What sketches scared you as a kid?

Soul H

Reaction score
There were three things that scared the bojangles out of me:

1. A little ditty by Smokey Robinson where he got chased by a letter.

2. When the Beetles sang a song and at the end an enormous letter was about to crunch them.

3. These letters made out of sand. Then the letter would desintigrage playing creepy music, and the sand would form and animal beginning with that letter.

If you could refresh my memory about any of these sketches, it would really help me a lot.

Pino

Reaction score
I cant recal a skit that scared me, but I do know this...
Bert and Ernie in the Egyptian Pyramid is never shown in the Netherlands, because the producers think its to scary for kids...
Pitty.. I heared it on mp3 but are curious about the skit!

neoyodie

Reaction score
The Yip-Yip Martians, totally. "Yip yip yip yip yip yip yip."

If anyone actually watched that Elmopalooza thing, there's a scene with Grover chauffering (sp?) the Sesame Street residents to what I think was Radio City Music Hall. Some how they ended up in Roswell, New Mexico and actually got abducted by the Martians!!! Even though I was ten when I saw that it scared the crap out of me. Still does, actually.

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
Pino said:
I cant recal a skit that scared me, but I do know this...
Bert and Ernie in the Egyptian Pyramid is never shown in the Netherlands, because the producers think its to scary for kids...
Pitty.. I heared it on mp3 but are curious about the skit!
Well, the producers know what they're talking about--that skit scared me as a kid. Actually, I know a lot of other people were are afraid of that skit too.

The skit takes place obviously in an old, dark Egyptian tomb. All I remember is Bert looking around and opening up a coffin and there's a "mummy" Ernie inside. It must be something about the look on Ernie's face (just a hint of a smirk) but it just creeps me out. I believe others have posteda more detailed description of this skit earlier in the thread...

drmusic_99

Reaction score
First, I'll get out of the way that this is my first post.

Anyway, one SS sketch that creeped me out somewhat was the one where Bert and Ernie (I think) are having problems with their TV... it does nothing but show the letter "H", and a voice says "H...H...H...H...H" over and over again. That voice, and the sfx that accompanied it, were rather frightening.

Splurge

Reaction score
I still find this a little creepy, a fun kind of creepy, though.

Kermit is counting "happy little Twiddlebugs" that appear behind the wall. The one that's made from the tall narrow orange Anything Muppet is the one that's kinda weird.

Also, it's not particularly "little". :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
drmusic_99 said:
Anyway, one SS sketch that creeped me out somewhat was the one where Bert and Ernie (I think) are having problems with their TV... it does nothing but show the letter "H", and a voice says "H...H...H...H...H" over and over again. That voice, and the sfx that accompanied it, were rather frightening.
I'd have to see that one... that just seems more "Wierd" than scary to me...

Blind Pew

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
ANother one that sent me screaming was this animation (if you could call it that!) of an elephant counting to twenty. I was frightened by the Spanish version. It was so long too! He counted twice and everytime he got to fourteen, he'd angrilly repeat it (Fourteen) over and over until it appeared on screen!
How about the kid eating spaghetti with his feet? :confused:

Splurge

Reaction score
The Orange Singing Carmen was kinda creepy, particularly when she couldn't hit the right note on L'amour.... and that last sour note before her face came apart, albeit briefly and temporarily. :smile:

Censored

Reaction score
Splurge said:
The Orange Singing Carmen was kinda creepy, particularly when she couldn't hit the right note on L'amour.... and that last sour note before her face came apart, albeit briefly and temporarily. :smile:

Funny, that was always one of my favorites. Mainly because I loved the idea of inanimate objects coming to life.

BTW, the singing orange should not be confused with the much later orange made out of claymation for which there were several skits. She may have been inspired by the original singing orange, but she came years later. Does anyone remember the claymation orange's name?