What made you think today?

Any Del

Reaction score
I mean do you want the government in your love life? Because say if your wife divorces you and puts you on alimony or child support, you'll be spending the rest of your life paying unnecessary money to someone you can't even see.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Well, my wife and I have been married twenty years, and we’re not splitting up anytime soon. We could have split up a number of times, but we didn’t. We took our vows seriously, and we’re in this Til Death Do Us Part.
We’ve had problems and arguments, like any couple will. But she’s still the last one I see at night and the first one I see in the morning.
I love her, and I’m still blown away how much she loves me. We beat the odds.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We've long reached a point in technological advancement where we have the ability to pause and rewind live TV . . . will we ever reach such a point where the same can be accomplished while listening to live, braodcast radio?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My thoughts on the Lola Bunny controversy are as follows:

Yes, her SPACE JAM debut gave her a really sexy character design, with anatomically correct female proportions, and while I know a lot of people complained about her being nothing more than just a blatant sex symbol, she otherwise had a really strong, pseudo-feminist personality, in that she didn't even tolerate male characters trying to come onto her, or call her such names as "Doll," not to mention she also proved that basketball wasn't just a boy's game.

As for her LOONEY TUNES SHOW incarnation, while yes, she was given a more traditional Looney Tunes-esque character design that totally played down her sex appeal, her personality otherwise suffered from the Kristen Wiig typecast in that she was basically awkwardly stupid/stupidly awkward for the sake of her being a zanier/wackier character.

So basically, it's like when it comes to Lola Bunny, we can take one of two choices, and both choices come with a downside: either we can take Lola as a character with a strong personality, but that personality is apparently ruined by a sexy design; or we can take Lola as a character with a far less inoffensive design, but her character is otherwise ruined by a botched personality.

But now, we've got SPACE JAM 2 where it's apparent they're trying to bridge the gap by (supposedly) bringing back her original strong personality, but redesigning her with less anatomically correct proportions, and clearly nobody is happy either way.

So yeah, those are just my thoughts.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean here’s the thing. I thought her physical appearance was captured appropriately; she definitely had the body for a basketball player. Her new design really just doesn’t work well for it, and frankly it feels very rushed and also feels like it’s pandering to those who made complaints about it in the past.

I did not like Lola’s portrayal in the Looney Tunes Show; it felt very forced and honestly she just wasn’t the type of character for Kristen.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I do actually find it somewhat odd that everybody is celebrating HANNAH MONTANA'S 15th anniversary right now considering what Miley Cyrus ended up doing to herself in the years immediately following after that series' conclusion - and intentionally so at that. But then again, there's surely a generation who grew up on that show and are probably nostalgic for it, and maybe some fans out there are able to separate the art from the artist.

Me, on the other hand, I look back and remember how Miley was pole dancing on top of an ice cream cart on live TV, and how at the time everybody was freaking out over it because little girls across the world were still looking up to her as a positive role model at the time . . . in hindsight, however, that was tame compared to what she ended up transforming herself into.

I mean, if she didn't want to forever be associated with this kids show, more power to her, but it still felt incredibly selfish and conceited that she went so far to intentionally overly sexualize herself to shed that image when you consider, as I said, she was regarded as a role model for young girls at a time when they still didn't have very many positive female icons to look up to and relate with (hence why this was also around the time SS added Abby Cadabby, and more shows and characters aimed specifically at younger girls were emerging to remedy that quandary). It's not exactly, "WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?" But it did kind of feeling basically, "Yeah, eff you kids, I'm not here for you to admire, (crotch-rub crotch-rub crotch-rub)!"

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean, here’s the truth, public icons aren’t the characters they play in show biz. Plus, she was out of her teenage years and becoming an adult. It’s a case of holding too many high expectations just because they may have been in kid-friendly shows.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No, I get where you're coming from, but like I said, in her case, it really just felt like she was intentionally going out of her way to tarnish the image that was associated with her as being a positive role model for little girls during a time where there was something of a severe lack of such in a boy-dominated world - especially as she become increasingly more and more overtly sexual in her career in the years afterward. I mean I never even watched her show anyway (sometimes my niece would have it on in the background - I really couldn't get passed what a terrible actress Miley was), but even from my perspective, it all struck me like she had this really big eff you mentality in what she was doing to herself.

I would say it's a similar, though more subdued case with Ariana Grande . . . at the very least, she hasn't been as crazy and explosive as Miley has been, but it did seem like she heading down that same road after her own Disney Channel days with some of the questionable moves she was making in both her career and personal life (though the latter of which really isn't anybody's business but hers).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Truth is I think both of them fall under “never idolize your heroes”..... cause unfortunately, they can always change for better or worse, and Miley and Ariana pretty much went into the latter direction.