What made you think today?

Any Del

Reaction score
On this very day 20 years ago, my 2 year old self was crying over the fact that the television broadcast of Elmo's World: Wild Wild West was interrupted by scenes of planes hitting the towers, people panicking and etc.

20 years later my 22 year old self attended a service at my church with firefighters grieving not only the people who lost their lives, but grieving over the family I never had.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
That’s something Mr. Rogers discussed soon after 9/11. While there was terror and fear going on around them, people were still brave enough to help others. Police, firemen, and EMTs rescuing people trapped even as the towers collapsed on them.

The passengers on the plane that crashed in Shanksville , PA. The plane was targeted to hit the White House. They heard their plane was hijacked, and they were going to die. But they fought the terrorists and brought the plane down where it crashed in a field. They died, but they saved many others from getting killed. You can’t get braver than that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I wonder how much longer this trend is going to continue of these pop starlets transitioning into movie careers thinking they can act but they really can't?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I gotta be honest, Twitter has become even more of an eye-opener for me lately . . . when I see these "stan" accounts on Twitter and such, I definitely understand now why people found my obsessive fawning over and posting about Kathy Greenwood so many ages and moons ago so froggin' annoying, because that's exactly what these "stan" accounts are. Let's all be glad I wasn't on Twitter back then, let alone the fact that Twitter didn't even exist yet!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I’ve never been on Twitter.
I’ve never been on Instagram.
I’ve never been on tumblr.
I’ve never been on MySpace in its brief life.
If I go on Facebook once a month, that’s a lot.

The social media world can go on without me for all I care.
It’s a mutual feeling. They don’t seem to miss me, I don’t miss them. And life still goes on.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I gotta be honest, Twitter has become even more of an eye-opener for me lately . . . when I see these "stan" accounts on Twitter and such, I definitely understand now why people found my obsessive fawning over and posting about Kathy Greenwood so many ages and moons ago so froggin' annoying, because that's exactly what these "stan" accounts are. Let's all be glad I wasn't on Twitter back then, let alone the fact that Twitter didn't even exist yet!
And now, honestly, I've finally had to just go ahead and unfollow somebody on Twitter for this very reason, because theirs was essentially one of those "stan" accounts, and I just got tired of seeing their shrines and devotions to a certain celebrity they're smitten with in cluttering my feed. Again, it's really opened my eyes to how annoyingly obsessive I was about Kathy Greenwood when I was younger.
I’ve never been on tumblr.
Neither have I, and honestly, I never saw the point of it either . . . I mean, how is it honestly any different from Instagram, other than, apparently, there's no rules against posting X-rated media?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I’m just thinking of my grandparents. I was fortunate to have all four of them when I was growing up. It fascinated me to learn about how life was in the 1920s, how they survived the Depression, WWII, good times and bad.
Until I was six, my great-grandmother was still alive. There’s one big family picture, I was just a toddler, but there were four generations in the Lafferty/ Gallagher family.
I’m also intrigued what different people call Grandma and Grandpa. I had two Grandpa’s, but like Jerry Seinfeld, I had two Nana’s. (And Snowthy, nobody ever hung up on my Nana).
Since then MeeMaw and Pop-Pop came along.
My last surviving grandmother lived to be 96.
If you have grandpare in your life, you are blessed.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Both of my dad’s parents are dead, but both of my mom’s parents are still alive (my maternal grandpa turns 72 on Thursday).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I never really had much of a relationship with any of my grandparents.

Both of my dad's parents were dead by the time I came along, and as for my mom's parents, they're a different story. I only met her biological father once, but as I understand it, he was extremely abusive and possessive, so she and her mom basically fled from him when she was still a kid. Otherwise, her stepdad/adoptive father was the grandfather I knew, he was my papaw, but admittedly, I didn't know him for very long . . . by the time I was eight-years-old, and after he had a car accident, he gradually slipped deeper and deeper into Alzheimer's, so he spent his last several years of his life in one nursing home after another, and I hardly ever saw him except for certain occasions, and even then, his quality of life deteriorated until he passed away on April Fool's Day in 2005 - I couldn't even go to the funeral or burial service, because my dad and I were both sick with the flu.

As for my nana (my mom's mom) . . . she was always incredibly distant, and I barely had a relationship with her . . . she certainly didn't fit the typical grandmotherly role of a sweet little old lady with a penchant for pinching cheeks and baking cookies - if I ever had to stay with her, she basically just let the TV babysit while she did her own thing. Likewise, she succumbed to dementia a few years ago and also passed away . . . I really hate to say this, but honestly, I felt no sense of loss when she passed, and I don't believe my mom did either.