What made you think today?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Back in my day, it was actually a pretty big deal for our favorite shows to actually get a fifth season or even a sixth season, because the four-season contractual standard seemed to be strictly adhered to, so if any show managed to actually be renewed beyond its fourth season, that was genuinely exciting.

Fast-forward to today, where it would seem that such a standard has long been abandoned, and now fans actually start hating shows once they reach their fourth or so season, and the more seasons it gets renewed for, the more hate it generates . . . so much so in fact that it almost feels like it could be a trope of its own: "They Renewed/Uncanceled It, Now It Sucks."

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean I'm not really picky on that, I've seen shows that start to drag a bit by six seasons, some by five, some by four, some even by three. I really just see it as a case of writing and what have you. In fact, I've seen shows actually get better as the series progresses.

Mystery Science Theater 3000 and Regular Show are both good examples.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
For me it really depends on the quality of the episodes like for me I thought EEnE drop significantly when it reached five and changed the setting, interesting idea on paper but execution was lacking to say the least.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Agreed. It kind of deviated away from the point of the show, at least I think . . . but, at the same time, I suppose after four seasons already, there were only so many other story and plot ideas they could've done in this "perpetual summer vacation" motif; putting them back in school would have opened the doors for new and fresh scenarios and situations, and it did, but I agree, there was something about the execution of it all that just felt off. And come to think of it . . . why were Sarah and Jimmy in the same school as the others when they're supposed to be considerably younger?

But yeah, it's a double-edged sword . . . which route to go: "It's The Same, Now It Sucks!" or "They Changed It, Now It Sucks!"?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The fact that “season six” literally only had one episode though.

Last edited:

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Another issue with season five was how everything seemed abandoned, it’s unnerving how there was no other students with them besides the regulars. Summer you don’t really question but when school starts, yeahhh.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The school season is basically when I lost complete interest in the series….. it really felt like it was just beating a dead horse by that point.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So there’s a very good chance I might end up having to live with fruit flies in my apartment up until the winter with how my apartment barely even gets cold unless I have the AC on and if it’s lucky to reach cold temperature with snow outside. 🤷🏿‍♂️ Seriously, this apartment is usually a ******* sauna in here regardless of what the temperature is outside. Days where it even recognizes the temperature outside are incredibly rare.

I was reading the temperature has to reach below 53 degrees for those stupid things to die. I ******* hate summer.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The fact that “season six” literally only had one episode though.
Generally speaking, when some shows have a feature-length series finale as EEE did, the final seasons tend to be shorter in quantity to make up for the finale being the length of two, three, maybe even four episodes in one.

That's not always the case though, but again, generally speaking, that's known to happen.