What sketches scared you as a kid?

Jonathan

Reaction score
What Sketches scared you as a kid

Noithing From Sesame Street realy scared me.
But on the Vienson Prise Muppet Show I was scared for life!!!
It was the dicsion panel where Gorgen Heap ate Kermit. I was 5 and i dint watch the Muppet Show for Weeks!!! :eek:

Splurge

Reaction score
To this day, I still find something a little creepy about the cow "jumping" in the skit where Kermit reports on the "Hey Diddle Diddle" rhyme. Maybe it's the sound, or the very visible marionette strings. Or a combination of the two. :smile:

jrod

Reaction score
Are there any dvds that contain these scary, dada-esque scenes? I am interested in watching them again. The one that majorly scared me was the pbs logo with the tri colored pbs heads. The synthesizer would go "bliiiiiiiiiiing-de-de-DE-deeeeeeeee". That's the only one I have on vhs. I also have 3 episodes of Electric Company n some of that is scary too, like "Spidey", the silhouette heads, and the floating letters in space.

scooter289

Reaction score
The sketches on Sesame Street which scared me as a kid were The one where Bert and Ernie are in that temple with the sarcophagi that looked like them. Also, the Muppet News Flash: Humpty Dumpty sketch, that egg looked really scary man and he still does. I also think the Java Muppet shown on Muppet Moments in the attic scared me but I'm not sue if that counts as a skecth or not

ponamytrail

Reaction score
Ok, last one for awhile. My sister and I began piecing this one together, so I would think that it had to be old. Once again, it is fragmentary, and alot may be remembered wrong.

It was an "on the wall" skit, where Kermit was trying to demonstrate something. Herbert used to do this too, making Grover run way into the background to retrieve colored blocks until he fell over from exhaustion.

Kermit was explaining the concept of "in", and had a Grover-looking monster (my sister insists in wasn't the traditional Grover, and that was scary enough) helping, along with an enormous pink box. They had to pan out to get it all in the screenshot.

Kermit wanted the Grover monster to get "in" the box, but he would instead get under it, next to it, on it....etc. Kermit gets frustrated.

Finally, the scary part is that an ENORMOUS monster comes out of the top! It was green and unlike any other muppet, (It looked a little like a yak) and I think Kermit faints or runs away.

Grover seems unaffected and greets the monster by name, something like, "Hi, Bill"

We knew that big box was bad news from the get-go.

Again, this could all be remembered wrong.

***And here's one that may have been the Electric Company, but I'll toss it up, hoping someone remembers. It was an animated short with 2 caterpillars. The voice and eyes were horrible. The one caterpillar kept harrassing the other saying something like, "You don't get it, caterpillar!! You JIVE, GREEEEEEEN caterpillar!! Caterpillars never, never NEVER never.....wear brown boots!"
I had nightmares of that awful little bug too.

G-MAN

Reaction score
12)The opera singers(upsidedown faces of Jim & Jerry).

Thank you, I had nearly forgotten about them, that sketch used to creep me out too, but now at least, I'm able to watch it without flinching, much

mikebennidict

Reaction score
ponamytrail said:
Ok, last one for awhile. My sister and I began piecing this one together, so I would think that it had to be old. Once again, it is fragmentary, and alot may be remembered wrong.

It was an "on the wall" skit, where Kermit was trying to demonstrate something. Herbert used to do this too, making Grover run way into the background to retrieve colored blocks until he fell over from exhaustion.

Kermit was explaining the concept of "in", and had a Grover-looking monster (my sister insists in wasn't the traditional Grover, and that was scary enough) helping, along with an enormous pink box. They had to pan out to get it all in the screenshot.

Kermit wanted the Grover monster to get "in" the box, but he would instead get under it, next to it, on it....etc. Kermit gets frustrated.

Finally, the scary part is that an ENORMOUS monster comes out of the top! It was green and unlike any other muppet, (It looked a little like a yak) and I think Kermit faints or runs away.

Grover seems unaffected and greets the monster by name, something like, "Hi, Bill"

We knew that big box was bad news from the get-go.

Again, this could all be remembered wrong.

***And here's one that may have been the Electric Company, but I'll toss it up, hoping someone remembers. It was an animated short with 2 caterpillars. The voice and eyes were horrible. The one caterpillar kept harrassing the other saying something like, "You don't get it, caterpillar!! You JIVE, GREEEEEEEN caterpillar!! Caterpillars never, never NEVER never.....wear brown boots!"
I had nightmares of that awful little bug too.
no the catterpiller cartoon was indeed SS. i wonder who was songing and doing the voices for both catterpillars? it sounds familliar like i heard it somewhere else.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
no the catterpiller cartoon was indeed SS. i wonder who was songing and doing the voices for both catterpillars? it sounds familliar like i heard it somewhere else.
I'm guessing it was Joe Tex.

Contessa

Reaction score
Baby Rowlf said:
I think the scariest Sesame Street skit I've ever seen is this one where the Count is counting bones, and this skeleton that's hanging near him starts laughing. That TERRIFIED me!!!
That would scare me too. :eek: