What sketches scared you as a kid?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
squirrelboy said:
I have a couple of sketches were very uneasy for me too,

1) Danger is no stranger song. It's a nice song if you don't have to look at everything around you, but the second I saw that guy hanging from ropes playing a piano, that freaked me out! Now if I see that sketch on, it's not as scary anymore.

Hope this helps,
squirrelboy
You can find "Danger's No Stranger" on youtube.

ilovekermy

Reaction score
Two things that scared me as a kid..

1/ The count.. i dont know why.. maybe i because i dont like numbers? or i didnt like thunder? i think its the numbers.. but he scared me for the long time! but now i like him.. i love his laugh...

2/ The two headed monster... those guys scared me.. now as an adult, i enjo seeing them...funny its brings back memories.. especially when Ernie and Big bird play there wheres Ernie game? Somehow they are always in that skit?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Oh yeah,I forgot to add in the opening to "Mysterious Theater" used to REALLY scare me when I was little,especially when the camera zoomed into the dark graveside after the title appeared on it.

wiley207

Reaction score
bigjeffy said:
Oh yeah,I forgot to add in the opening to "Mysterious Theater" used to REALLY scare me when I was little,especially when the camera zoomed into the dark graveside after the title appeared on it.
Well, speaking of "Mysterious Theater" and that opening, I am writing a very interesting fan fiction about Herry Monster being a werewolf, and it is hosted by Vincent Twice and features that opening. I am posting it on this forum right now!

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I recall a sketch where Kermit had a set of human-looking teeth in his mouth (not to be confused with the fangs he had on the Vincent Price ep. of TMS). I forgot what the point of this segment was (maybe how to care for your teeth?) but it really freaked me out as a kid, seeing my ol' pal Kermit suddenly open his mouth and reveal some very real-looking choppers! :eek:

squirrelboy

Reaction score
Hello again, squirrelboy here:

I just thought of a few other sketchers that are scary.

1) Does anyone remember the sketch where this kids dog pretends to be an alligator? That was actually quite freaky when I was young.

2) The ABC's done with fireworks took me by suprise when I was very young.

3) Even the falling baker sketches were a little scary (at the beginning) when the same number would keep repeating itself, now when I see them on youtube (2 - 10), they aren't as scary as they used to be. I just wish someone out there would post the one for the "1" sketch, (if there was a 1 sketch) so I could see them all.

I hope this helps. And thanks "Big Jeffy" for your support!

squirrelboy

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
squirrelboy said:
1) Does anyone remember the sketch where this kids dog pretends to be an alligator? That was actually quite freaky when I was young.
Oh yes, that one was terrifying! What was the point of that?! Lol

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
squirrelboy said:
Hello again, squirrelboy here:

I just thought of a few other sketchers that are scary.

2) The ABC's done with fireworks took me by suprise when I was very young.

3) Even the falling baker sketches were a little scary (at the beginning) when the same number would keep repeating itself, now when I see them on youtube (2 - 10), they aren't as scary as they used to be. I just wish someone out there would post the one for the "1" sketch, (if there was a 1 sketch) so I could see them all.

I hope this helps. And thanks "Big Jeffy" for your support!

squirrelboy
You're welcome squirrelboy.:big_grin:

squirrelboy

Reaction score
Hello, squirrelboy here.

I just thought of 2 scary sketch(s):

They are both in black & white (they look more like old movies than sketches), but still.

1) A lady is yelling HELP!! from a burning building, the guy recuses her, but nearly gets killed towards the end.

2) The same goes for Long - Short car. This guy keeps pulling on the end of this car - it finally locks into a long posistion, then he takes off and then the car stalls out in the middle of a railroad track (with a train coming)!! And the narrator has the nerve to say: "I think the car is going to be short again, very - WATCH OUT!!". I'm sure you know what happened next, don't you?

Scary indeed.

muppeteer

Reaction score
I cant believe no one mentioned this skit. It was the where the count was counting sheep and they were jumping over his bed. The the sheep get tired of jumping and go on strike. So then the count has to call the emergency counting service and this big fat blue guy comes over in a sheep suit and starts jumping over the bed. I was mortified. This skit still haunts me to this day. Just the way the count was in his bedroom and there were candles and the volume of it all. That and when the sheep jumped over the bed there was this extremly high pitched whistle. I was in therapy for years.