What made you think today?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
To me a show can either get better or stale. I find it comes down to network decisions and changing of writers and what have you.

Some shows that have lasted 8 and 10 seasons actually got better for me - Regular Show and Mystery Science Theater 3000 fit that category.

Muppets02

Reaction score
I did recently find and watch this interview Alexis Joy did with Carolyn Lawrence, who is best known for voicing Sandy Cheeks in SpongeBob SquarePants, and Cindy Vortex in The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius.

I did particularly enjoy watching this interview, as you can really see how passionate Carolyn Lawrence is about her work, and she talks about how she has a bond with her fellow castmates.
I did notice she has done quite a lot of these interviews during this year, given how this year is the the 25th anniversary of SpongeBob SquarePants, and how there was apparently a movie centering on Sandy Cheeks that came out during this year.
To be honest, if it were not for these interviews, I probably would have not even noticed how how the SpongeBob franchise is still continuing to churn out as much as content as possible. It definitely has continued to be a very overexposed franchise at this point, and there is apparently even a fourth theatrical movie that is coming out in 2025.
However, I do think Carolyn Lawrence is an excellent voice actress, and I am glad she is getting a little more attention and recognition for her work during this year. I do feel that voice actors and voice actresses deserve a lot more credit and recognition than they are given in the industry.
After all, the point I am trying to make is that even if none of us are pleased with the state of these franchises, there are at least some positive elements to these situations.

Last edited: