What made you think today?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Many people have to deal with bad breath. Thank God mouthwash was invented.

once upon a time there were only three to choose from. You could tell by its color.

Listerine. Kills bad breath germs, you can put it on cuts and scrapes, but harsh as anything. You had to dilute it or it will burn your gums and teeth.

Lavoris- hard to find nowadays, but had a red cinnamon flavor. Recommended by dentists in the 70s.

Scope- the real winner. Minty green fresh, doesn’t leave the harsh aftertaste Listerine does.

Lusterine caught on because now they have a minty green flavor.

So eat all the onions and garlic you want, smoke ‘em if you got ‘em , just rinse with Scope before you kiss me.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yeah, I always have a reminder set up on my phone when to brush my teeth. It helps.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Before anybody starts jumping all over me assuming I'm just perpetuating the whole Steve Whitmire/Matt Vogel/Kermit fiasco, this honestly has nothing to do with any of that - this is just something that's been filtering through my mind for a little while.

Anyway, while it's true that Steve's Kermit voice was obviously very different from Jim's, one thing I think helped Steve's Kermit work character-wise was that like Jim, Steve is a "good ole boy" from the south. Of course, Kermit wasn't necessarily a southern-fried character or anything, both when he's not getting really flustered by all of the mayhem of the other Muppets around him, Kermit did have that sort of calm, easy-going charm about him that a lot of (non-redneck) southerns seem to possess . . . and, as Brian Jay Jones's book notes, an easy-going southern charm seemed to stick with Mississippi-born Jim throughout his life . . . that was a quality Georgia-born Steve was able to bring to Kermit as well, which is one reason why I think his Kermit still felt natural and worked well.

Grumpo

Reaction score
Hmmm, and Kansas City born Matt is a great replacement for an Okie Jerry Nelson... fits.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
With how off the charts cancel culture is right now, even for things that were said or done in years past has me wondering if people today would try to cancel Dion for describing "The Wanderer" as, "Black music filtered through an Italian neighborhood that comes out with attitude."

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
With how off the charts cancel culture is right now, even for things that were said or done in years past has me wondering if people today would try to cancel Dion for describing "The Wanderer" as, "Black music filtered through an Italian neighborhood that comes out with attitude."
cancel culture deserves a big middle finger. Rock and roll has always been a synthesis of different musical styles. Blues, jazz, country, folk, gospel, blended and strained, and out comes something new. The Beatles have done a lot to show how far the possibilities can go.
50 years ago, one of the biggest acts around were Ike and Tina Turner. Their repertoire was covers of white artists- the Beatles, Stones, Creedence, etc. with their own spin on things.

Music always brought people together. Now cancel culture wants to destroy that unifying factor. Screw that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The Beatles have done a lot to show how far the possibilities can go.
And they were examples of early cancel culture before cancel culture was even a thing due to John Lennon's infamous, "We're more popular than Jesus," remark.