where the stuff goes down), if anything. I remember 2 incidents here of homemade bombs being found near 2 different Kohls, and thy didn't even get a follow up. It's yet another case of the media sensationalizing something to cause fake moral panics and polarize people.

But I do agree... 2 or 3 incidents is 20 too many. And it's both the stores and moron customers to blame. Seriously, if it's 2 words that both the stores and customers need to learn, it's "Single File."

And it's hardly a new thing. Darkwing Duck had a whole plot reference devoted to it. That's why Bushroot wanted to destroy Christmas. He got the crap beat out of him during Christmas Shopping.

Teheheman

Reaction score
My thoughts on that are that, unless these companies stop having the first ___ customers get this, that or the other, then you're gonna continue to have this and it's only gonna get worse every year.

Daniel

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, I have 2 major complaints about Black Friday.

1) to base the entire season's sales on one day is ridiculous and proof that investors don't know what the heck they're doing. News outlets can't seem to make up their minds if this a loss or a win. Friday was down from last year, but only because more stores opened Thursday, in which case we're slightly up... and somehow, some greedy stock holders with the attention span of a 2 year old will call it a loss anyway.

and
2) What the heck about Sunday? How come all the sales stop at Sunday? Instead of pushing Black Friday earlier into Wednesday (Trust me on this one... it's going to happen), they should expand these sales in the other direction. You miss out one day, and you can't get any 2 and 4 dollar DVD's.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You realize it's already happened, don't you? This entire week was one week-long Black Friday sale; retails "said" it was because they were hoping to help boost the economy... they said...

Drtooth

Reaction score
...and yet, no Sunday. That's pretty, well... stupid if you ask me.

And it only helps the economy out a tiny bit if anything, and that's only if the reports come back saying it's better than last year.

Though to be fair, a lot of those DVD's they have on sale for to 2 and 4 dollars would probably go unsold anyway and have to be marked down to 5 anyway. I managed to get Hotel Transylvania for 4 so I have something to do for next Halloween. See... I can go to a Black Friday sale and plan my purchases for a month shy of a year in advance.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, here's another one of my technology rants, and I KNOW I've gone through this specific rant before, but it bears needing to be repeated.

So, it's only been, what, within the last year or so since Internet Explorer 10 was released? So yeah, I have IE10 and all, but you know what? Apparently, it's ALREADY outdated, because I keep getting different "error messages" and even EMAILS from servers telling me that my browser is no longer supported, and that I need to upgrade to the latest one.

I JUST DID THAT! I JUST, FRICKEN, DID THAT! And again, it's only been withing the last year too! How can a browser be outdated in just ONE year? I mean, if it works, and it serves its purpose (to browse the internet), then why do we need to upgrade again so soon? If it ain't broke, why fix it? (Well, okay, IE10 WAS rushed because IE9 was hacked, but that's besides the point). Kind of reminds me YEARS ago when I was using IE6 and I kept getting badgered into upgrading to IE7, and so finally, when various different websites intentionally stopped working properly in IE6, I did upgrade to IE7... and THEN you know what happened? I was badgered into upgrade to IE8.

WHY?! That's all I have to ask... WHY?!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Because Internet Explorer is no longer being supported by a lot of website designers. Browsers display things differently and one bit of code may not even function at all in one browser but works just fine in another. There are many commonly used web designing codes that are not supported by internet explorer, and web designers need to take extra time to make sure they use codes that are. And a lot of developers just said screw it.