When you need to rant...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
You always try to convince me the Republicans are bad. And I always have to explain that I agree. You don't have to convince me. It's just that I don't see the Democrats as being any better.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not saying you have to agree. I'm just trying to give a deeper understanding of what's going on. The Dems were given a "Heads I win, Tails You" lose situation by the Tea Party elected jerks. If there has been a time when it was one party and one party alone's fault, it was this. The Shut Down was something they wanted, and they got it, now they're passing the blame to everyone else but them while refusing to give a true compromise. Sure, we could blame the Dems for not kowtowing to the right's every whim. But that's like blaming the parents for their kid's temper tantrum, no matter what they do to try to get the kid to shut up.

And above all, a gaping minority of Americans want the things the right's been doing. We're a majority rules country. The very same people who were whining about how everything is destroying the country is in fact destroying the country. The complete nutjobs that wanted the government shutdown are actually not happy with the shutdown. So basically, we're catering to a child who's throwing a scene in a store to get a movie they only want because they think they want it, and then whining about how it's their parent's fault for getting him this terrible movie. Our fate lies in the hands of ill behaved children with the emotional maturity and intelligence to match. We could talk about the Dems and how they're the sit back and take it party and whine about the one thing that they do that we don't like, or we can be angry at the vocal minority (owned by the Koch Brothers) that's doing everything the majority of the country doesn't want.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Not saying you have to agree.
LOL, I DO agree about the Republicans. You don't agree with me that the Democrats are just as bad.

You're saying it's deeper and I get that but it just feels like the usual "this party's not as bad" stuff that I don't buy into.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Today I looked up my rep in the House of Representatives and sent him an E-mail. It was tricky, saying what I wanted to say while maintaining a polite tone, but I think I managed it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
LOL, I DO agree about the Republicans. You don't agree with me that the Democrats are just as bad.

You're saying it's deeper and I get that but it just feels like the usual "this party's not as bad" stuff that I don't buy into.
Not so much as not as bad, but bad in different ways. But the one thing that really gets under my skin is the whole Nanny state crap about junk foods and beverages above 16 ounces... I mean, could they make any more fuel for the anti-government nuts? No. You don't ban food ingredients. You shame them. There's a variety of other things that bugs me about that party (they're the ones that tacked on that idiotic TV/EI bit to FCC deregulation in the 90's, among other things).

Not to mention the housing collapse was both parties' faults. One for deregulation, one for passing supposed do-gooder legislature about home loans that idiots took advantage of. Especially home flippers. Home flippers are Fred Flintstone. They fall into get rich quick schemes that bite them on the butt hard. So yes. There are cases that both parties can do a lot of damage. Unfortunately, throwing a third party in there doesn't seem like it's going to be all that better. The only valid third party is Libertarianism, and that's what the Tea Party should have voted. At least they're sincere about their Social Darwinism. Trust me... I looked into that, and for every common sense good idea, there was like 3 or 4 "old prospector sitting on his porch with a blunderbuss protecting a microscopic gold nugget" ideas that you know the corporations would take advantage of.

The REAL problems aren't even either party, but the corporations and their little toadying lackeys buying up as much government as possible. A whopping majority of Americans want better background checks for gun ownership so they can get into the hands of responsible people and not the same crazy idiots that kill innocent people. It's like 90%. You think we're going to get that? No! The NRA pays lobbyists to make sure you can get an AK47 easier than you can get a driver's license. So, again, majority rule gets ruled out by a minority. This one happens to have a crapload of money.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, we're probably going to freaking default and cause a world wide financial catastrophe rivaling the 2008 financial meltdown, and at least that was corporations to blame. It's official. Minority anarchists rule. I can't believe the Tea Party actually whined when someone called them terrorists, since what they've wrought is something that Al Qaeda could only dream about.

I'm going to agree with Saturday Night Live...

"It's always nice to see a vocal minority get what they want... congratulations on soiling yourselves into power."

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Why do ppl duck when it's raining.YOU CANT DODGE RAIN.
Lol, you know I never thought of that.

If men developed from apes....why do we still have apes,WHO GOT LEFT BEHIND?!
I would ask a science book. :wink:

Why do cat food jar say "better taste than before"WHO TESTED IT?!?!?!
They gave it to the test cat and it didn't scratch them afterward so they figured that was a good sign.

Why does the pizza delivery come faster than an ambulance?
That was actually a huge problem for Dominoes in the '80s. They rushed to get deliveries done so quickly they ended up causing accidents.

Why do people order diet coke.....with a doublecheese burger and fries,YOUR STILL GONNA GET FAT!!!!
Thank you! I HATE Diet Coke. Drink WATER, people!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Why does twinkle twinkle little star and the ABC song have the same tune?
The ABC song came later, only as a means to teach the correct order of the alphabet to little kids. But quandary... how come Twinkle Twinkle and Ba Ba Black Sheep have the same tune?
Why does the pizza delivery come faster than an ambulance?
Better question. Why does an ambulance ride cost more than taking a limo to the hospital? Long rant about the health care system aside, the pizza companies usually do a better job.

Why do people order diet coke.....with a doublecheese burger and fries,YOUR STILL GONNA GET FAT!!!!
Diabetics, and those who can't digest corn sweeteners properly. Diet drinks aren't that much better as our stupid kidneys still think it's sugar, but if you're diabetic, it's essentially all you can drink.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Diabetics, and those who can't digest corn sweeteners properly. Diet drinks aren't that much better as our stupid kidneys still think it's sugar, but if you're diabetic, it's essentially all you can drink.
There's also taste preference.