When you need to rant...

newsmanfan

Reaction score
What's the deal with Toddlers & Tiaras? I mean everybody is always complaining about that show and everything, why is it still on the air? Same with Dance Moms. Who runs the FCC these days anyway?
*cut to INT. shot: FCC Regulation Committee Room. At the central table we see HOMER SIMPSON, a number of FAZOOBS, and PINKY (sans BRAIN)*

-----------------

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, here's a genuine rant that's been rattling around in the back of my mind...

When puppeteers out there try TOO hard to be just like the Muppets, even to the point that they try desperately to come up with their own Muppet-esque name for their puppets, and the end results always sound absolutely terrible... it's one thing to draw inspiration and influence from the Muppets, but it's another thing to basically try to be just like them in almost every way imaginable.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Insecurities? They might not feel like they can amount to anything if they don't emulate what is popular.

Semi-related story: For the longest time I only drew in Garfield style. Badly, but my "style" had all the things that make garfield Garfield. I drew this way for years...at least until like 10th grade. I'm a sophomore in college. Do the math. But I was scared to try something new. I know I'm not a good artist by any stretch of the imagination, but I thought that I would be worse if I didn't copy the Garfield style.

Can you imagine this guy in Garfield style? Cause he was one of my first characters ever created...yeah...

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
If drinking and driving don't mix, why do bars have parking lots?

Even more perplexing- on the tv news, when they show the weather, and give the 5-day forecast,(Monday rainy, Tuesday sunny, etc.) for sunny days, they show the sun wearing sunglasses.

WHY IS THE SUN WEARING SUNGLASSES????!!!!

mr3urious

Reaction score
Okay, here's a genuine rant that's been rattling around in the back of my mind...

When puppeteers out there try TOO hard to be just like the Muppets, even to the point that they try desperately to come up with their own Muppet-esque name for their puppets, and the end results always sound absolutely terrible... it's one thing to draw inspiration and influence from the Muppets, but it's another thing to basically try to be just like them in almost every way imaginable.
Wimzie's House was once such show that got them in legal trouble for that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wimzie's House was once such show that got them in legal trouble for that.
I still don't understand why the one particular show was singled out... I mean, look at The Great Space Coaster, The Puzzle Place, Between the Lions, etc... each of these shows, including Wimzie's House, had Henson people working on them, so I don't understand why just one of them ends up in legal trouble and the others don't.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I'm gonna guess the puppets on Wimzie's House resembled the muppet style too much